Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the first 3 digits of the last 6 of your VIN?
If they are in the range 444-448 your car is probably on Glovis Sunrise which is only a few hours away from arriving at Southampton.

My Model Y delivery is the 23rd (suggesting Sunrise) and my VIN is 456, so your upper suggestion may be an underestimate of the range of VINs.

I guess the batch numbers of Model 3’s and Model Y will be different, so possible to have Model Y in the 400’s and Model 3 in the 600’s.

This is the truth! Bump 1 set of people 8 days down the road rather that 8 sets of people 1 day.

The sacrifice of the few for the good of the many.

It’s also not Teslas fault so I don’t think it fair for people to be soured by this event. Even Centre Parcs is physically evicting all it’s guests for 1 day rather than letting them stay on the Parc. For some people this is mid holiday and they have no where to go for 24 hours.
I have been bumped one day.. next Tuesday to Wednesday.. does that mean my car has just arrived on Glovis Sunrise or been here some time? Either way happy its not been put back further I ordered March 11th

Hi, M3P ordered 14/6, delivery date confirmed for 30/9 and invoice sent to pay for it.

however received no VIN....no hidden VIN either.

thinking its a cancellation but still surely should have a VIN?

Should I hold off before paying or has anyone else experienced that?

Thanks
Mat

Hi All, This is my first post and I’m hoping to get a bit of an insight into the likely delivery of my M3LR from those with an understanding of build and shipping schedules as everything seems to be taking an awfully long time and things are starting to get a bit desperate. I ordered my car on 12 March in red with a white interior, aero wheels and a tow bar which was initially supposed to arrive in June/July but is now showing as 13 November to 28 December. I understand that shipping takes about 2 months so if my car isn’t on a ship that’s already on its way or is about to set off in the next few days then I assume any hope of a November delivery is out of the question. If that’s the case does anyone know when the next ship is scheduled to leave for the UK as if that’s not by the end of October then I won’t see my car until 2023 which gives me a real problem as I’m out of the country between January and March which would make collection a bit tricky. It does seem that production has been focused on the MY and from what I can see is currently focused on the Chinese market so any insight into the process would be most welcome.

Hi All, This is my first post and I’m hoping to get a bit of an insight into the likely delivery of my M3LR from those with an understanding of build and shipping schedules as everything seems to be taking an awfully long time and things are starting to get a bit desperate. I ordered my car on 12 March in red with a white interior, aero wheels and a tow bar which was initially supposed to arrive in June/July but is now showing as 13 November to 28 December. I understand that shipping takes about 2 months so if my car isn’t on a ship that’s already on its way or is about to set off in the next few days then I assume any hope of a November delivery is out of the question. If that’s the case does anyone know when the next ship is scheduled to leave for the UK as if that’s not by the end of October then I won’t see my car until 2023 which gives me a real problem as I’m out of the country between January and March which would make collection a bit tricky. It does seem that production has been focused on the MY and from what I can see is currently focused on the Chinese market so any insight into the process would be most welcome.
Welcome. It actually takes about 4 weeks for the ship transit from Shanghai to Southampton. So October- November is when you should start the frantic Vin checking.

You can also follow Mr Miserables updates on the shipping thread to try and track ships as they depart China and make its way to Europe. VINs appear anywhere from leaving Shanghai to before the Suez canal 2022 Shipping Movements

Reactions: James7C2
Welcome. It actually takes about 4 weeks for the ship transit from Shanghai to Southampton. So October- November is when you should start the frantic Vin checking.

You can also follow Mr Miserables updates on the shipping thread to try and track ships as they depart China and make its way to Europe. VINs appear anywhere from leaving Shanghai to before the Suez canal 2022 Shipping Movements
Thanks for that, it’s good to know that the shipping is much faster than I thought. On the VIN number, I didn’t realise I had to check my account I assumed I would be sent an email advice but I’ll look a bit more closely now.

Hi, M3P ordered 14/6, delivery date confirmed for 30/9 and invoice sent to pay for it.

however received no VIN....no hidden VIN either.

thinking its a cancellation but still surely should have a VIN?

Should I hold off before paying or has anyone else experienced that?

Thanks
Mat
Yes, you should hold off. In the past people have paid and then the delivery has slipped to the next quarter.

We are hopeful that Q4 will bring cars for those now showing Q4 in the EDD since production is steady and any deferment from the Covid lockdowns should be already accounted for. Also there have been two quarters now with few M3 cars shipped, so they will likely be scheduling some love for UK M3s. However given that some ordered plain spec cars in Q1 and arent scheduled to get them till next Q1, there is always the possibility that if your red LR RHD batch gets shuffled aside, it could be delayed. In Tesla-land noone can tell you for sure.

Reactions: Dannyk123
Thanks for that, it’s good to know that the shipping is much faster than I thought. On the VIN number, I didn’t realise I had to check my account I assumed I would be sent an email advice but I’ll look a bit more closely now.
You'll find a hidden VIN on your Tesla account page before they officially inform you (by text in my case). You could just wait for the official notification and live in blissful ignorance or look for the VIN and get some sort of advanced notice.

Reactions: Toblerone