Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, M3 Performance Black/black, ordered early March. ETA updated to Aug 14 - Sep 3. No VIN allocated, but found this in source code? @Mr Miserable is this a valid VIN number: LRW3E7EL9NC604370. My Tesla advisor says it can be changed any time..
It's a valid VIN. Until Tesla advises you of VIN it can be changed but the reality is that this rarely happens unless a very good reason e.g car damaged in transit . You should take comfort that a specific completed car has been allocated to you. Notification from Tesla is a formality. See below for what the components of VIN mean for your specific car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 12.37.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 12.37.38.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: XHabjab
Did anyone nows what means “vin has changed “
EDD 9-23.8 in Finland and i don’t get yet any calls form tesla for a delivery day
This is saying the VIN hasn't changed ("vinHasChanged": false). I'd recommend not trying to divine special meaning from the JSON Tesla uses to store data.

You have a VIN which is a good sign. Tesla will call when they have a solid date for you.

This thread is for tracking shipping movements so your question is a bit off topic anyway.

I could only dream. I called support and was told I should see something update in my account in the next 2-3 weeks if not then it will be next quarter. I could have worked that out myself haha.
It was a bit weird really as I assumed they were calling to arrange the collection date but nope. Just to check I am ready for between the 4th - 30th September (Same as EDD). Seemed like he was was tasked with calling loads as he was desperate to get off the line but I kept asking questions.

Likewise, I have Red, Black, 20, and same EDD but no VIN. Also seeing people who ordered in June and July getting VINs in UK is very frustrating.. I wish Tesla would get this shipping sorted so people can make proper arrangements.
I agree with this, very frustrating, difficult to understand exactly how this works, seems luck is as useful as logic, maybe more so. I'm disabled, when mine arrives I need to have hand controls fitted. Although the company is the UK's leading disability fitting supplier/fitter, they haven't done a MY before. Plenty of M3's but apparently they are different. Prototyping will take a week. :(
I think this is bordering on what it must be like to be locked up, away from your wife/girlfriend/partner and your release date is forever tbc.

It was a bit weird really as I assumed they were calling to arrange the collection date but nope. Just to check I am ready for between the 4th - 30th September (Same as EDD). Seemed like he was was tasked with calling loads as he was desperate to get off the line but I kept asking questions.
Seems promising. According to Frizzy DB, you have same spec and pick-up location as me. What was your exact order date?

Yes just had a call from Tesla they told me delivery date 12th September at the NEC as requested. Order date 23rd March,MY white/black/19".also had 4th-30 EDD, so they might call you again shortly

Reactions: adambg
It is really weird. My guess would be, they could be fishing for a hint of hesitation or any indication that you may be willing to accept further delay for whatever reason, to prioritise someone else. Furthermore, they were checking this via sms in the past anyway?? I have a late April SMS received for June delivery (never happened) checking my readiness etc…so, it doesn’t make sense unless it is more cost effective to call people one by one for the same reason ☺️It is a mystery…I am still on standby for MY 4-30 Sep EDD

Reactions: Daedalus
It is really weird. My guess would be, they could be fishing for a hint of hesitation or any indication that you may be willing to accept further delay for whatever reason, to prioritise someone else. Furthermore, they were checking this via sms in the past anyway?? I have a late April SMS received for June delivery (never happened) checking my readiness etc…so, it doesn’t make sense unless it is more cost effective to call people one by one for the same reason ☺️It is a mystery…I am still on standby for MY 4-30 Sep EDD
I really thought it was the moment I had been waiting for, I guess its a positive sign either way though so I just have to stay patient

Reactions: Benotomy