Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way - before you drive away try to film it inside and out. In your excitement you may not notice things like slight stains, cuts, stone chips etc. This way
a) you can make a Vlog out of it and b) you can study the film to see if there was anything you missed.

Then Tesla cannot claim the damage was done on the way back home.

Collected my all black RWD Model 3 this morning in Belfast. Busier than I expected, there were 25+ new Model 3/Y being prepared for collection, many not yet washed (though this was in progress on several cars) and a transporter with another 8 on it parked outside on the road with the driver trying hard to find spots to unload the cars into. TA told me they had been open since 8am (my slot was 11am) and so several cars had already gone and that they were expecting more loads next week. My own RWD had 96% charge which was a pleasant surprise. Paintwork, panel gaps, etc. all looked fine. Just home with 84% (took the long way) but have put it on charge to get to 100% as advised anyway. Going to set up the WiFi and phone app now.

View attachment 779097

My collection experience at Bluewater.

Thought I would share my collection experience of my new Tesla today. Upon arrival I checked in at Tesla desk. Few people where ahead of me but only waited few minutes. The process was very quick, all I did is I gave them my driver's license and signed collection contract via e-sign. I was told that my app won't work as my car needs to update first and I should be able to have my car connected to the Tesla app within 24 hours. Didn't really mind that much as was excited to get my hands on a new car so not really a massive inconvenience. Was also told that I have 7 days or 100miles to report any issues that would be rectified free of charge. The battery was only 21% so needed to use supercharger, there are lots of them at Bluewater. All in all the process was quick and had no issues.
What's not so good. Th car park is really dark and honestly you do really have to drive off first to properly inspect the car. My car was dirty, there were water marks and dust everywhere. On top of that lots of swirl marks if you look at it really closely. Lots of people were cleaning their cars at the car park and somone at the supercharger complained to Tesla SA who send someone with a bucket of water and cloth to clean up the car.
Anyway, will have the car cleaned tomorrow and will take some pictures then!
I'm picking up at Bluewater next week. I thought the car park would be gloomy, but the dirty car bit is a concern - doesn't add to the experience or help with checking the car over!
How does Supercharging work without the app? Does it still link to your account for payment or is it free? 🤔

How long after getting the “your vehicle is on its way“ text and getting the reg number?
I actually never got a "vehicle on the way" text! Either they forgot to send it or it got lost somewhere...

I had the RN number text on Jan 3rd when I placed the order, then radio silence until March 2nd when I got the "it's time to schedule delivery" text. Yesterday I got a text asking for an update settlement letter for my trade-in, then today was the reg text.

Reactions: Freds Dad
I'm picking up at Bluewater next week. I thought the car park would be gloomy, but the dirty car bit is a concern - doesn't add to the experience or help with checking the car over!
How does Supercharging work without the app? Does it still link to your account for payment or is it free? 🤔
The supercharging was all good. I wasn't charged, not sure if it was because my app wasn't set up or because you just get complimentary charge on your first day :) you see the price on Tesla screen whilst charging but my app shows "zero" charging history and no payment was taken from my card.
With regards to the cars, the car park was full of teslas and new ones were coming in. I think due to the volume they just can't perfect every car and some of them are just not cleaned properly.

Reactions: DIY-Trev
[/QUOTE]

I had 20% when I collected. They had it on charge but they had slow ones. After downloading the software update and checking the car over and logging a service visit - there were a couple of light scratches and a chip - we drove to the super charger. The charger automatically communicated with the car and it charged my card. I didn’t get a free charge but I’m not fussed about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIY-Trev