Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a few things to report
- Firstly, I insured against the registration number on the final invoice. Don't do that, god knows why they include it, but it was the wrong one. Wait for a text
- Yesterday I was shitting bricks as the final 20k payment took 14 hours to process. So sometimes it just takes a while, and while that's happening you get texts about making sure you pay otherwise your booking will get cancelled.
- Wait times for Tesla delivery team are approximately 1.5 hours at present. End of year crunch...

Plus side, my charger is installed, and I seem all set for Tuesday at southampton

Morning people! Delivery day for me yesterday at Bluewater. Went as follows:

Arrived two hours early as the trains from London to Dartford were getting cancelled so I took the only one that wasn't delayed/cancelled! Turned up at the car park which was very well signed from Tesla (see pics). The whole section of that car park is FULL of Teslas, and also upstairs! Never seen so many in my life. I queued for around 5 minutes and one of the reps just asked for my driving licence and seconds later she had my key cards, told me where the car is and said enjoy! She didn't mind at all that I was 2 hours early. The car appeared immediately in my app but be aware! You need to go to the website and approve delivery before it fully completes in the app and shows up.

Found the car straight away, gave it a very quick check as it was a bit dark in there. Had 21% SOC which wasn't too bad but I was doing 70 miles to get home so I charged it up on the superchargers. A lot of people waiting to get on the chargers as soooo many people collecting! Just after I collected my keys though there was no queue and for about an hour it stayed that way so it seems they just get waves of people. Easy to jump on the SC when you get a spot available though and was nice to sit and work everything out. The SC are literally opposite the sign in desk. No issues with the car that I have seen, its perfect!

Drive home:

Believe it or not this was my first ever time driving the Model 3! It is incredible!!! Beyond all expectations. I am totally in love, easily the best car I have ever driven or owned. very quiet inside, has double glazed front windows. The ride is also extremely smooth and much softer that I thought which is nice. When I bought the car I thought it would never touch autopilot... on the way home though it calibrated itself within 15 mins and I tested it out. WOW!!! Its a game changer! I actually used it for a lot of the drive home. Also managed to average 144 wh/m on the way home which is insane efficiency.

Everything about this car is perfect, I am beyond happy!! I put all my accessories on straight away, metal pedals, spoiler, cupholder divider, screen protector, Tesla rubber mats. Just waiting for the V5 so I can swap my plates to vinyls. Will send pics once thats done. Stuck it on charge last night as they recommend charging to 100% overnight when you first get it home and I just sat and watched Super Bad on Netflix like a sado! haha

Thank you to all of you guys that have helped me on my Tesla journey and given all the invaluable advice. Can't wait for all of you to get your cars! Especially you @Snowy77 7 !!
tempImagetamANN.jpg
tempImage8CZ723.jpg
tempImageGQYFdb.jpg
B707FD3C-CF67-4F7D-B685-7BDB1951FC21.JPG
tempImage11cmci.jpg
tempImage38U7mc.jpg
tempImageOLkVg6.jpg
tempImageQ3VODp.jpg
tempImagem2Q4nv.jpg
tempImageWejruW.jpg

Arrived two hours early as the trains from London to Dartford were getting cancelled so I took the only one that wasn't delayed/cancelled! Turned up at the car park which was very well signed from Tesla (see pics). The whole section of that car park is FULL of Teslas, and also upstairs! Never seen so many in my life. I queued for around 5 minutes and one of the reps just asked for my driving licence and seconds later she had my key cards, told me where the car is and said enjoy! She didn't mind at all that I was 2 hours early. The car appeared immediately in my app but be aware! You need to go to the website and approve delivery before it fully completes in the app and shows up.

Found the car straight away, gave it a very quick check as it was a bit dark in there. Had 21% SOC which wasn't too bad but I was doing 70 miles to get home so I charged it up on the superchargers. A lot of people waiting to get on the chargers as soooo many people collecting! Just after I collected my keys though there was no queue and for about an hour it stayed that way so it seems they just get waves of people. Easy to jump on the SC when you get a spot available though and was nice to sit and work everything out. The SC are literally opposite the sign in desk. No issues with the car that I have seen, its perfect!

Drive home:

Believe it or not this was my first ever time driving the Model 3! It is incredible!!! Beyond all expectations. I am totally in love, easily the best car I have ever driven or owned. very quiet inside, has double glazed front windows. The ride is also extremely smooth and much softer that I thought which is nice. When I bought the car I thought it would never touch autopilot... on the way home though it calibrated itself within 15 mins and I tested it out. WOW!!! Its a game changer! I actually used it for a lot of the drive home. Also managed to average 144 wh/m on the way home which is insane efficiency.

