Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7th February. Spec in signature. I’m convinced I must be one of the earliest orders who hasn’t received a VIN yet. Anyone around the same date or earlier still waiting for their car? It’s getting very tedious now.
Seems the cheapest spec has the longest wait. It's the most popular to order, most probably cos of the cost. If you look on the website now for new orders. That spec had the longest lead time still.

You'd think tesla would make more of this spec to keep up with demand - but suppose there is more profit for them in other specs. I'd imagine they make the same numbers of most specs, this seems to tally with thr longer wait for the Base spec.

You'd think tesla would make more of this spec to keep up with demand - but suppose there is more profit for them in other specs. I'd imagine they make the same numbers of most specs, this seems to tally with thr longer wait for the Base spec.
It’s been that way for almost 12 months now. Tesla clearly using it as a way to get more money by encouraging people to upgrade one or more of wheels/colour/interior.

Reactions: James7C2
Ordered 7th February. Spec in signature. I’m convinced I must be one of the earliest orders who hasn’t received a VIN yet. Anyone around the same date or earlier still waiting for their car? It’s getting very tedious now.
I originally ordered a M3 RWD in April but changed to a MYLR after being quoted minimum 10 months for delivery of the M3 ( and also being tempted into the extra space offered by the MY). Picking up my MY Tuesday week.

At the time it was a tough choice as M3 RWD £12k cheaper than MYLR. For those of you having to wait till next year for your M3 RWD but who ordered pre price rises you can at least console yourself that you bagged it for what now looks like an absolute bargain price ( £42.9k vs current £48.5K if memory serves, with no notable upgrades reported).

It now seems like a less difficult choice to " upgrade" from a M3 to a MY given that the price differential is only £3.5k between the M3 RWD and the newly available in UK MY RWD. Particularly given that lead times on the MY variant are looking much shorter and it gets the exact same "premium" spec ( main things seem to be better audio system and fog lights) as the MY LR while the M3 rwd only gets the " partial premium" spec.

Hi, M3P ordered 14/6, delivery date confirmed for 30/9 and invoice sent to pay for it.

however received no VIN....no hidden VIN either.

thinking its a cancellation but still surely should have a VIN?

Should I hold off before paying or has anyone else experienced that?

Thanks
Mat
Yes, you should hold off. In the past people have paid and then the delivery has slipped to the next quarter.

Text Telsa and they have replied with VIN and Reg Plate, still strange how my account doesn't show this.....

Anyway hoping all is in order now.... 🤞

Collection 10 days and COUNTING!! 😊

• Love
Reactions: StarbucksBob
Seems the cheapest spec has the longest wait. It's the most popular to order, most probably cos of the cost. If you look on the website now for new orders. That spec had the longest lead time still.

• Informative
Reactions: James7C2
Same spec, ordered 04/03 and had an email today via lease company Zenith to say estimated delivery mid November

Has anyone else had issues logging into their Tesla accounts this evening. I was able to get into my Model Y order this afternoon, but had an error message earlier and now the account just defaults tot he Tesla home page.
I couldn’t log on to my account via the app this evening - currently don’t have a car (sold my previous one) but although my new (as yet to be delivered) is showing as an image in the app the collection date wasn’t available and just showed 2 blank lines. Logged on to website, and although slower than usual, it did eventually show my collection date despite the app not working.

I couldn’t log on to my account via the app this evening - currently don’t have a car (sold my previous one) but although my new (as yet to be delivered) is showing as an image in the app the collection date wasn’t available and just showed 2 blank lines. Logged on to website, and although slower than usual, it did eventually show my collection date despite the app not working.
Thanks for the reply. It is working now.

Tesla lakeside at dartford new car collection site is very dissapointing.
It’s a garden bench and a caravan in the ground floor multi story car park which smells of urine.
Firstly the postcode is wrong so you arrive in a bad mood having driven circles around many lake side round abouts trying to find the location.😡
There isn’t a bathroom and many people will have driven a long way let alone a bacon sandwich or a coffee machine in site.😡😡
I had a question about my new Tesla which the two 20 year old customer assistants couldn’t answer so I was asked to take a walk around the shops and some one will call me later. 😡😡😡
I explained I was on a schedule and didn’t have time to turn my 10am collection into an entire day wasted.
Tesla customer service team (two very dumb 20 year olds) explained I needed to wait.
I told them to cancel.
I’ll buy anther Bmw instead.

Not sure if this is the right thread and feel free to move or delete if this is a stupid question.

I have a VIN assigned for my Shanghai MY LR with delivery appointment scheduled for 27th September (Ireland). But not sure which ship it is/may be on. I'm guessing GLOVIS COURAGE?

Ordered a M3RWD through Tusker in March, but it was part of a batch order which had already been placed.

M3 RWD, White Paint, Black Int, 19 Sport Alloys

At time of order the EDD was 'Mid June', which then changed to 'Early September', now has changed again to 'Mid November'. How realistic is the new EDD? AM I likely to be disappointed yet again?

Tesla lakeside at dartford new car collection site is very dissapointing.
It’s a garden bench and a caravan in the ground floor multi story car park which smells of urine.
Firstly the postcode is wrong so you arrive in a bad mood having driven circles around many lake side round abouts trying to find the location.😡
There isn’t a bathroom and many people will have driven a long way let alone a bacon sandwich or a coffee machine in site.😡😡
I had a question about my new Tesla which the two 20 year old customer assistants couldn’t answer so I was asked to take a walk around the shops and some one will call me later. 😡😡😡
I explained I was on a schedule and didn’t have time to turn my 10am collection into an entire day wasted.
Tesla customer service team (two very dumb 20 year olds) explained I needed to wait.
I told them to cancel.
I’ll buy anther Bmw instead.
Cool. Good luck with your new car whatever that is. Is not Tesla Lakeside or Dartford…is Tesla Bluewater but yeah I get your frustration

Reactions: Toblerone