Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to give you false hope but it would appear that it's people who had a May 22 date that got a VIN in Europe, so you never know...
Actually, it's that, you (and we) never know.. it will get there when it will get there... still hopeful they can bring a batch before the summer.. we'll see
Called up Tesla customer service today just to check on the expected timeline for delivery. They seem to be highly optimistic for June end delivery. Although surely, not many will buy in to what the customer service team have to say, given all the shipping updates we know at the moment from china. Hoping nevertheless that they have more information/insight than us/this forum basis which they are setting expectation with customers.

Fingers crossed! 🤞

My EDD has today reverted back to “May 2022”. Very disappointing. I know this means I won’t get a car this quarter.
I'd say don't give up just yet. No one knows if they're getting a car at the moment. Even if you're not matched to anything specific when VINs go out, keep an eye on inventory and snatch one of those. It's an extremely effective way to golden ticket a vehicle 😌

I'm getting sucked into the refresh button and checking this thread. Promised myself I would actually do work and not sit here F5'ing my Tesla account. Oh well. All that, and I'm still not seeing any sort of pattern or similar situation to mine. MYLR, Grey, 20", order 1st March, Delivery Bluewater. EDD has been sat on "May 2022" for a few weeks. Wasn't there a form that everyone filled in which gave us some stats?

I'm trying to be optimistic here and that if you have a May - July month placeholder, you are currently in a waiting state to see if Tesla can produce and ship enough cars to make it onto the next ship which is due to load shortly, and possibly another ship which may load and depart by Thursday.

If they think your config has been built and shipped, you may get an update. Otherwise it will fall back to Aug-Sep.

That is clearly my wishful thinking. But it does seem to match the pattern of those who have the popular configs i.e. 20" wheels and black interior that all moved from month placeholders to narrowed month end dates last week.

I'm trying to be optimistic here and that if you have a May - July month placeholder, you are currently in a waiting state to see if Tesla can produce and ship enough cars to make it onto the next ship which is due to load shortly, and possibly another ship which may load and depart by Thursday.

If they think your config has been built and shipped, you may get an update. Otherwise it will fall back to Aug-Sep.

That is clearly my wishful thinking. But it does seem to match the pattern of those who have the popular configs i.e. 20" wheels and black interior that all moved from month placeholders to narrowed month end dates last week.
I was under the impression people with month placeholders just had their original EDD. Has anyone got a May/June that didnt have it before the original end of June EDD changes?

I was under the impression people with month placeholders just had their original EDD. Has anyone got a May/June that didnt have it before the original end of June EDD changes?
Thats true but the way I see it is, if Tesla think there is a chance you will get your car this quarter, perhaps they are using the original EDD whilst they monitor production ramp up and export.

If you have an order date after a certain point for a certain config, they know more confidently you will be a Q3 car and are allocated an appropriate EDD of Aug-Sep which of course may change!

Thats true but the way I see it is, if Tesla think there is a chance you will get your car this quarter, perhaps they are using the original EDD whilst they monitor production ramp up and export.

If you have an order date after a certain point for a certain config, they know more confidently you will be a Q3 car and are allocated an appropriate EDD of Aug-Sep which of course may change!
My assumption (again purely based on my experience and this forum since April) is that you only get a narrowed date once there is a car matching your spec due on a ship, then narrowed again once a vin is assigned. It would however be logical that those with the earlier original EDD will be first in the queue.

Reactions: JOL1
My assumption (again purely based on my experience and this forum since April) is that you only get a narrowed date once there is a car matching your spec due on a ship, then narrowed again once a vin is assigned. It would however be logical that those with the earlier original EDD will be first in the queue.
Yes indeed, those who had the narrow dates likely have a car on the RCC Europe that departed the other day.

With 1 if not 2 more ships waiting to load, knowing we have RHD output, it is entirely possible placeholder customers are in the waiting pool as mentioned. This is hope, not fact.

Both nonsense I have had a narrowed date range of May and June which changed. All EDD’s are subject to frequent changes, if you’ve been reading the thread you would recognise that.

