Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope all went well
Not tracking received. Got a call at 1600 saying he was here 😁😁😁

Has got a scratch on the rear pass quarter/arch. Thought it was plastic the paint is that soft.

Attachments

• PXL_20220326_190603911.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20220326_190603911.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20220326_181755859.jpg
    PXL_20220326_181755859.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 42
039FCE88-7FCF-4249-B6E8-79C6A7A8690D.jpeg

Picked up today from Southampton after a lot of phone calls to Tesla to convince them to let me have an inventory model at the price I paid pre 5k increase and a May / June delivery. (Third time lucky on the phone call)

Delivery went smoothly. No issues I can see with paint, damage or panel gaps. Still have the chalk pen writing on the windscreen and only 34% charge. Filled up at Fleet services but should have used Heathrow as it would have been 21p instead of 41p per KW! Oh well.

This is the 3rd Tesla in the family (4 on Monday when brother gets his)

It’s being ceramic coated in a week or so time and I’ll be giving it a good wash tomorrow for sure.

Looking forward to some good drives in it soon.

Spec

2022 Long Range
White Pain
White interior
19” wheels
Enhance autopilot

Acceleration boost … soon? Hehe!

Attachments

• ED47CD02-62F3-4EC9-9459-6396C6944290.jpeg
    ED47CD02-62F3-4EC9-9459-6396C6944290.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 48
One thing I would say is that despite reading the manual multiple times and watching videos for about two years all of a sudden I just don’t know where to start!
I was the same. I think the time waiting for delivery gives too much scope for a degree of obsessive behaviour to set in. Then when you pick up the car the best made plans disappear...its all good though and you just enjoy getting to know your car

Reactions: tr!x
Funny, just this morning I was looking at vinyl plates online and on YouTube - with the intention of maaaybe getting one. As I was looking, some vids came up of doing exactly what you've done it it sold me. I really didn't see the point of vinyl when this looks just as good (if not better?). Then you posted this pic and my car will be exact same colour and it just re-affirmed that this is definitely the way to go!

Can I ask a couple of question?
1. What tape did you use? I saw 3M on the vid but would like to be sure it'll definitely stick
2. How did you trim the back plinth? The vid showed a hacksaw so would be good to get confirmation if that's indeed the best way.

Awesome work and thanks for sharing the pics!
Try these plates. They’re amazing. You can design you own for the rear, with different “wallpaper” and borders etc. great company, plates are very well made with nice clear border all round, comes with quality 3M pads to stick straight in. And 100% legal as company registered with DVLA.
B3516C09-12D1-4363-A313-DD14E05D65D8.jpeg
49B7D6C6-19C5-486E-ADD5-4E39A63A87DF.jpeg

Reactions: QuanTim
Funny, just this morning I was looking at vinyl plates online and on YouTube - with the intention of maaaybe getting one. As I was looking, some vids came up of doing exactly what you've done it it sold me. I really didn't see the point of vinyl when this looks just as good (if not better?). Then you posted this pic and my car will be exact same colour and it just re-affirmed that this is definitely the way to go!

Can I ask a couple of question?
1. What tape did you use? I saw 3M on the vid but would like to be sure it'll definitely stick
2. How did you trim the back plinth? The vid showed a hacksaw so would be good to get confirmation if that's indeed the best way.

Awesome work and thanks for sharing the pics!
PS. Vinyl plates aren’t legal!

Reactions: MrMoonUK
It’s debatable.
That's the thing. I'd rather not have a debate at the side of the road or a £100 fine. The plates supplied by Tesla are good quality and look fine when mounted with some care, as other manufacturers do. The front plinth is the right shape for the convex & concave curves of the front bumper and doesn't look out of the ordinary, which is what you want with a number plate.

Try these plates. They’re amazing. You can design you own for the rear, with different “wallpaper” and borders etc. great company, plates are very well made with nice clear border all round, comes with quality 3M pads to stick straight in. And 100% legal as company registered with DVLA.
View attachment 786542View attachment 786543

These licence plates take away attention from the already beautiful Model 3 and its well-designed lines and make it look like a Tuk Tuk delivery vehicle. Why do you keep promoting them, they are ultra ugly

These licence plates take away attention from the already beautiful Model 3 and its well-designed lines and make it look like a Tuk Tuk delivery vehicle. Why do you keep promoting them, they are ultra ugly
I quite like these plates but they are rather expensive. I have seen many Tuk Tuks but never one that looks anything like this, perhaps you were just trying to be offensive? Personally, I try to follow the saying "If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing".

