Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an SMS from Tesla to pick my delivery date for my Model Y red/white in Drammen, Norway. Delivery august 31. Do you know which ship it will come from Zebrugge?
Me, the next day🥳

Attachments

• 91E19774-A80C-4025-9AFA-AA2B6A8C2332.jpeg
    91E19774-A80C-4025-9AFA-AA2B6A8C2332.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Edward Mango
I am. really weirded out by the whole Tesla buying experience. I ordered my Model Y on Good Friday. It gave me a June EDD which in all fairness, I never expected. Since then, I pretty much been 26/8-25/9. Because I have M.S, I need hand controls fitted and because the people that do this for me, haven't done a MY previously, they need it to be booked in. With that in mind, I've regularly called Tesla, spoken to multiple advisors, they all tell me early/mid September and that they are very confident about this. I have tried the VIN checker, even 5 minutes ago, still no VIN apparent.
Now the next bit to this, my son has just called me, his company are looking to use Octopus and offer a salary sacrifice thing. It looks great for him, actually both of my sons work there, so great for both. My eldest is looking at an m3 SR or whatever it is these days, basically the lowest on the list. Octopus have told him, 3 weeks delivery. that is great, they must have a lot of unregistered M3's, they will be, as you'd expect, brand new, newly registered cars etc. No restriction on colour or whatever. Other interesting anomaly, Honda E is a similar cost and a Porsche Taycan is cheaper than a BMW IX.
Thanks interesting to know and the lease prices seem very high compared to Zen Auto. Take a look at their Model Y stock cars their slowly going down.

Thanks interesting to know and the lease prices seem very high compared to Zen Auto. Take a look at their Model Y stock cars their slowly going down.
Thanks, I was actually thinking of your Tesla order when I wrote that bit. I was surprised to say the least about it but I suppose, not shocked, no point offering anything if you have to rely on (for example) Tesla to keep you covered order by order. I can see the discussion now, "You'd like a M3 sir." "Yes please, blue, black interior, standard wheels please." "Ok, let me check on delivery, well accord to Tesla, anywhere from next week to December 2023, how does that suit you?"
I know the world is in an odd place,, cars are really odd right now and things should steadily improve. It isn't just Tesla, I was in BMW the day I ordered my MY, they said no new orders for about 12 months. VW group are apparently sold out until the end of 2023. Doesn't make for a nice feeling, certainly doesn't help either of us, nor others in a similar position, you seem to have had a tougher than most time and you have my best wishes for a speedy outcome.

Interesting bit of news, I have just had a txt from Tesla to arrange delivery on the 15th sept - MYLR, black, black 20”. I didn’t receive a vin during the Glovis Companion flurry a week or so ago, seems pretty odd as I was starting to pin my hopes on another ship before quarter end. Are we seeing any UK bound VIN activity currently as I haven’t seen anything on the forum?
Exactly the same for me may I ask what’s you vin numbers 4xxxxx

Thanks, I was actually thinking of your Tesla order when I wrote that bit. I was surprised to say the least about it but I suppose, not shocked, no point offering anything if you have to rely on (for example) Tesla to keep you covered order by order. I can see the discussion now, "You'd like a M3 sir." "Yes please, blue, black interior, standard wheels please." "Ok, let me check on delivery, well accord to Tesla, anywhere from next week to December 2023, how does that suit you?"
I know the world is in an odd place,, cars are really odd right now and things should steadily improve. It isn't just Tesla, I was in BMW the day I ordered my MY, they said no new orders for about 12 months. VW group are apparently sold out until the end of 2023. Doesn't make for a nice feeling, certainly doesn't help either of us, nor others in a similar position, you seem to have had a tougher than most time and you have my best wishes for a speedy outcome.
Thank you for your kind words and we do forget everyone is in the same boat and many are still trying to source cars and luckily we went with a Tesla that seem to be in a much better position. Your car will turn up very soon going by the latest drone footage. Enjoy.

Reactions: Edward Mango
I’m 423xxx with Tesla text this Wednesday, so is it though challenge or the likely ship? Not companion, thanks
Sorry my mistake. I meant Companion not Challenge. Those names are confusing.
A lot of 423x were assigned from Companion last week. So you've received, without a doubt, a cancellation today Your car is onboard Companion (same as me).

Challenge is not yet confirmed for the UK, and the VINs should be >=430 when we'll get to see the first allocations

I don't have a delivery date on my Final Invoice!? Also, the delivery address says my home address, I was expecting to pick up from Staines.
Do your invoices have delivery addresses of pick up location or home address?
So I got in touch with a TA and confirmed the delivery date on the invoice is wrong, and they're going to reissue another invoice to me.
I follow up and ask if this will affect delivery, the TA hung up on me and ended the chat, I'm pissed.

Ho visto un ragazzo fortunato che ha ordinato la sua M3 RWD a giugno e che riceverà la consegna ad agosto. Qualche altro ordine privato con le consegne prenotate per settembre con auto a noleggio ordinate nel primo trimestre in scadenza nel quarto trimestre.
Non è giusto. Ho ordinato il mio il 3 gennaio e forse ho la consegna tra il 22 e il 30 settembre e non ho ancora un vin

If no more departures from Shanghai (unless Glovis sun can oblige by Monday evening) then it’s just 2 or 3 more sleeps to last UK VIN day for Q3. With VINs now nudging into 1st week April, end April/early May ODs will be nervously waiting. Mid April ODs can chill as indications point to more UK arrivals. As my EDD has been stuck for ever, I don’t expect to be the bellwether on Mon/Tues. Let us know if crazy EDD changes occur like last VIN day so we can all go VIN diving. 🚘 🎷 🎶