Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - Best value for money tyres M3 SR+ 18”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations?

I have a SR+ with the 18” aero wheels.

Approaching thread depth limit after 18.5K miles and trying not to break the bank 😭

I drive split 65-35 between motorway/dual carriageway and city roads.

Would probably prefer all weather tyres as I work up north (further up than Manchester) were you get all sorts of weather..

But I’m also not trying to spend £700-£800 😭.

I’ve seen Costco the set would be £600ish after £80 discount for the full set..

Disclaimer - I never had this expensive or large of a car before, so never really considered the cost of a full set of tyres 🙈

I've done 600 miles in these all seasons and have been very content.

£520 for four, fully fitted.

Upvote 0
Any recommendations?

😅
Approaching thread depth limit after 18.5K miles and trying not to break the bank 😭

Would probably prefer all weather tyres as I work up north (further up than Manchester) were you get all sorts of weather..

Disclaimer - I never had this expensive or large of a car before, so never really considered the cost of a full set of tyres 🙈

Depends on what you need really. I'm in the same position as you and been looking everywhere for what's best. If you don't want to pony up the money for the PS4 T0's then honestly you can put almost any tyre you want as long as they're properly rated for the car. Personally I've been really happy with the PS4s that came with the car so I'm inclined to just shell out the money for them. So far this is the list of tyres I've complied together that are currently on the market that seem to work well with the car:
  • Pilot Sport 4 (S) - Very limited stock for 18"
  • Pilot Sport 5 (S) - Very limited stock for 18"
  • Cross Climate 2 (AS) - Widely available
  • Primacy 4+ (S) - Widely available
  • E Primacy (S) - Widely Available
  • Vredestein Quatrac Pro (AS) -Widely available
  • Hankook Ventus Prime 4 (S) - Widely available (looks like a good option but only found 1 review of a Tesla owner using this tyre)
I only have experience with the the OEM PS4s so can't really comment on any of the others. Though your budget is quite tight so don't think any of these really meet that requirement. I would say that you should try to avoid spending as little as possible only because the car is very heavy and produces a lot of power so it's worth spending a bit extra if you can only from a safety standpoint. If @Medved_77 's suggestion fits your price bracket then I guess it's a good shout if it meets your requirements especially if you're dead set on an all season tyre. The Hankook Ventus Prime 4s are also seem affordable being around £140 (including fitting) per tyre.
Also as you're probably aware it looks like that only Tesla service centers have stock of the PS4 T0 tyres and they've just quoted me £964 to have all four tyres changed 😅. If you really want to go for something Michelin then you can get some good deals on a full set if you could buy them from ATS Euromaster since they have a promotion going on where you can get £64 off if you buy a full set.

• Love
Reactions: Blueskye
Upvote 0
Depends on what you need really. I'm in the same position as you and been looking everywhere for what's best. If you don't want to pony up the money for the PS4 T0's then honestly you can put almost any tyre you want as long as they're properly rated for the car. Personally I've been really happy with the PS4s that came with the car so I'm inclined to just shell out the money for them. So far this is the list of tyres I've complied together that are currently on the market that seem to work well with the car:
  • Hankook Ventus Prime 4 (S) - Widely available (looks like a good option but only found 1 review of a Tesla owner using this tyre)
I only have experience with the the OEM PS4s so can't really comment on any of the others. Though your budget is quite tight so don't think any of these really meet that requirement. I would say that you should try to avoid spending as little as possible only because the car is very heavy and produces a lot of power so it's worth spending a bit extra if you can only from a safety standpoint. If @Medved_77 's suggestion fits your price bracket then I guess it's a good shout if it meets your requirements especially if you're dead set on an all season tyre. The Hankook Ventus Prime 4s are also seem affordable being around £140 (including fitting) per tyre.
Also as you're probably aware it looks like that only Tesla service centers have stock of the PS4 T0 tyres and they've just quoted me £964 to have all four tyres changed 😅. If you really want to go for something Michelin then you can get some good deals on a full set if you could buy them from ATS Euromaster since they have a promotion going on where you can get £64 off if you buy a full set.
Omg thank you so much for such an in depth list!
Honestly the MOT was a bit of a wake up call tire-wise.
I just realised that on my previous car I had alloy and tire insurance and somehow got lots of punctures and eventually one by one my tires were replaced for brand new ones 😂 so I never had to worry about it..

