Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been tons of messages on this subject - answer is unequivocal no but some mavericks feel the urge to select yes and risk losing cover on a £60k car. Answer is NO
I disagree - there's a whole thread on Trackers and lots of people have been told by their insurers that it does suffice.

I disagree - there's a whole thread on Trackers and lots of people have been told by their insurers that it does suffice.

groundhog day...this has been discussed at length over the last days ...best if everyone forms their own view as otherwise we go around in continuous circles

Reactions: EV-Head and MYless
Does anyone know how easy it is to change deliver dates? There is a very, very small chance I will need to be out of the country/flying on my booked delivery date. Could I phone Tesla and push it back a couple of days (still in the quarter)?

I was told it was 7 days - my delivery date was whilst i was on holiday and ended up picking the car up the day after I returned

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get higher selling price than the initial valuation those companies give you at the start of the process? When I had a chat with Carwow earlier this week it sounded as if they kind of put a cap (initial valuation range online) on the final selling price which then drives the offers you get from dealers…
I got my Tesla trade in price (for my existing Model Y, a March 22 car) about 4 weeks before my delivery date. I would have preferred to trade with Tesla as it makes the whole car swap experience so simple. Drive up in Car A drive away in Car B. Tesla offered me £3k less than I am paying for the new car.

I checked the valuation on WBAC (very easy and quick), they offered £2k more than the price of the new car. So I would make a profit from swapping in a car with nine thousand miles and driving away in a new one 👍

I then tried Motorway. Well organised but more of a faff than WBAC. It went into their auction and I was offered an extra £2k over the WBAC price, so now I would be £4k up on the deal.

With Motorway you don’t see who is buying your car until you accept the offer and I was a bit nervous it would be an unknown outfit from the other end of the country.

So I drove over to WBAC and asked if they would up their offer. They checked over my car with a brief walk around (it hasn’t been washed etc), declared it in mint condition and matched the Motorway price. I sold it to them there and then.

So now I have no car for a while and I’m typing this on the train, but I will be getting a new Model Y and a £4k profit, so I can live with it.😎

Does anyone know how easy it is to change deliver dates? There is a very, very small chance I will need to be out of the country/flying on my booked delivery date. Could I phone Tesla and push it back a couple of days (still in the quarter)?
It is reasonably straight forward. A phone call was all it took for me. They cannot always bring it forward (i.e. the car is not on site yet) and they cannot push back past the end of quarter, but moving it a day either way should be OK (as long as they have slots available). Give them a call is the easiest way to know for sure. ;)

Ah finding this forum may not get me my MY any faster but it definitely gave me something more interesting to engage with than the SEPT-NOV 22 estimate I've been looking at for months!

I'm getting the car through a salary sacrifice scheme with Octopus - was very much hoping for an imminent delivery date but just got this through:
"I did have a look on the Tesla portal and can see the vehicle hasn't been assigned a VIN just yet so seems like it's not in the most recent shipment to the UK for September. I'm sorry about that! However, on the Tesla report the estimated date for your order is November and as usually Tesla schedules delivery for the end of the month, it should hopefully be around that time. I will let you know if there's any further updates or changes but for now November is looking likely"

😭

Have you tried WBAC, Motorway and Carwow as alternatives? I beat the estimated values by a couple of k when advertising through motorway and carwow. Remarkably hassle free. Sold through motorway in the end.
Yes same here. Delivery booked in for 27 Sept
I'm planning to get quotes from all of them, but I wanted to see what Tesla are offering first. I've only got the one car so wouldn't be able to trade separately until after I've picked up the new car. Do you know how long the offers WBAC, Motorway etc make are valid for? Is it a question of doing the exercise once to get an idea, then again after delivery of the new car?

Have you tried WBAC, Motorway and Carwow as alternatives? I beat the estimated values by a couple of k when advertising through motorway and carwow. Remarkably hassle free. Sold through motorway in the end.
100% for Motorway. Just (this afternoon) sold through them and got £3.5k more than Tesla trade in and £3k more than WBAC. Was a simple enough process although uploading photos via the app was a PITA.

I'm planning to get quotes from all of them, but I wanted to see what Tesla are offering first. I've only got the one car so wouldn't be able to trade separately until after I've picked up the new car. Do you know how long the offers WBAC, Motorway etc make are valid for? Is it a question of doing the exercise once to get an idea, then again after delivery of the new car?
WBAC lasts 4 days. Motorway is a bit different, once you have an offer they nudge you to accept it straightaway.

WBAC lasts 4 days. Motorway is a bit different, once you have an offer they nudge you to accept it straightaway.
With Motorway you / they set a reserve you’re happy to accept offers above and then they ‘auction’ your car the following day until 3pm (you can’t watch this - which would have been fun). Motorway then email you the highest offer just after 3pm. I made it very clear to them on the phone and in emails that I wanted reassurances that I was not committed to selling even if the offer was above the reserve and they said that it was fine and I was only committed to sell once / if I accept the final offer after the auction ends. Because of how they work (as basically the middle man between you and competing dealers) you then have to accept the offer within 24hrs or the dealer has the right to withdraw - which is fair enough, as they at the point of winning the auction have committed to buying at a specific price and therefore have money tied up in your car.

It’s only my personal experience (contacted Motorway on Thursday, auction was Friday, accepted offer straight away, dealer contacted me Sunday to arrange collection today, today dealer collected car once payment had cleared into my account and DVLA had been informed) but it was very easy and got me the best price compared to trade in, WBAC and Carwow.

I got my reg today, and due to collect on the 24th of September.
Was this via Tesla text / email or did you have to ask for it? I collect on 29th but apart from arranging the collection have had nothing other than an invoice and pay up now son! Need to sort out my insurance as doing it online somehow DirectLine reduces my premium by £13 for moving from a 21’LR to a 22’M3P - but I can’t accept until I put a reg no in!

I think I can see my car peeking out of those holes !!!

1661967737169.png