Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Could you point me to it in the manual as might be a new update or in the full self driving package. Thanks.

From the manual link I posted and searching for 'camera'...

"Whenever you shift into Reverse, the touchscreen displays the view from the camera. Lines show your driving path based on the position of the steering wheel. These lines adjust as you move the steering wheel.

Model 3 also displays images from the side cameras (if equipped). Simply swipe up or down to hide or show the side camera views"

So no top down 360, no.

"Whenever you shift into Reverse, the touchscreen displays the view from the camera. Lines show your driving path based on the position of the steering wheel. These lines adjust as you move the steering wheel.

Model 3 also displays images from the side cameras (if equipped). Simply swipe up or down to hide or show the side camera views"

So no top down 360, no.
Interesting this fellow is saying it does. Who's right then.

The car is big to me and my last car was brilliant having the 360 view and just wondering if the cameras give the same?
I can only speak for the Model 3 since I don't have a Model Y, but they will share the same principle. You can set it so that when you select reverse, it will show you the rear camera and side cameras in addition to a birdseye view of the car with respect to parking sensors. It's more than adequate for safely maneuvering the car in and out of parking spaces.

Model 3 (RWD/ MSM / Black Interior / 18" Aeros)
2nd Nov
Ordered (on hold until Jan 10th), 7th Feb EDD range 3rd - 17th March, VIN in page source
8th Feb "Vehicle is on its way", 15th Feb Final Invoice & Delivery date set, 12th March Collected

Just a bit of intel for anyone getting finance through a third-party.

My finance provider requested the invoice be raised to them (not a problem, the original one in March was) but then latterly said that they actually needed an invoice for the specific amount being financed after my deposit.

Tesla advised me today over the phone that I would need to pay the deposit to them direct so they could invoice for the balance (which I duly did). Subsequently this afternoon I’ve been told the exact opposite - i.e that Tesla would have expected me to pay the deposit to the funder and they would expect to invoice the whole amount to the financer.

My guess is that this is two major companies both trying to shift administrative burden, and Tesla has now sent an invoice deducting the deposit but thought I’d share as a cautionary tale. If you can pay the deposit to the lender - it’s probably the path of least resistance and potential cockups!

Interesting this fellow is saying it does. Who's right then.

I can only speak for the Model 3 since I don't have a Model Y, but they will share the same principle. You can set it so that when you select reverse, it will show you the rear camera and side cameras in addition to a birdseye view of the car with respect to parking sensors. It's more than adequate for safely maneuvering the car in and out of parking spaces.

Model 3 (RWD/ MSM / Black Interior / 18" Aeros)
2nd Nov
Ordered (on hold until Jan 10th), 7th Feb EDD range 3rd - 17th March, VIN in page source
8th Feb "Vehicle is on its way", 15th Feb Final Invoice & Delivery date set, 12th March Collected
If you read why I said carefully, I said 360 view with respect to parking sensors, not cameras.

So no top down 360, no.
If you must know then use this resource. BMW X3 2010-2014 vs. Tesla Model Y 2021-present
Thank you Interesting to see one next to another and would you say it’s a larger SUV?

• Disagree
Reactions: JOL1 and James7C2
This thread seems to have taken a pessimistic turn at times, which is understandable, so thought I’d share my experience of owning a model 3 for a month now.

Just before I ordered back in March, I was torn between a model 3 and an iPace. I preferred the looks of the iPace (inside and out), and I wasn’t convinced by the minimalism of the model 3 interior. Ultimately, my decision to choose Tesla over Jaguar was pragmatic - better tech, better charging network. When I test drove the model 3, I wasn’t in awe, but I liked it enough to pull the trigger.

Now after spending a month in the car, it’s glorious, my affection for it grows daily. The cabin is a lovely place to be. Any concerns I had for it’s ultra-minimism have been replaced by a feeling of appreciation when driving it. One thing that strikes me is the ride quality, it’s much smoother than I remember from the test drive. It absorbs imperfections in the road well, and feels very solid at cruising speeds. And the comfort of the seats - much better than the previous BMW I had, long journeys are a joy. As many have said before me, this is a very special car.

Wishing you all a similar experience when you pick up your cars - hopefully not long to go.

This thread seems to have taken a pessimistic turn at times, which is understandable, so thought I’d share my experience of owning a model 3 for a month now.

Just before I ordered back in March, I was torn between a model 3 and an iPace. I preferred the looks of the iPace (inside and out), and I wasn’t convinced by the minimalism of the model 3 interior. Ultimately, my decision to choose Tesla over Jaguar was pragmatic - better tech, better charging network. When I test drove the model 3, I wasn’t in awe, but I liked it enough to pull the trigger.

Now after spending a month in the car, it’s glorious, my affection for it grows daily. The cabin is a lovely place to be. Any concerns I had for it’s ultra-minimism have been replaced by a feeling of appreciation when driving it. One thing that strikes me is the ride quality, it’s much smoother than I remember from the test drive. It absorbs imperfections in the road well, and feels very solid at cruising speeds. And the comfort of the seats - much better than the previous BMW I had, long journeys are a joy. As many have said before me, this is a very special car.

Wishing you all a similar experience when you pick up your cars - hopefully not long to go.
Thank you not driven the car and even though the M3 design is 5 years old the car still looks new and best part is Tesla’s are so different inside. Expect it will be a classic one day. Enjoy your driving.

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2

Thank you for this. I've been feeling a bit pessimistic reading about poor service, high insurance and electricity costs etc etc. It's hard to remind myself that most people order the car, are satisfied and don't go online to talk about it. Its also hard to remember how I felt driving the Y on the test drive. But I know Mrs. McChimp and I both felt the same way (We both loved the minimalism of the interior BTW).

My father in law just got the Maserati levante PIH. And whilst it's a lovely car it made me look forward to getting the Y.

So thanks again for keeping my spirits up!

Thank you for this. I've been feeling a bit pessimistic reading about poor service, high insurance and electricity costs etc etc. It's hard to remind myself that most people order the car, are satisfied and don't go online to talk about it. Its also hard to remember how I felt driving the Y on the test drive. But I know Mrs. McChimp and I both felt the same way (We both loved the minimalism of the interior BTW).

My father in law just got the Maserati levante PIH. And whilst it's a lovely car it made me look forward to getting the Y.

No problem at all :) Funny old world we live in at the moment. While some can comfortably afford a Tesla, for others it's a stretch - but a stretch worth making. Fingers crossed we have an announcement today that will help alleviate some energy cost worries. And it should be mentioned that even with higher charging costs for Tesla's, it does make financial sense to own one in the long run. The depreciation on these things is ridiculous. There is a very good chance your car will be worth the same in 4 years, leaving you with a sizeable deposit for your next car (or cash in the bank). A Tesla is an investment.

Correction. The Maserati isn't plug in at all. It's just a hybrid. Nice car though!