But I’ve been very good with the Tesla so far 🙈.
And I may or may not have enjoyed a lot of the acceleration…

Realistically I just do leisure driving on the motorway/dual carriage so don’t feel like I have any special requirements..
since I was going to replace the set I thought of going the the all season as I assumed they were better… but are they? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m going to have a look at the ones you’re listed and probably up my budget I guess..

I take it you’re going to replace it with the OEM when the time comes?

Upvote 0
Any recommendations?

Spend some time looking at this guys videos: https://www.youtube.com/@tyrereviews.

Plenty of evidence that it's best to avoid (the) cheap(est) tyres - their performance (or lack of it) in the wet and cold can be terrifying.

Reactions: Adopado
Upvote 0
Spend some time looking at this guys videos: https://www.youtube.com/@tyrereviews.

Plenty of evidence that it's best to avoid (the) cheap(est) tyres - their performance (or lack of it) in the wet and cold can be terrifying.

Have to agree with that! Not only are (some) cheap tyres likely to leave you in fear of leaving the road navigating a wet roundabout, they also just never seem to last as long as the premium brands. It becomes a false economy all round.

Upvote 0
That doesn’t sound too bad for (presumably) Michelins.

Have you tried the online guys - Blackcircles, Camskill etc? You can choose a local to you tyre fitter.

Blackcircles have 10% off Mich Cross Climate tyres until the end of the month.

Costco frequently do offers on tyres - if you are buying 4 or 2.
The back of the current book has £100 off 4 if you are buying 19" plus sizes

Reactions: Sean.
Upvote 0
I had 4 e-primacy on an M3LR. No regrets

Upvote 0
Have to agree with that! Not only are (some) cheap tyres likely to leave you in fear of leaving the road navigating a wet roundabout, they also just never seem to last as long as the premium brands. It becomes a false economy all round.
My motto is. Life is too short to fit cheap tyres. And if you do it could be shorter still.

Upvote 0
I recently had Ventus Prime 4’s fitted. No noticeable change in efficiency and they’re a bit quieter than the Pilot Sport 4’s.
Oh nice, how does the handling hold up as well? This is a tyre that I want to try but have some doubts over.
Offers significant savings over the Michelin tyres and a great option on paper.
I'm just worried I'm going to give up the awesome handling from the OEM tyres by going with something else.

Upvote 0
I’m also approaching illegal tread depth after 26k miles. Been so happy with PS4s since new so going for the same again as whilst there are cheaper tyres I think it’s a false economy in some instances. Also quoted £964 by Tesla so must be a set price I guess.
I’ve never, ever brought tyres though a main/franchised dealer. There’s always better alternatives and better bang for the buck elsewhere.

Reactions: Jason71
Upvote 0
Oh nice, how does the handling hold up as well? This is a tyre that I want to try but have some doubts over.
Offers significant savings over the Michelin tyres and a great option on paper.
I'm just worried I'm going to give up the awesome handling from the OEM tyres by going with something else.
They’re not as good as the PS4’s, but I’d take the quieter ride over the handling personally.

I have the pre-refresh M3 so I don’t get the added sound proofing from the thicker front windows.

Reactions: sheresingh
Upvote 0
I recently installed 4 Landslide LS588 UHP summer tyres on my 2020 Model 3 LR.
Apart from a terrible review on the German AutoBild magazine they have decent ratings and excel at low rolling resistance. I personally don't go on tracks and so far I have no complaints about dry and wet handling. They are fairly inexpensive and seem to be doing the job just fine.

I'm not saying they are as good as the big brands (not saying the opposite either), but if I have to pay twice as much to get 10% better performance I'd go with the budget tire any day.

I'll have yet to see how long they last. For an average driver like myself they seem to be performing well.

Upvote 0
I recently installed 4 Landslide LS588 UHP summer tyres on my 2020 Model 3 LR.
Apart from a terrible review on the German AutoBild magazine they have decent ratings and excel at low rolling resistance. I personally don't go on tracks and so far I have no complaints about dry and wet handling. They are fairly inexpensive and seem to be doing the job just fine.

I'm not saying they are as good as the big brands (not saying the opposite either), but if I have to pay twice as much to get 10% better performance I'd go with the budget tire any day.

I'll have yet to see how long they last. For an average driver like myself they seem to be performing well.
Why would you name a brand of tyre "landslide" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the level of grip!

• Funny
Reactions: M00cow
Upvote 0
Screenshot_20230320-070014_Gmail.jpg
This mighthelp

Reactions: Sean.
Upvote 0