Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you have placed on your vehicle is a show plate. Up until Sep 2021, when new laws were passed, police would ignore the fact that the shape and markings to conform to British Standards for Number Plates but after Sep 2021 they have taken this very seriously, I was stopped recently and fined for not having a compliant plate like yours and fined not once but twice, one for front an one for rear. 100 pounds per plate!
Which part of the law do these plates break?

Reactions: jaksteruk and JanF1
Result! Heated wheel and rears have finally been activated, exactly one week since delivery..

View attachment 784017
Tesla service centre told me today that there is a back log on some software pushes. It’s on its way for others but could be 4/5 weeks. I assume that’s worst case scenario.
Just for some background. I had issues with my charging cable not working. Home charger and third party not happening. Tesla replaced it no issue and all fine.

Reactions: JOL1
I had the most frustrating conversations on the Tesla Live Chat this morning.

I ordered my M3, White, Black Interior, Aeros on 9th December. Lease company kept giving me random dates it would here by (which I'm sure were all just made up). It went from 28th February to 15th March, now 15th April even though Tesla say it won't be til May-June. I was told February when I ordered back in December.

Anyway, one of these exact models came up in the inventory this morning, which is rare. Less than 50 mil on the clock. I got onto Tesla live chat straight away and Craig came back with that they couldn't match me to this vehicle as it is more expensive. It is literally the same car! He tells me it's because of the recent price increases that they couldn't match me to it. I even asked whether I could just pay the difference and they tell me not. How stupid- it's literally the same car. I don't get it at all. He says I'll have to wait for the 'official matching process'. Just match me then, there's literally a car available with no one matched to it. I find the whole Tesla process so cumbersome and tiring. Makes you really feel like saying just forget it, but then I'm well aware it's just spiting myself then.
I had the same experience on chat today

Anyone have a telephone number where I can discuss my reservation I placed? Thanks
If you call the number for your local tesla branch, it ends up handled by a central team AFAIK. They block existing orders based on caller line ID though, and would rather not speak to you until your car is allocated and they want your money. If you call from a different number, they're polite enough but I haven't found they've been able to change the situation much

I just got home from work and whilst driving on M60 I saw 3x Tesla M3 all in white (2x70 plate and one brand new 22 plate.) within 1 minute of each other. Couldn’t take my eyes of them and whilst passing 22 plate one, I had a quick look at boot alignment 😂😂😂 I must be going crazy to check for those things on a Tesla.

6 days and 16hrs to go.
I see Tesla's all day on the M60 along with car transporters delivering to the TC.

6 days and 18hrs to go

Are those Rimetrix Orbitals? If so, nice! And how much did it cost you to get them here?
Well spotted! Yes they are and I love them. Very secure fit. 381 Dollars and UPS wanted £70 import fees but messed up so might have got away with it, but we will see. Cheaper than alloys and you can replace them if you scratch them. They’re a bit wider then the originals so look like you have larger wheels.

Reactions: QuanTim
Which part of the law do these plates break?

Thanks for pointing that out Cantonalegod! Agree they conform to all those points. Nothing there referencing to a different shape. This is from the Fourdot site.

Fourdot® has created the first, and only, fully road legal, personalised and shaped number plates in the UK.

During the design and development of our plates, both the Police and DVLA were extensively consulted to ensure legality and performance at every stage. The result of our due diligence and attention to detail, has created a product unlike any other. Our designer number plates are truly unique in every way and offer the ultimate in number plate design and quality.

Our DVLA Supplier Identity Number is 48070.”

Should keep the number plate enforcers happy!! 😜

I got text messages right up to pickup day including things like instructions for how to get there.

Picked up RWD Blue today. Its a dream! as above, never driven anything like it, its a right proper car! Picked up from Southampton, took the train in. 20 minute walk. Totally understand how people can't sleep beforehand, don't think I've been this excited since Christmas eve when I was 9.

One paint issue on the front nearside wing (chipped). Otherwise all gaps etc present and correct.

View attachment 784061

View attachment 784063
Stunning. You are spot on, the excitement is fabulous. I’ve had mine over a week now and still buzzing

Did you also manage to sort your heated rear seats and steering wheel issue?
Yeh - so i raised a service request for my cable and also mentioned the wheel and seats. They said they where pushing updates out but where behind, and it could be 4 weeks. TBH - i don’t care as long as they come being as we are in a mini heat wave. I’ll let you know if it appears!

Reactions: rrajah
I just got home from work and whilst driving on M60 I saw 3x Tesla M3 all in white (2x70 plate and one brand new 22 plate.) within 1 minute of each other. Couldn’t take my eyes of them and whilst passing 22 plate one, I had a quick look at boot alignment 😂😂😂 I must be going crazy to check for those things on a Tesla.

6 days and 16hrs to go.
Hahaha i swear thats all that i do as well. I ve seen every single tesla m3 video in YouTube