Everything about this car is perfect, I am beyond happy!! I put all my accessories on straight away, metal pedals, spoiler, cupholder divider, screen protector, Tesla rubber mats. Just waiting for the V5 so I can swap my plates to vinyls. Will send pics once thats done. Stuck it on charge last night as they recommend charging to 100% overnight when you first get it home and I just sat and watched Super Bad on Netflix like a sado! haha

Thank you to all of you guys that have helped me on my Tesla journey and given all the invaluable advice. Can't wait for all of you to get your cars! Especially you @Snowy77 7 !!
View attachment 786041View attachment 786042View attachment 786043View attachment 786053View attachment 786054View attachment 786057View attachment 786058View attachment 786059View attachment 786060View attachment 786056
IMG_1212.PNG
tempImageWgwbrT.jpg
tempImagehXAuoz.jpg
E7063818-3629-4BBB-9F60-A8FAC420572B.JPG
tempImagedkKTc1.jpg
tempImagePk79m3.jpg
tempImageTrJ6ho.jpg
IMG_1232.PNG
tempImage3AzuV9.jpg
tempImagefqgjwN.jpg

How did you find the metal pedals install? I have that to do later today, I believe they recommend putting them in hot water first to soften the rubber?
An absolute b****!!! Brake pedal was ok but I had to put the accelerator in boiling water which helped a little. You just have to be persistent with them. Use a key or butter knife to pull the rubber lip round the back edge if it won’t go

please tell me you’ve settled on % for the display? miles always makes me twitch.

I’d like cup holder ‘raisers’ - I find the arm rest is too close to the cup holders for smaller english cups (not massive buckets of coffee) so you can’t easily reach it

Drive home:

View attachment 786041View attachment 786042View attachment 786043View attachment 786053View attachment 786054View attachment 786057View attachment 786058View attachment 786059View attachment 786060View attachment 786056
This is music to my ears, my car is there somewhere waiting for me! 😩 So many horror stories of collection, this is good to see someone with a positive experience!

Also, what speed did you drive to get 144 wh/m!!! If you were able to get that on a daily basis, if my maths is correct... (probably not but i'll embarass myself anyway!) that would give you a theoretical range of 399 Miles... If the M3 RWD could do that with every full charge, most people would move to EVs!

I know first 80% is fast but after that it slows right down and possibly takes same time to charge from 80%-100% as it did for 20%-80%. Is there reason to not charge it to 100% on supercharger? I’m getting LFP RWD so thought it shouldn’t be issue.
On any rapid charger, charging to 100% takes forever as will slow to 7kw for last few percent and it blocks a charger someone else might need, it’s all part of EV etiquette

Reactions: SaltyMod3
On any rapid charger, charging to 100% takes forever as will slow to 7kw for last few percent and it blocks a charger someone else might need, it’s all part of EV etiquette
I don’t mind it to take bit longer. From bjorns videos it was 1hr. In terms of blocking other chargers, I’m aware of etiquette even though not own EV just yet. I’m not expecting 15 superchargers to be full as I’m collecting first thing as they open. However, if for some reason other chargers are busy I’m not going to be sitting there and waiting whilst blocking others. I think even without etiquette it’s common sense.

Saying all that, I might be surprised and have my M3 charged since they have 15 superchargers there. Will see and report my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: greenbottle123
Post a pic when it’s done. I’m curious about this!
Front and rear number plates de-stacked. The front was easy because the plinth is smaller than the number plate, so I could just stick it on.
IMG_1365.jpeg

The rear took a bit more time because the plinth is larger than number plate, so I trimmed to down. Was impressed that it is screwed into some plastic inserts in the boot lid. Could have drilled through the plate and used these to mount it instead but preferred to stick it on to the plinth.
IMG_1366.jpeg

It's clear that the original double-stacked mounts are intended to make it as quick as possible to insert the number plate on delivery day, rather than aesthetics.

Last edited:
Ohh, that’s a great news. I was hoping for them to activate superchargers before end of March as it says Q1. I’m collecting on Tuesday so plan is to plug it in immediately to avoid issues with 12V battery calibration and also whilst supercharging I can check the car around properly. I took day off and was worried that if car is on low charge I will have to drive home and charge it for several hours before I can have a fun. But this changes everything. Hopefully charge to 100% will not take longer than 1hour and rest of the day I can drive it around 😃😃😃
The chargers are all individual so no sharing and drop in kWh. I was done in 45 mins. Straight onto the M60 right outside and home to Sheffield with big grin. Coincidentally I was in chesterfield and met another couple who picked up on same day. Wife says I’ve joined a cult I say just the Tesla family. You will love it..enjoy.

Reactions: SaltyMod3 and JanF1
This is music to my ears, my car is there somewhere waiting for me! 😩 So many horror stories of collection, this is good to see someone with a positive experience!

Also, what speed did you drive to get 144 wh/m!!! If you were able to get that on a daily basis, if my maths is correct... (probably not but i'll embarass myself anyway!) that would give you a theoretical range of 399 Miles... If the M3 RWD could do that with every full charge, most people would move to EVs!
Go into it with a positive and excited mindset and your car will be fine :)

I know insane efficiency! I’m doing a long drive tomorrow so I’ll let you know what that comes out at too. I was driving at between 65 - 75 which is slower than I would normally go but the car is lower than my last car so it feels faster. It is deffo a relaxing drive so you don’t really feel the need to speed along which of course helps the efficiency. I was going along smaller A roads after at between 30-50 depending on speed limits. One pedal driving helps a lot i feel. Not just the regen but more so the mentality of not being wasteful with your energy. Also gained 1% down a hill

An absolute b****!!! Brake pedal was ok but I had to put the accelerator in boiling water which helped a little. You just have to be persistent with them. Use a key or butter knife to pull the rubber lip round the back edge if it won’t go
Just done it myself now. Brake pedal was a doddle and pulled me into a false sense of security only for the accelerator pedal to cost me the end of multiple finger nails but all sorted now.

Reactions: dilly28