Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - Best value for money tyres M3 SR+ 18”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations?

I have a SR+ with the 18” aero wheels.

Approaching thread depth limit after 18.5K miles and trying not to break the bank 😭

I drive split 65-35 between motorway/dual carriageway and city roads.

Would probably prefer all weather tyres as I work up north (further up than Manchester) were you get all sorts of weather..

But I’m also not trying to spend £700-£800 😭.

I’ve seen Costco the set would be £600ish after £80 discount for the full set..

Disclaimer - I never had this expensive or large of a car before, so never really considered the cost of a full set of tyres 🙈

Good point. On the same account, why would anyone in the UK buy Continental tyres?

My bad though, the brand name is Landsail, not Landslide.
The Continental tyre brand sold worldwide is over a hundred years old. Very well known and respected. I’ve had many German especially built cars fitted with them. A very decent maker of automotive rubber. Up there with Michelin and Pirelli on the top tier makes.

It’s a completely different kettle of fish to the unknown el cheapo brands with weird westernised marketing names from mainland China.

Upvote 0
The Continental tyre brand sold worldwide is over a hundred years old. Very well known and respected. I’ve had many German especially built cars fitted with them. A very decent maker of automotive rubber. Up there with Michelin and Pirelli on the top tier makes.

It’s a completely different kettle of fish to the unknown el cheapo brands with weird westernised marketing names from mainland China.

I don't think he was making a disparaging comment about (the well respected) Continental tyres ... rather he was remarking on the lack of appeal of brand names. It would appear that @UncleCreepy isn't attracted by the image inspired by the name "Continental".

Upvote 0
I don't think he was making a disparaging comment about (the well respected) Continental tyres ... rather he was remarking on the lack of appeal of brand names. It would appear that @UncleCreepy isn't attracted by the image inspired by the name "Continental".
…“why would anyone in the UK buy Continental tyres”

Is a pretty silly rhetorical question - because they’re a decent, respected tyre company with good product.

If your sole judgement is based on some whacky political or quasi xenophobic connotation of “continental” then FFS

Upvote 0
Continental tyres are excellent products. I have never questioned the quality of their tyres.

After @Jason71 mentioned that "Landslide" would not be a name that inspires confidence in the level of grip (and I agree with that statement) I made a similar remark that "Continental" tyres can't be any good outside "continental" Europe. I thought that was a witty remark but I can now see that it totally misfired. Sorry about the confusion.

Upvote 0
Continental tyres are excellent products. I have never questioned the quality of their tyres.

After @Jason71 mentioned that "Landslide" would not be a name that inspires confidence in the level of grip (and I agree with that statement) I made a similar remark that "Continental" tyres can't be any good outside "continental" Europe. I thought that was a witty remark but I can now see that it totally misfired. Sorry about the confusion.
I got it. I just never pass up a chance to take the Pi55

Upvote 0