Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it's Tuesday and I've been checking my app (5+ times a day!) to see if there's been any update to my EDD given the lockdown news out of China. So far it's remaining at 22 May to 19 June so hoping it stays like that for the rest of the week!

Echoing others above, this waiting game is bloody HARD!

Reactions: JOL1
Thanks.

So pre-conditioning is really just setting the cabin to warm up and that also does the battery?

How much does that drain the battery as my charger is set to only do it 00:30 to 04:30 so if I start pre-conditioning at 06:30 to leave at 7 that will be draining the battery.

I don't own a Tesla yet, so the info I share is only from reading the manual/forum threads. Unfortunately, forum threads can be a minefield of opinion to navigate, which can be confusing.

Tesla (manual) recommends preconditioning before making a journey (when cold weather), this can be done in one of three ways:
  1. Climate > Turn on (via app)
  2. Climate > Defrost icon (via app)
  3. Scheduled Departure
All three options will preheat the cabin and the battery, and depending on who you listen to, it will either draw some of the power from your charger if plugged in, or it will take it from the battery. In Teslas 'Cold Weather Best Practises', they advise preconditioning 30-45 minutes before departure. Using the Scheduled Departure, will allow the Tesla to choose the best time to start the precondition, which may be a good option because there are many environmental variables.

Apparently, pre-heating LFP batteries is particularly important in cold weather because a cold battery will impact range and performance. Although there is nothing definitively stated in Teslas manual, some have speculated that range loss is due to:
  • Battery has more resistance when cold, range calculations may be out. And if you don't precondition before starting your journey, the battery has to work a little harder to warm the battery up as you drive (thus reducing range).
  • Less regenerative braking: This is actually in Teslas manual (in the Regenerative Braking section). Regenerative braking may be reduced if the battery is too cold. This will also affect range because you are putting less energy back into the battery through braking.
The Tesla manual does say this, however: A note on regenerative braking - a dashed line appears on the energy bar when power available for acceleration or power that can be gained by regenerative braking is being limited. Model 3 limits power for many reasons.
Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 08.47.36.png

Another tip given on Tesla's Winter Driving Tips page, is to use Chill mode when driving.

Yeah I had a couple of cracks at this. My conversation with Jack in webchat this week started with "you will need to cancel your existing order and buy the other car from the inventory". I asked him to transfer my order from the existing May/June to the available inventory car because there was a price delta and I had finance arranged. Jack was trying to help and said would check with his manager (I didn't go Karen on him and ask to speak to the Manager, he just needed the right approvals). In the end they agreed to "match" me to the alternative car (even though spec was slightly different due to colour) but I had to agree to collect it before Friday. If you can guarantee to pick up the car this week that might help sway one the managers looking to hit their Q1 delivery quota? Good luck with it, fingers crossed for you.

Nice. I have a similar experience for anyone that's wondering.

I had an existing order for May delivery. I ordered the same spec from inventory very quickly when it appeared.

I chatted on webchat and Jo said he only has power to match if I hadn't reserved it and said I should call up.

I called and was on wait for 1 hour to be told that I can't. (Knowing that's a lie, I called up again). Second time, 1 hour wait and managed to get through and the guy immediately matched the new car to the old RN but said I'd have to travel to collect the car which I said fine.

They deleted my newer order and I can see the title of my old order changed to "2022" keeping all my progress and invoices.

So my collection day has arrived 😃😃😃.
I’m trading my car and fuel level is on minimum with 55 miles range. 5 miles before it goes to red. So will not be too bothered if my Tesla is on low charge. However as I was driving to collection centre (which opens in 30 minutes) there were many Teslas plugged in on SCs. So they might be actually delivering them with higher charge level. Will find out soon. Fingers crossed all goes well without any hiccups.

Attachments

• 58EAD5B8-1EF7-41BF-9C21-3A4FB6273735.jpeg
    58EAD5B8-1EF7-41BF-9C21-3A4FB6273735.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 49
I’m trading my car and fuel level is on minimum with 55 miles range. 5 miles before it goes to red. So will not be too bothered if my Tesla is on low charge. However as I was driving to collection centre (which opens in 30 minutes) there were many Teslas plugged in on SCs. So they might be actually delivering them with higher charge level. Will find out soon. Fingers crossed all goes well without any hiccups.
Similar situation with the Leaf I am trading in. I didn't bother to charger it last night so there is about 25 miles of range left in it and I'm currently working at Salford Royal which is about 3 miles from the TC so I will be fine.

Well it's Tuesday and I've been checking my app (5+ times a day!) to see if there's been any update to my EDD given the lockdown news out of China. So far it's remaining at 22 May to 19 June so hoping it stays like that for the rest of the week!

Mine was identical, and then I got a delivery text last night for collection Thursday! Having to say no unfortunately, too many moving parts to sort out within 48hrs. Will wait patiently for the next one!

Mine was identical, and then I got a delivery text last night for collection Thursday! Having to say no unfortunately, too many moving parts to sort out within 48hrs. Will wait patiently for the next one!
Oh yikes! That must've come as a bit of a shock. As much as I want mine NOW, I will also need some time to sort things out (handing back the current lease car being the main thing). My ideal delivery date would be 1 May.

