Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No wish to argue and I accept that it may still have been showing on the UK site. I ordered on April 29th here in France in the knowledge that I would not have the connector. That is irrefutable.
It is only this week that Tesla are now not providing MC for European orders - whether they honour existing orders remains to be seen but I would expect so.

The change in April was just for the US.

No problem at all :) Funny old world we live in at the moment. While some can comfortably afford a Tesla, for others it's a stretch - but a stretch worth making. Fingers crossed we have an announcement today that will help alleviate some energy cost worries. And it should be mentioned that even with higher charging costs for Tesla's, it does make financial sense to own one in the long run. The depreciation on these things is ridiculous. There is a very good chance your car will be worth the same in 4 years, leaving you with a sizeable deposit for your next car (or cash in the bank). A Tesla is an investment.
Was watching a car expert saying the second hand maket may crash or at least go down as most are not changing their cars and with high costs their not selling many cars.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricPolice
When I checked on standard insurance today one of the comparison websites suggested the value of MYLR was £64,500 so perhaps you are right that gap isn’t needed. I’ve never ever had it before.
Always had Gap insurance as such a small extra amount compared to our life’s being destroyed by the finance of a car being written off as it seems Tesla ask for the battery to be replaced when a flimsy pipe snaps off the coolant system.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricPolice
Was watching a car expert saying the second hand maket may crash or at least go down as most are not changing their cars and with high costs their not selling many cars.

The figures can be a little deceiving because if you look at the raw numbers (how many sold), then it's easy to make the assumption the market is in decline, when in fact there is quite a lot of demand but fewer used cars on the market. The average used price has risen nearly 16% over the past year (these kind of prices rises only usually happen when there is significant demand). Generally, most industry experts think used prices will remain strong for the following reasons:
  • 1.2 million fewer new cars made in last 2 years, due to parts shortages. Demand for new cars is still high, with long waiting lists for nearly every manufacturer. This means the used market has seen fewer cars enter the market, as new buyers usually trade in or sell when they buy new.
  • There has been a reported dip in overall demand in the used market - the cost of living crisis doesn't help. But we're in unprecedented territory, because we have lower demand and supply issues at the same time, so they balance each other out.
  • There are still over 500,000 people waiting for a driving test (covid backlog). This has impacted buying numbers.
Used prices are predicted to normalise in the future, but the supply issue needs (new cars) to be resolved first. No signs of that happening any time soon.

For a lease order I'm wondering if any have spoken to the Tesla team and said don't worry we will pick the car up and then suddenly a car is found and your brought forward. As we known it seems lease cars have extra delay with possibly being in a queue for delivery. Zen Auto now saying home delivery is arranged by Tesla.

If your car is written off in 2025 then your insurance company has to give you market value to replace it, so you can purchase a 3 year old replacement.

GAP insurance was originally there to cover early negative equity on a loan where the repayments didn't cover the initial high depreciation and therefore in a write off your insurance payout wouldn't cover the amount to settle the loan.

Now it seems people want to use it as a New for Old insurance policy.
Yes, they want to sell a new for old insurance policy. It’s not the old dealer style GAP insurance that you refer to.

How accurate are the website delivery timescales? I have ordered a M3P red last week. Dec-feb est del.
The EDD is only an estimate and as the projected queue for production from China updates it moves around constantly sometimes by 3 months or over time, even more. This thread is a record of the angst that can cause. It’s best not to take any EDD or its movement too seriously. Doing so can lead to ESS (EDD Shift Syndrome) with side effects including checking your EDD every 5 minutes, marital stress, and loss of interest in other aspects of life 😉

However for your premium model it usually gets priority in the queue and will stay shorter than lower spec versions. If you explore this thread you will discover the endless variations in this theme. You can also check out the Frizzy database with a record of many orders and their current EDD.

Deliveries are made to meet Teslas quarterly targets. This means almost all cars are delivered in the last 6 weeks of a quarter, so you may get your car in December, or mid Feb to Mar, If that gets put back the next delivery window would be mid May to June. Despite the date range they gave you, a January car wont happen unless its a cancellation of someone’s Dec M3P.

Reactions: M3UK and Toblerone
How accurate are the website delivery timescales? I have ordered a M3P red last week. Dec-feb est del.
Based on my MY recent experience so far, simple answer is that it was not accurate at all because the timescales (EDD windows) themselves shifted, I lost count but I think more than 5-6 times. This was due to the Shutdowns/improvements in GF Shanghai, Covid and various other global issues.TBH, now looking back - in the current global climate I am not even sure if it is fair to expect accuracy. Despite all that I think Tesla could and should address the communication of these impacts and the EDD accuracy - there is definitely room for improvement and they are capable to do so in my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
My signature tells a sad tale of EDDs past, with the finish line now finally in sight next Thursday.

You may get lucky and avoid the Shanghai Covid lockdowns etc which have affected my timeline, but I wouldn’t make any life plans based on an EDD!

Just had a look on Tesla website and for your spec it currently says Dec- Feb. So either a Q4 or Q1 delivery.

Assuming coming from Shanghai ( I think Germany only producing MYs) and due to the way that Tesla manages the production/ shipping schedules, for Q4 you would most likely be looking at mid Nov to end Dec for delivery. And for Q1 you would be looking at mid Feb to end March.

There is one major caveat- If Covid lockdowns close down the production line then these BAU assumptions could be blown out of the water.

Ignoring any possible Covid disruption, If it was me I would hope for a Q4 delivery but plan for a Q1 delivery.

I wouldn't waste your energy. He consistently dunks on the MY for attention. 100% a troll who may have buyers remorse and wants others to feel the same about their purchase.

What is wrong with having buyer's remorse and taking his precious valuable time warning others so a few who may not be ignorant or who are open-minded to be warned of any inconsistencies, false advertising or plain enthusiastic blind purchasing of a product with their hard-earned money. You can ignore his comments like many others do versus insulting him