Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, one of these exact models came up in the inventory this morning, which is rare. Less than 50 mil on the clock. I got onto Tesla live chat straight away and Craig came back with that they couldn't match me to this vehicle as it is more expensive. It is literally the same car! He tells me it's because of the recent price increases that they couldn't match me to it. I even asked whether I could just pay the difference and they tell me not. How stupid- it's literally the same car. I don't get it at all. He says I'll have to wait for the 'official matching process'. Just match me then, there's literally a car available with no one matched to it. I find the whole Tesla process so cumbersome and tiring. Makes you really feel like saying just forget it, but then I'm well aware it's just spiting myself then.
I think I called up about the same car (Assuming it's an LR). The chap on the phone said no bother, we can get that matched. I'll call you back when it's done. (Thought I might as well give it a go...)

Yet to have a call back, and the inventory is gone now. So guessing I won't be getting the car early. Somewhat disappointing when I was given a march estimate...

Reactions: DanielSon
I think I called up about the same car (Assuming it's an LR). The chap on the phone said no bother, we can get that matched. I'll call you back when it's done. (Thought I might as well give it a go...)

Yet to have a call back, and the inventory is gone now. So guessing I won't be getting the car early. Somewhat disappointing when I was given a march estimate...
Out of curiosity do you suddenly have a VIN in your source code?

N
They are quality, and custom made. Nobody else offers this service and quality. Why put cheap plates on an expensive car. And the carriers that come standard let the look down IMHO.
No denying that they look awesome. I guess the price point also ensures some level of exclusivity to. It'd be a bit meh if everyone had them on old bangers :D

I keep going back to the photo, it does look fantastic. I can't justify the price but if I was a bit richer, I'd definitely go for it.

dont' want to over step, but any chance you can take a shot of the fronts for me as well?

😁
Here you go… going to get some better shots in the harbour as said I would share with fourdot, but just to satisfy your curiosity….. and you can catch a glimpse of the wheel trims I ordered from the USA!
6705FA63-9297-4EA0-877A-81D1EB5ED062.jpeg
C1562B05-F449-428D-95BF-FB1A747B87E2.jpeg

Here you go… going to get some better shots in the harbour as said I would share with fourdot, but just to satisfy your curiosity….. and you can catch a glimpse of the wheel trims I ordered from the USA!View attachment 784405View attachment 784406
Front number plate looks even better. But I guess you need short private plate for it to look cool rather than standard reg.

Reactions: jaksteruk
Here you go… going to get some better shots in the harbour as said I would share with fourdot, but just to satisfy your curiosity….. and you can catch a glimpse of the wheel trims I ordered from the USA!View attachment 784405View attachment 784406
You're a legend, scholar and gentleman. Thanks for the pics. What gets me is how seamless it looks with the car. Obviously I'm sold on them. They look great.

is it really that bad? 😃

The number plate holder is in fact excellent quality and appearance. They are quite short of the good quality ones so perhaps he got a bad one but upon delivery you can ask a Tesla shop for the one that says Tesla in white on the bottom. In fact the best quality plate holder of any manufacturer. Further in fact probably the only compliment I have ever give to Tesla!

The number plate holder is in fact excellent quality and appearance. They are quite short of the good quality ones so perhaps he got a bad one but upon delivery you can ask a Tesla shop for the one that says Tesla in white on the bottom. In fact the best quality plate holder of any manufacturer. Further in fact probably the only compliment I have ever give to Tesla!
I'm not sure I can go as fancy as jaksteruk, but between you both i never before considered the reg plate or plate holder as an accessory. Dang i knew I forgot something ! ;-)

I did just that and found a great company where you can get shaped plates that you can part design the backgrounds and trims.
http://fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/
Great service and quality, comes in a nice presentation box with certificate etc. not cheap but v good quality. View attachment 784300

What you have placed on your vehicle is a show plate. Up until Sep 2021, when new laws were passed, police would ignore the fact that the shape and markings to conform to British Standards for Number Plates but after Sep 2021 they have taken this very seriously, I was stopped recently and fined for not having a compliant plate like yours and fined not once but twice, one for front an one for rear. 100 pounds per plate!

Reactions: MrMoonUK
What you have placed on your vehicle is a show plate. Up until Sep 2021, when new laws were passed, police would ignore the fact that the shape and markings to conform to British Standards for Number Plates but after Sep 2021 they have taken this very seriously, I was stopped recently and fined for not having a compliant plate like yours and fined not once but twice, one for front an one for rear. 100 pounds per plate!
Exactly what I was saying earlier, he’s paid way too much for a plate that is a cop magnet