Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposed to be getting my White M3P delivered tomorrow, had texts earlier today from Anyvan confirming this, so been an exciting day............but - just had call from Tesla 30mins ago (1700hrs) saying there is damage to one of the wheels and it needs replaced!! so delivery now could be Friday.
I enquired about the wheel and he says it was damaged so badly the car couldn't be driven.......fairly alarming that!!
Anyways - I'm worried it may be more than the wheel but not sure how I can tell. I did ask about any other damage, suspension etc but he says car is fine, other than the wheel.
Not really much of an apology, no mention of any compensation or a sweetener, says I can collect 120miles from my home on Thursday, and they will pay up to £100 for travel, but says the car might not be fully charged when I get there. Really sounded as if he couldn't care less.
Taken tomorrow off work already - and was supposed to be away this Friday for the weekend with the wife, enjoying my new car, so its scuppered both!!!!!

Pissed right off and seriously thinking of just cancelling it, said I'd let them know tomorrow.

sounds like a delivery mess up maybe? How would they even have got it off the boat and onto the transporters? if bashed I’d be checking carefully for damage on the body around the wheel and possible suspension damage. Not sure if Tesla will check themselves so may be worth popping into a friendly garage if you know one to check it over?

Reactions: gslaw2995
sounds like a delivery mess up maybe? How would they even have got it off the boat and onto the transporters? if bashed I’d be checking carefully for damage on the body around the wheel and possible suspension damage. Not sure if Tesla will check themselves so may be worth popping into a friendly garage if you know one to check it over?
Yeah - can get delivered on Friday, but they say I can pick up on Thursday, might just do that and ask them to put it on the ramps for me to check myself. Disappointing nonetheless.
Thanks for comment, cheers.

0326416F-26F5-486A-92AB-AD6C82D9D7BE.png

As Predicted. The Y hasn’t gone up in price yet. LR 3 & Y are same price now.

Disappointing nonetheless.
I had pretty low expectations of the delivery (collection) process and it pretty much lived down to those expectations. Others have commented on the anxiety leading up to delivery day. With the sheer volume of vehicles they are moving about and handing over things will go wrong. They don't really appear to cope well at all with orders that fall out of the normal process.

My car was not available when I arrived to collect. It was being fixed by the on-site rangers. I then had to go through some 'special' acceptance process. The result of which is that my app/account still thinks my car has not been delivered. It's showing EDD March 15-22 and will slip to 16-23 later today. They told me it would be resolved within 24hrs. Then that it could take up to 40hrs. It's been 4 days now and I still can't use the app with the car or any of the premium connectivity features.

However the car itself is utterly brilliant. I cannot think of anything else that comes close to these at the moment. The performance is outrageous and when taking it easy it's doing the equivalent of 396mpg comparing the cost of electricity with petrol. I am sure yours will be fine in the end - they do seem to not cut corners in resolving issues or defects with their vehicles. Good luck!

I had pretty low expectations of the delivery (collection) process and it pretty much lived down to those expectations. Others have commented on the anxiety leading up to delivery day. With the sheer volume of vehicles they are moving about and handing over things will go wrong. They don't really appear to cope well at all with orders that fall out of the normal process.

My car was not available when I arrived to collect. It was being fixed by the on-site rangers. I then had to go through some 'special' acceptance process. The result of which is that my app/account still thinks my car has not been delivered. It's showing EDD March 15-22 and will slip to 16-23 later today. They told me it would be resolved within 24hrs. Then that it could take up to 40hrs. It's been 4 days now and I still can't use the app with the car or any of the premium connectivity features.

However the car itself is utterly brilliant. I cannot think of anything else that comes close to these at the moment. The performance is outrageous and when taking it easy it's doing the equivalent of 396mpg comparing the cost of electricity with petrol. I am sure yours will be fine in the end - they do seem to not cut corners in resolving issues or defects with their vehicles. Good luck!
Thats ridiculous really, sounds like a really simple fix for yours, software or computer system update required ‘somewhere’. Thanks for comment, had a sleep on it and realise I’ll be cutting my nose off to spite my face if I do a U-Turn. Cheers…….btw did your get the new rear light clusters?

Looks like the price has gone up for the second time in a week, another one since yesterday. The basic RWD model 3 with Aeros is now £45,990, that’s another increase of £2,000. So £3,000 more than it was a week ago.

I feel so lucky to have placed my order at just the right time, with the insane petrol prices and massive EV demand. I collect mine Friday, can’t friggin’ wait!

btw did your get the new rear light clusters?
Yes.

No rear laminated glass, as expected. Doesn't appear to have lowered suspension, but TBH I don't care because it rides very well and the roads round here are appalling.

Like all other M3Ps delivered in Q1, I ended up with the Panasonic 3L battery. With the benefit of hindsight and a better understanding of how the power rating is achieved, it is a good outcome. I can also see 80kWh of usable energy.

• Love
Reactions: gslaw2995
Is the price increase purely to do with raw material costs, or is it being manipulated to drive people into buying the flock of demos in inventory or the performance models (I see their price is unchanged so presume they have excessive supply)?

I was expecting a USB stick to be included to record dashcam and sentry footage. Should I have received one with the car? If not what's recommended?
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe there was a time they did ship with one and recently they stopped this. You just need a USB stick around the 128GB mark or higher ideally so you don't need to offload it too often. I think you need to format it for the car but I don't remember what the partition is that it needs. Maybe just order one from amazon or try one you have at home already and see if it works as it is.