Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't provide any help I know :( BUT any idea what 'failed pre-delivery inspection' means? At least you weren't given a car that turned out to be faulty.

Feel bad for you, I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Give it the weekend, or go visit in person if you have a near by Tesla unit. Miracles happen when you're in front of a human :)

Thank you.

Unfortunately we are yet to understand clearly what 'failed pre-delivery inspection' actually means.

The individuals we spoke to on the customer service line mentioned it can be a generic term used for multiple things. However they can't see any issues marked 'on the system' for that Reg/VIN.

We are not too overly far from Bluewater (30mins drive each way) yet in our haste to sell the existing car we are somewhat land locked.

Perhaps first world problems, but it does leave an increasingly bad taste in the mouth...

Reactions: Snowy77
Thank you.

Unfortunately we are yet to understand clearly what 'failed pre-delivery inspection' actually means.

The individuals we spoke to on the customer service line mentioned it can be a generic term used for multiple things. However they can't see any issues marked 'on the system' for that Reg/VIN.

We are not too overly far from Bluewater (30mins drive each way) yet in our haste to sell the existing car we are somewhat land locked.

Perhaps first world problems, but it does leave an increasingly bad taste in the mouth...
There's a Tesla center at Dartford, and the guys / girls there are tremendously helpful. It might be worth popping in if you fancied a shopping trip to nearby Bluewater :)

(just read the land locked thing... agh). Perfect time to ask if any nearby family fancied a day out to Bluewater :D

AF22 here, but I have to wait for my trip to Southampton for another 2 weeks
Almost there!
Has anyone had to renew their trade-in offer? Mine expires on the 14th and I have delivery on the 25th. Part of me is terrified the offer is going to drop and I'm going to have to scrape together the difference!
Mine expired 5th and pick up 12th. They renewed the trade-in offer for 3rd time now without changing the offer. I think you will be fine too

Reactions: Bovakinn
Tesla Eve for me! charger eventually fitted, so looking forward to my 9:00am appointment 😁😁😁. I’ll be in bed by 8😂

I had an early AM appointment and got their early so I could check the car out beforehand. Mine had several little nicks but otherwise was excellent and the quality was fantastic. Mine had a software update - if you start it off it takes a good 20-mins to download and update. We updated the software anyway as we were excited and it was on charge - it only had 20% although that was enough to get us home but we still did a super charger session to experience what was involved.

Update from me guys...

My car was scheduled for delivery at my home address on the 15th of March as it is Leased. I spoke to Craig yesterday and told him as my car is in Birmingham and i live in Northamptonshire, i can pick the car up on the weekend as i don't want the delivery to be postponed for any reason because i have booked scotland holiday for that weekend. Craig said he will speak to the delivery team at Tesla and get back to me.

Today i recieved a call from Craig at Netherlands (Holland number) and said if you want you can pick the car up on this Saturday from Birminghan NEC at 13:30, straightaway i said YES and agreed to collect it myself.

Instead of counting days till the 15th i am now counting hours for tomorrow!

I am super excited guys! - i'll post some videos and photos once i pick it up. If anyone has picked there car from Birmingham NEC any tips will be appreciated. :)

Picking up: Tesla M3 RWD/WhiteBlack/Aero

Well something changed on my Tesla order page.

They put everything in to USD.

View attachment 779485

Wonder if that means they just reduced my M3LR to £38,268 😅😂🤣

This was obviously a mistake on their portal which will be fixed shortly. But what is fact is that the exact same vehicles sold in the USA whether LR or Perf are priced approx £10,000 less expensive than the exact same models in the UK. I just purchased an M3 LR in the UK on 23 Dec and an M3 LR in the USA (as I am moving there) and the one here in the USA cost approx £10,000 less. The reason is that the UK customer is willing to pay for the substantially higher price and all the UK price hikes. The base M3 LR in the UK was £47,500 for the entirety of 2021, Tesla yanked it up 2-days ago by £3,500 to £51,000

Update from me guys...

My car was scheduled for delivery at my home address on the 15th of March as it is Leased. I spoke to Craig yesterday and told him as my car is in Birmingham and i live in Northamptonshire, i can pick the car up on the weekend as i don't want the delivery to be postponed for any reason because i have booked scotland holiday for that weekend. Craig said he will speak to the delivery team at Tesla and get back to me.

Today i recieved a call from Craig at Netherlands (Holland number) and said if you want you can pick the car up on this Saturday from Birminghan NEC at 13:30, straightaway i said YES and agreed to collect it myself.

I am super excited guys! - i'll post some videos and photos once i pick it up. If anyone has picked there car from Birmingham NEC any tips will be appreciated. :)

Amazing! How exciting! Please let us know what your experience is like picking it up from Birmingham NEC. I'll be picking mine up later this month so any tips/advice from would be great 😊. Good luck, hope all goes well

Update from me guys...

I kind of want to go to the NEC this weekend and see everyone collect their cars 😂 mine's getting delivered to my gaff at the end of the month (business lease) so I'm missing out on all the fun.

This was obviously a mistake on their portal which will be fixed shortly. But what is fact is that the exact same vehicles sold in the USA whether LR or Perf are priced approx £10,000 less expensive than the exact same models in the UK. I just purchased an M3 LR in the UK on 23 Dec and an M3 LR in the USA (as I am moving there) and the one here in the USA cost approx £10,000 less. The reason is that the UK customer is willing to pay for the substantially higher price and all the UK price hikes. The base M3 LR in the UK was £47,500 for the entirety of 2021, Tesla yanked it up 2-days ago by £3,500 to £51,000
You need to add tax to the US price. The US long range is $54,940. Taxes vary by state but it will be around 10% or higher. That makes the long range $60,434 or higher. This is approx. £46,133 for a US LR

That’s not correct, a lot of this difference will be shipping / transport costs.

Hi everyone, I placed an order for a RWD model 3 a few days ago, it said delivery November to start with, then July, now it’s saying May 9-Jun which I was quite surprised, do you think this is likely to be delayed?

Also any suggestions on the best way to finance it, PCP directly with Tesla or a finance broker? I got a PCP quote with a finance broker and their ballon payment/GFV was a lot higher than Teslas, which of course breaks the monthly payments down.

Many thanks

Raf

It didn't go up £ 3.5k in one go. The price increased to £ 49k in Nov 2021, and then again in March 2022 to the current £ 51k.
Sorry to say, no, it was 47.5k in March 2021 (I bought one), it was 47.5k in Nov 2021 (I bought one), it was 47.5k in Dec 2021 (I bought two) and it is 51k now. I have now purchase one in USA too as I am moving there. My self, wife and two children all own M3's

You need to add tax to the US price. The US long range is $54,940. Taxes vary by state but it will be around 10% or higher. That makes the long range $60,434 or higher. This is approx. £46,133 for a US LR

Taxes depending on State is 5-10%, where I live its 5%. Even in States at 11%, the USA prices are a substantial saving over UK prices

That’s not correct, a lot of this difference will be shipping / transport costs.

A product is a product irrespective if Transport costs. The Tesla's sold in Austria, France, Belgium and Italy also ship from Shanghai and have a longer sea voyage as they are unloaded after Southampton, in Zeebrugee, Belgium yet their base prices are significantly less than Tesla UK's list price