Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your help, Millinium101. That suggests I chose the right option, as I remember on the form I was filling, there was a checkbox asking if I am a Sole Trader (which I did not tick). I find the website flow confusing, as it suggests this is a business registration. I think I need to wait until I talk to their support team on Monday.

View attachment 783017
I had that on my registration page, and it was a personal one for me too. It does not matter that it says company, it all went through fine.

So, I would like your help/opinion.
I ordered a M3 on Nov 4th 2021. I asked multiple times the TA if I am taking delivery of the car up until the end of March, and the answer was... June.
Today, as I was browsing my Tesla account for the millionth time - I don't know why - I found the final invoice with the VIN!
I have received no texts, emails, telephone calls!
There is no VIN in the source code!
What is going on????

I also collect on the 29th from Manchester so May see you there. There are a lot of Teslas parked at the junction 9 end of the TC a in a big open car park and I regularly see car transporters on the M60 heading towards TC.
what time will you be collecting? we might bump into each other haha. I called tesla today to see if i can collect it earlier. they said the car is in Southampton and the earliest date available in Southampton is the 26th. that 5 hour drive from manchester to southampton is not worth it only for two days. If i could ve collected a week earlier than maybe but definitely not travelling that far out just to collect the car two days earlier.

Thank you! I was shocked when I saw the date go form Feb 2023 to May-June 2022! This is all new to me, finding this forum super helpful. Does Tesla let you keep putting a delivery date off?
yep! all they have done is give you a rough estimation of when you could be matched (may or june). if you want to delay, you can call them, or grab someone on chat and simply ask for a 'match hold' until xyz.. If you're expecting 2023 and they drop a match on you way sooner than anticipated, sometimes you may not be ready (no charge point / finances etc).. just ask for a Q3 delivery or Q4 if preferred, or even ask for them to honour the estimated date you ordered at (if you're patient). They can put a match hold on for you nps. Just means you won't be allocated a car until it's lifted... (you'll still pay the amount on your original quote, no increases).

Reactions: JOL1
what time will you be collecting? we might bump into each other haha. I called tesla today to see if i can collect it earlier. they said the car is in Southampton and the earliest date available in Southampton is the 26th. that 5 hour drive from manchester to southampton is not worth it only for two days. If i could ve collected a week earlier than maybe but definitely not travelling that far out just to collect the car two days earlier.
1.30 collection for me.

yep! all they have done is give you a rough estimation of when you could be matched (may or june). if you want to delay, you can call them, or grab someone on chat and simply ask for a 'match hold' until xyz.. If you're expecting 2023 and they drop a match on you way sooner than anticipated, sometimes you may not be ready (no charge point / finances etc).. just ask for a Q3 delivery or Q4 if preferred, or even ask for them to honour the estimated date you ordered at (if you're patient). They can put a match hold on for you nps. Just means you won't be allocated a car until it's lifted... (you'll still pay the amount on your original quote, no increases).
Hi @Snowy77 , I am a rare case that I do need to postpone the delivery. When I placed the order (RWD, white/black, 18"), the estimated delivery was Nov2022, then it changed to June 18 - July 16 and a few days ago it changed the second time to May 09 - May 23. On one hand I am excited that I can get the car earlier. But on the other hand, the changed delivery date is too early to me. Do you know what number I should call for this matter (I couldn't find a suitable number from Tesla website other than those for the stores)? Online chat was mentioned in this forum a number of times but I never see it in Tesla website. In which Tesla website page can I see (or wait) for the online chat? Or, is there an email address that I can contact them? Thank you.

Hi @Snowy77 , I am a rare case that I do need to postpone the delivery. When I placed the order (RWD, white/black, 18"), the estimated delivery was Nov2022, then it changed to June 18 - July 16 and a few days ago it changed the second time to May 09 - May 23. On one hand I am excited that I can get the car earlier. But on the other hand, the changed delivery date is too early to me. Do you know what number I should call for this matter (I couldn't find a suitable number from Tesla website other than those for the stores)? Online chat was mentioned in this forum a number of times but I never see it in Tesla website. In which Tesla website page can I see (or wait) for the online chat? Or, is there an email address that I can contact them? Thank you.

Hey Eddy, sorry to chime in on this, the best contact details are below:

Telephone: 01628 450660
Live Chat: This appears on the Existing Inventory page when they have an agent available which is generally between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
E-Mail: [email protected] (however they are very slow to respond - probably due to the volume of e-mails they receive).

Reactions: Snowy77
You will find the chat option on the 'order now' page, however you have to be looking at the desktop version of the web page. If you are using your mobile, you will have to change a setting somewhere. In chrome it is easy

Other than that, it is just a case of checking every now and then

Reactions: DanielSon
With all these M3 deliveries being moved from 2023 to May/June, has me wondering…

When I ordered (RWD/White/Black/18” on 7/2) my estimated delivery time was May 2022. And now it is May/June. Should I expect delivery in the earlier part of that window, or do the more expensive models still take priority?

Oh don't worry at all. I had a match hold on until late February, it's how I missed the March rush. I ordered back in November when the estimated delivery was March, I was offered a car in December. It was way too soon and I mirror your excitement getting it earlier, but I needed March as coincided with a bunch of stuff. My account just showed 'On hold' where your expected date is. Tesla are fine with it :)

Word of advice... enable matching sooner than later, else you end up like me in the violin club 😂😂🤣😆😁 - it's a bit risky just in case orders go haywire, and you end up waiting even longer. When's the earliest you think you can take a car? There are some clever formulae you can use to try to unhold at the optimum time! BUT even if you're not on hold you can always refuse a match, which I haven't been brave enough to do more than the once! 🙃