Hope you enjoy your delivery experience! Let us know how it goes and share some pics if you can :)

Oh yikes! That must've come as a bit of a shock. As much as I want mine NOW, I will also need some time to sort things out (handing back the current lease car being the main thing). My ideal delivery date would be 1 May.
Yes, clearly a cancellation. Would have loved to have taken it but its just not viable at this short notice. Expect to see a rwd/blue/white on the inventory later today!

So tried my luck and walked in 9:45am. Even though they are open from 10am. They said that collection of cars will start from 10:30 so can’t process before and asked me to go and get some coffee in Trafford Centre. I’m way too excited to walk away from Teslas and decided to walk around and check some Teslas. My plan to charge car as I’m checking it over will not be possible because all superchargers are full with cars charging. So if you collecting in Manchester you might be lucky and have nice charge level. There are many Teslas here. They have on site car wash so not sure how swirl marks will show.

Attachments

• F515B28C-C79A-4C3C-96CF-CF26C5D18727.jpeg
    F515B28C-C79A-4C3C-96CF-CF26C5D18727.jpeg
    706.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 48
So tried my luck and walked in 9:45am. Even though they are open from 10am. They said that collection of cars will start from 10:30 so can’t process before and asked me to go and get some coffee in Trafford Centre. I’m way too excited to walk away from Teslas and decided to walk around and check some Teslas. My plan to charge car as I’m checking it over will not be possible because all superchargers are full with cars charging. So if you collecting in Manchester you might be lucky and have nice charge level. There are many Teslas here. They have on site car wash so not sure how swirl marks will show.
Thanks for the update 🙂 I'm on my way for a pm collection. Hopefully mine is one of those on charge although I was looking forward to popping my supercharger cherry today 🤣

So washing process is very simple. They just jet wash car and then is dried with chamois cloth. No shampoo etc. So I guess there will still be swirl marks. I have seen quite a few Teslas with bird poo and dust. I have attached picture of tent with Cars ready for collection and cars lined up for car wash.

Correction: prewash with jet, then hand wash with shampoo, jet wash again and dried with chamois cloth. Group of people who clean the cars are from 🇨🇿 Czech Republic

Attachments

• 133A6008-44DD-471E-B1B5-F52550FB2CA7.jpeg
    133A6008-44DD-471E-B1B5-F52550FB2CA7.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 455EBE1C-FC1B-49F1-9CE6-32F3554BF78B.jpeg
    455EBE1C-FC1B-49F1-9CE6-32F3554BF78B.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 8B9B2D64-A70D-4BB8-B689-4416FFEF5A3C.jpeg
    8B9B2D64-A70D-4BB8-B689-4416FFEF5A3C.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
So washing process is very simple. They just jet wash car and then is dried with chamois cloth. No shampoo etc. So I guess there will still be swirl marks. I have seen quite a few Teslas with bird poo and dust. I have attached picture of tent with Cars ready for collection and cars lined up for car wash.
With all your undercover work they will be regretting not letting you collect early 😅

I was hoping to get my 1.30 collection as my midday meeting has been cancelled.

Is it possible for them not to wash your car?

More updates. I have spend 30 minutes walking around and trying to find any fault. I’m pleased to say that all is perfect. Boot alignment is great, however seen some other cars here with very bad boot alignment. So if you are unlucky one, book a service appointment because it needs sorting. Panel gaps are good, no chips, dents or scratches. SOC 79% so won’t be using supercharger today. Anyway it is busy as they are constantly charging cars for collection and swapping them. Mud guards are in a boot so just need to book service to get it installed. Many happy smiling faces of new owners around 😃😃😃

Attachments

• 4ADCBC33-8E15-47F3-B15E-62A0727A4057.jpeg
    4ADCBC33-8E15-47F3-B15E-62A0727A4057.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 076E83C4-3061-4071-9924-3D72A9895B3E.jpeg
    076E83C4-3061-4071-9924-3D72A9895B3E.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 43
  • FD439E5B-7FEF-4280-9744-EFC246032AFB.jpeg
    FD439E5B-7FEF-4280-9744-EFC246032AFB.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 22E19D56-A955-43DC-9CC0-C8D8CE0037F2.jpeg
    22E19D56-A955-43DC-9CC0-C8D8CE0037F2.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 59
  • E4796D68-21D7-49D2-93A0-F4C83B8CF32B.jpeg
    E4796D68-21D7-49D2-93A0-F4C83B8CF32B.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 40
  • F05CF5BF-A390-4390-B75C-3C372FDCBD78.jpeg
    F05CF5BF-A390-4390-B75C-3C372FDCBD78.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 39

I'm May 19 - June 16. I suspect (and hope) our cars will be boarding ships next month. Not too long to go now!

Reactions: QuanTim and Snowy77
I was hoping to get my 1.30 collection as my midday meeting has been cancelled.

Is it possible for them not to wash your car?
I wonder if you can specifically ask NOT to have your car washed when you agree to the pick up day in advance? It's not unreasonable as a request.. Please don't touch / wash my car, I'll do it when I get home! :)

To be honest, you're making it easier for them.....