I quite like these plates but they are rather expensive. I have seen many Tuk Tuks but never one that looks anything like this, perhaps you were just trying to be offensive? Personally, I try to follow the saying "If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing".

Agree with your practice, totally, also i fully respect anyone's opinion that they look attractive, i don't share that opinion and withheld my opinion yet this guy continues promoting them and in many cases also goes out of his way defending them. I do think they make the vehicle which very nice lines look butt ugly. Such plates are designed purely for three vehicles, Aston Martins, Bentlys and the Range Rover where the plate area was designed and manufactured with curves hence a irregular-sized plate, the plate design being promoted irrespective of his and your opinion that is attractive in my opinion is not attractive and for some reason reminds me of a Tuk Tuk

Was chuffed to take delivery of my RWD (White/White/Aero) yesterday from Newcastle, having ordered it just over a month ago and originally expecting August delivery.

I had read everyone's experiences of the handover process but had no idea it was THAT quick. Signed on a tablet, showed my driver's license, picked up key, and back out the door I went. 3/4 minutes process max.

50% charge on delivery - which is a little rubbish but easy enough to get me home and plugged in.

Physically the car seemed fine, The only problem was the lack of any internet connection and an 'Out of data roaming area' error on the screen, so no sat nav or any phone connectivity.

The error didn't go away driving a few miles so returned to the service center and was advised to book it in for a service next week, which I wasn't so happy about. HOWEVER!.. when getting it home - connecting to wifi and performing the latest software update seemed to flush the error. So now it's perfect, and no service appointment is required :D

What a lovely car to drive. Autopilot feels a little less smooth than my ID3's adaptive cruise did but maybe that will just take some getting used to.

Now that I'm home and have nowhere to drive - I can't stop taking looking out the window to take a peak 😂

IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG

Agree with your practice, totally, also i fully respect anyone's opinion that they look attractive, i don't share that opinion and withheld my opinion yet this guy continues promoting them and in many cases also goes out of his way defending them. I do think they make the vehicle which very nice lines look butt ugly. Such plates are designed purely for three vehicles, Aston Martins, Bentlys and the Range Rover where the plate area was designed and manufactured with curves hence a irregular-sized plate, the plate design being promoted irrespective of his and your opinion that is attractive in my opinion is not attractive and for some reason reminds me of a Tuk Tuk
But we have established that they are legal👍

Reactions: jaksteruk
Was chuffed to take delivery of my RWD (White/White/Aero) yesterday from Newcastle, having ordered it just over a month ago and originally expecting August delivery.

I had read everyone's experiences of the handover process but had no idea it was THAT quick. Signed on a tablet, showed my driver's license, picked up key, and back out the door I went. 3/4 minutes process max.

50% charge on delivery - which is a little rubbish but easy enough to get me home and plugged in.

Physically the car seemed fine, The only problem was the lack of any internet connection and an 'Out of data roaming area' error on the screen, so no sat nav or any phone connectivity.

The error didn't go away driving a few miles so returned to the service center and was advised to book it in for a service next week, which I wasn't so happy about. HOWEVER!.. when getting it home - connecting to wifi and performing the latest software update seemed to flush the error. So now it's perfect, and no service appointment is required :D

What a lovely car to drive. Autopilot feels a little less smooth than my ID3's adaptive cruise did but maybe that will just take some getting used to.

Now that I'm home and have nowhere to drive - I can't stop taking looking out the window to take a peak 😂

View attachment 786229View attachment 786228View attachment 786568
Looks great. What kind of timeframe were you originally given of you don’t mind me asking? I’malso hoping to pick up for ok. Newcastle between May and June

Is there anyone here that's between 30-35 years of age living in london!?

I cant find decent car insurance -_-

Churchill quoted me £2200 o_O
Me! I’m either going to be 36 or 37 when delivered. I did a compare the market online thing the other day and was quoted RIDICULOUS amounts (more than what you were quoted).

I’m most likely going to ask Admiral (whom i’m currently with) to see what they can offer closer to the time. They’ve been hounding me for a bundle home and contents insurance to lower my rate so I might take them up on that if it’s going to be cheaper for the Tesla.

Reactions: DanielSon
To each their own. I’m going to just remove the bracket and stick them on to the plinth but if people want a funky shape and it’s within the law, I say go for it. I’ve seen so many ugly mods to Tesla’s over the years, an oddly shaped number plate barely makes me bat an eyelid. It makes the dude happy and that’s what life is about.

Reactions: CL65 and jaksteruk