Pinning hopes on the EDD you’ve got without a VIN is setting yourself up for disappointment

Both nonsense I have had a narrowed date range of May and June which changed. All EDD’s are subject to frequent changes, if you’ve been reading the thread you would recognise that.

Pinning hopes on the EDD you’ve got without a VIN is setting yourself up for disappointment
Dont worry I've already been through it with a model s. I know exactly how it feels. I'm just naturally optimistic.

If you read the shipping thread you’ll also see that the “place holder” EDD’s in Romania have been receiving VIN’s for cars on GLOVIS SPLENDOR

Just spoke with Tesla re delivery of my base M3 ordered by Lex on Jan 16th to be told that no M3s have been built for any Q2 deliveries, only MYs have been built and I should not expect a car until the end of Q3 earliest and more likely Q4. Anyone ordered an M3 in Jan with a late June EDD yet?

Just spoke with Tesla re delivery of my base M3 ordered by Lex on Jan 16th to be told that no M3s have been built for any Q2 deliveries, only MYs have been built and I should not expect a car until the end of Q3 earliest and more likely Q4. Anyone ordered an M3 in Jan with a late June EDD yet?
Probably a fair chance whoever you spoke to are talking out of their arse and have no idea what the actual DD will be. You’re EDD will probably change to May tomorrow, then Feb 23 the next…

That is the nightmare scenario, that they have messed up, don't have my car, and have just bumped me to the back of the queue. I have cancelled my old order too which was November EDD after asking them to confirm they had this car and everything was correct!

Still hoping its not that and it is just some automated system updating the EDD incorrectly, but given how haphazard their support team seem to be I do fear the worst.

What would you do in my situation?

Update: They did mess up. :mad:My inventory car was registered to someone else, a large partner, (or something along those lines). In short it was a mistake and that car should never have gone up on inventory. So they just withdrew it from my account and bumped me to the back of the queue for a like for like new order (hence Jan-Mar 23). I even got an email with a new Order Agreement that I hadn't even agreed to!

The person I spoke to was very apologetic about it all. He did say something about trying to sort me out a replacement on one of the next shipments, but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I will push for it though obviously.

I guess the takeaway is be careful with the inventory and don't cancel your original order. They make mistakes and you could lose your place in the queue.

That car not the one from you signature?
This is a inventory car i will use then sell in a month or two

Im waiting for this one

Attachments

• 9B8C4E6C-4BB8-43DB-825E-EBEE09C34E3B.jpeg
    9B8C4E6C-4BB8-43DB-825E-EBEE09C34E3B.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: E_had
Update: They did mess up. :mad:My inventory car was registered to someone else, a large partner, (or something along those lines). In short it was a mistake and that car should never have gone up on inventory. So they just withdrew it from my account and bumped me to the back of the queue for a like for like new order (hence Jan-Mar 23). I even got an email with a new Order Agreement that I hadn't even agreed to!

The person I spoke to was very apologetic about it all. He did say something about trying to sort me out a replacement on one of the next shipments, but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I will push for it though obviously.

I guess the takeaway is be careful with the inventory and don't cancel your original order. They make mistakes and you could lose your place in the queue.

Paul, they are lying through their teeth, Tesla's are not registered until (1) they are delivered to a customer; (2) the customer signs an Confirmation of Acceptance of the vehicle. Without these two (2) actions, the vehicle does not get registered with DVLA. Only alternatives are: (1) they sold the vehicle to someone who either took legal action against them for some form of nonperformance; or (2) sold to someone who received preferential treatment for some reason or another; (3) the vehicle was already sold, delivered and accepted and registered, the buyer decided to reject the vehicle within 48-hours based on some issue(s) hence they placed the vehicle back into inventory, the buyer reversed their decision and kept the vehicle. Hard to tell which it was but if in your place would raise a big stink by writing an email to Tesla UK MD/CEO. You will then be taken care of. Paul look in your documents they sent you when you purchased the inventory vehicle and see if they had assigned a DVLA reg number, if so what was it. It easy enough to see what date exactly it was registered.