Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please check your plates very carefully folks. I just got a ticket for driving through a bus lane in Brighton at 2am (with photo showing a white MY with my registration plate) when the car and I were in fact in Sheffield. Grrr.

I'm having a wallbox pulsar plus installed by octopus this Thursday.. Think it cost £460 supplied and fitted. Doesn't the OLEV grant thing finish this month as well? I just about got in there.

I can certainly update on this when done!
£460 supplied and fitted, thats a bargain. I was quoted £650 for Sync EV supplied and fitted from Mr Charger franchise and thats with a £50 referral

I've just got the text message . . . Your car is ready for collection . . . . Please note we cannot guarantee the level of charge etc.,

There are many things about the customer buying process of a Tesla that I don't loike but accept lots of it because it's THEIR business model and I accept that because of the nature of that model the car may not have a full charge on collection but frankly I think it is an appauling disgrace thatt they don't follow that message with . . . 'but you are welcome to a free self top up from the Supercharger before you leave'.

In my life I have collected more than a dozen new cars and EVERY car ame with a full tank - is that too much to ask!!!
Supercharging used to be free on the way home from pickup. I think the main issue with fully charging the cars is that they just wouldn't have the capacity. The number of Service Centres are far fewer than most brands have dealerships and this means they are handing over dozens of cars a day from one single location. When I've picked up from a conventional dealership they've just been dealing with me ... so no queue. Now imagine how long it would take to charge 50 cars or however many they are handing over on a day! In 2019 when I picked up mine from Edinburgh they were delivering cars to people from all of Scotland, part of the north of England and all the cars to Northern Ireland! It was an astonishing sight with cars crammed onto their car parking area.

Result! Heated wheel and rears have finally been activated, exactly one week since delivery..

CEE49AED-DCF5-4EB6-ACB9-96ACED377625.png

Apologies for quoting myself again but I just received the estimate to 'rectify the marks via a detail' and they've allowed 1.1 hours of time 🤣

It would take this long to wash it properly before even beginning any form of paint correction!
I've barely got the interior done in that time, let alone all the prep work for a correction. I'm partly dreading Saturday incase there are any issues 🙈

Just got a text from tesla saying my M3 is nearly there and to prepare for delivery to watch some videos. I am collecting on the 29th. Do you get any more texts prior to delivery with any further details? They already texted me before this with the VIN and REG number. every night i am loosing an hour of sleep as the time is getting closer and closer to collection. I don't think i ll be able to sleep at all the night before collection and after the collection in the afternoon i have back 2 back meetings. better get myself some strong coffee.

I got text messages right up to pickup day including things like instructions for how to get there.

Picked up RWD Blue today. Its a dream! as above, never driven anything like it, its a right proper car! Picked up from Southampton, took the train in. 20 minute walk. Totally understand how people can't sleep beforehand, don't think I've been this excited since Christmas eve when I was 9.

One paint issue on the front nearside wing (chipped). Otherwise all gaps etc present and correct.

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5313.jpeg

I got text messages right up to pickup day including things like instructions for how to get there.

Picked up RWD Blue today. Its a dream! as above, never driven anything like it, its a right proper car! Picked up from Southampton, took the train in. 20 minute walk. Totally understand how people can't sleep beforehand, don't think I've been this excited since Christmas eve when I was 9.

One paint issue on the front nearside wing (chipped). Otherwise all gaps etc present and correct.

View attachment 784061

View attachment 784063
Exactly what I needed to see, same spec as mine.

Pick up date was Wednesday, but due to a clash I had to reorganise it… For tomorrow!!!

I won’t be sleeping tonight, it’s been a dream car for me since 2016 when I reserved on day 1. (Ok, I am only getting the RWD and not P, but still).

I had a baby and decided to concentrate on refurbing the house etc, so it’s been a long wait.
Good luck for tomorrow! Doesn't matter what model you buy, a Tesla is a Tesla, those who have bought the RWD are absolutely loving it.

Reactions: kelvin 660

View attachment 784061

View attachment 784063
Congrats! The blue really does look good. I ordered the midnight silver, and I get colour envy every time I see blue ones.

Congrats! The blue really does look good. I ordered the midnight silver, and I get colour envy every time I see blue ones.
I was dead set on MSM for years and was 99% sure I was going to order it. But whenever I saw a blue in the wild I would always admire the colour and uniqueness of it and it always stuck in the back of my mind. Then the night I was placing the order I saw a delivery pic on here of a blue, with the aero caps off. It mustve been the angle or something but it was enough for me to make a last minute switch. And I actually couldn’t be more happier with my choice and am happy for whoever posted that pic!

Why do Tesla (as a manufacture) get to charge more for a non-smart charger?
You dont see VW offering chargers (and if so, for high prices)

Having said that, where are eBay'ers getting these cheap Tesla chargers? Back of a Lorry?
VW do in fact sell and promote homechargers through their subsidiary Company Elli ..there is nothing unusual in Tesla or other manufacturers trying to achieve value added. Of course any home charger will do the job and you can shop around. It’s a bit like Apple ..some people like to be associated with the brand and design and are prepared to pay a premium