Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, ordered a M3 LR on Saturday 5th March and just wanted to share (for others considering ordering) that my delivery date was initially estimated at November 2022. This then changed to June 11 - July 09 on Sunday. Of course, this may change again. Will keep you updated so we can see how delivery times vary with current orders.
Same here. Ordered via Zenith and they confirmed EDD of mid November. Order was then confirmed 1st March with message from Tesla and RN number - no delivery date yet from Tesla but I suspect it will be different / sooner than Zenith estimation.

Hi everyone, so I got on the chat and the chap was called Donnell - he/she said they could not give me either license plate or VIN as I was in the U.K.? Does this mean there is a separate U.K. chat and I am being a loon!?!
I've been wondering this a few times. I've had a few conversations on chat regarding financing with my bank - and each time the person at the other end seems to be unaware of the existence of a bank named 'Halifax' 😂

I need to complete the online form for my M3 order but unsure what if anything to put in the yellow highlighted box. My company names is already in the blue box.
The car is being purchased by my business and myself and wife who are directors will be the only ones driving it.

Do I put my name in the box or not and are there any advantages / disadvantages of doing so around ownership, tax etc?

Tesla Business.PNG

White LR, Manchester

Moderator comment: by the time I'd got round to approving the post the car has been sold. I've still approved it for posterity, For anyone new to the forum, links including when you quote a link posted by someone else will result in your post being sent for approval. It's not a problem for us mods but it make take a few hours before one of us sees it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, ordered a M3 LR on Saturday 5th March and just wanted to share (for others considering ordering) that my delivery date was initially estimated at November 2022. This then changed to June 11 - July 09 on Sunday. Of course, this may change again. Will keep you updated so we can see how delivery times vary with current orders.

I ordered M3 LR / Midnight Silver / Aero Wheels with Black Interior on the 18th February.
Since then, my estimated delivery date has been: -

Nov 2022
April - May
May - June
June - July
May - June

Now I'm back to June - July, again.

As you scan these forums, you'll see a similar trend, the trend being there isn't one (lol), and buying a Tesla is just like buying a raffle ticket! I've seen some people order a new Tesla and take delivery within 2 weeks; some have been waiting since last August/September. It's laughably chaotic.

I ordered M3 LR / Midnight Silver / Aero Wheels with Black Interior on the 18th February.
Since then, my estimated delivery date has been: -

Nov 2022
April - May
May - June
June - July
May - June

Now I'm back to June - July, again.

As you scan these forums, you'll see a similar trend, the trend being there isn't one (lol), and buying a Tesla is just like buying a raffle ticket! I've seen some people order a new Tesla and take delivery within 2 weeks; some have been waiting since last August/September. It's laughably chaotic.
Same here, mine seems to have settled for May-June now. I do wonder if I'll get a surprise match when SYMPHONY docks at Southampton. I can only hope so. I can live with May, but, it's a bit of a bummer considering when I ordered it was a March ETA back in November.

Same here, mine seems to have settled for May-June now. I do wonder if I'll get a surprise match when SYMPHONY docks at Southampton. I can only hope so. I can live with May, but, it's a bit of a bummer considering when I ordered it was a March ETA back in November.

Fingers crossed for you bud!
Smallest of violins for you. I've not been waiting 4 weeks yet and I'm already pulling my hair out.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Hi all. Got my reg allocated to me today. But when i search in dvla site or insurance sites it does not get recognised. Does it take a while ? I am assuming it is because it was just allocated today
They don't formally register the vehicle untill your collection day (it states this is the SMS I had with my reg)
This means that it won't show up untill after that time with DVLA or insurance.

Hi all. Got my reg allocated to me today. But when i search in dvla site or insurance sites it does not get recognised. Does it take a while ? I am assuming it is because it was just allocated today
I think the plate is reserved for you / your car beforhand. Tesla will have a list of REG numbers. I rememebr when I picked up a new car before, i could literally choose numebr plate from an A4 paper full of reg potentials.. I was really in to snooker at the time, so chose something with 147 lol.... I think they register it and confirm it with the authoritarr around pick up day. Think someone will be able to clarify better. Having the plate is just ideal for insurance reservation.

Reactions: Cooksmaster1