Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've bought a used recently that's in Corby. Not collected yet. The pricing has been all over the shop. I even bought a second impulsively but then cancelled it after when I saw it had had some damage repaired. That was listed at 32.5k for a 71 plate long range with 11k miles on! Now it's 38k for a 21 plate of same miles. No method, just madness I think

Does it stay in Corby? All the Corby ones I've seen need to be collected from Edinburgh.

What happens after you pay your £200 deposit? Do they get in touch or send a raft of info?
I’ve asked the same question as I’ve seen a couple heavily reduced in Corby but showing collection In Edinburgh. They just confirmed it would need to be collected in Edinburgh and Corby was their repair centre before being moved around the various dealer locations.

I asked for details of the kind of repairs and if they could share details on a car and he couldn’t see any details on the system at that time.

Reactions: AndyFov
I'm still perplexed by the inventory pricing... Three blue 2020 SR+ cars - all the same price. The one in the middle has covered half the miles of the other two.

Is there any rhyme or reason?

Screenshot 2023-03-12 080303.jpg

I'm still perplexed by the inventory pricing... Three blue 2020 SR+ cars - all the same price. The one in the middle has covered half the miles of the other two.

View attachment 916679
It’s really strange as these are all over priced given it’s a 2020 model. But agree, given the mileage difference you would expect some change in price. They seems to be up and down constantly on their used Inventory.

I'd not, actually.

What started all this was finding this, and the realisation that a 2yr old M3 isn't as far from my grasp as I'd perhaps previously thought.

The occasional apparent bargains that appear and vanish in the inventory have me enthralled. It'll be finding something suspiciously cheap there that'll tempt me into making an impulse decision. The rational side of me is holding out for a 21 spec car with the heat pump for around £25k. I'm just stubbornly prepared to hold out till they've depreciated down to that level, and am mindful that could take the best part of two years.

Obvs in my grand plan the 2yr old 21 spec car won't be two years old when I get round to buying one, it'll be a lot longer in the tooth than that.

Reactions: Exy1
Like a few others I now find myself in a position to be looking at Tesla's with a view to purchase rather than idle interest.

Well in as much as they are still around £30k ish for a second hand car, I honestly don't know how a lot of people can afford their lifestyles but I digress.

I'm from N.Ireland so that seems to complicate matters, who'd have thought the Tesla way wouldn't stretch to transportation to all collection centres.

Out of interest is it possible to remove EAP for a price reduction?

I've also noticed a few cars with AB already installed but that's a double edged sword, great to have BUT insurance is gonna want to know and then there is the additional stress on the drive train, is it possible to ascertain when it was installed I wonder.

My ideal spec,,,,,,

2021 LR
White paint but happy to consider others if the overall condition is good.
White interior
18" wheels
Tow hitch (for bike rack duties but again this is a double edged sword)
<20k miles.
Circa £32k

But here is the sticking point, has to be mint and collectable from Belfast, I just can't see how to accomplish sourcing one without a large dollop of luck.

I have zero interest in FSD or EAP etc.

Am I being unreasonable, it's not like the car isn't out there amongst the hundreds available?

Last edited:

View attachment 916679
They all look very overpriced to me....we recently bought an 11 month old RWD with 11k miles on the clock for just over £30k (private purchase rather than through Tesla). Big attraction with this car for us was the significant remaining warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: Exy1
I tend to browse inventory on tesla-info as they have the tesla inventory alongside autotrader, cazoo, ebay etc. You do get a few repeats where a seller has listed the car on multiple platforms but thats obvious from the pictures. The data table version gives you more options to filter and a quick check on 2020+ M3 with less than 40k miles (so still under Tesla warranty) is throwing a LR with Acceleration boost at £28k along side lots or SR+

2021+ with under 20k miles has plenty starting at £32.6k and what appears to be a LR at £33.3k with 16k miles on a 71 plate from a dealer.

Any1 have any ideas how long it takes for tesla to get their *sugar* sorted so I can pick mine up? I'm a week down line after paying deposit and finance in place. Now it's just we will contact you at some random time to arrange collection. No further info available.

Any1 have any ideas how long it takes for tesla to get their *sugar* sorted so I can pick mine up? I'm a week down line after paying deposit and finance in place. Now it's just we will contact you at some random time to arrange collection. No further info available.
You’re entering the window where end of quarter new deliveries take priority, but you’ll probably just get a delivery date 3 or 4 days out if I remember what happened to me. Have you determined the delivery location? If so it’s probably just in a queue for logistics to work out how to get it there

I'd not, actually.

What started all this was finding this, and the realisation that a 2yr old M3 isn't as far from my grasp as I'd perhaps previously thought.

The occasional apparent bargains that appear and vanish in the inventory have me enthralled. It'll be finding something suspiciously cheap there that'll tempt me into making an impulse decision. The rational side of me is holding out for a 21 spec car with the heat pump for around £25k. I'm just stubbornly prepared to hold out till they've depreciated down to that level, and am mindful that could take the best part of two years.

Obvs in my grand plan the 2yr old 21 spec car won't be two years old when I get round to buying one, it'll be a lot longer in the tooth than that.
Mine of same spec - the predicted value in MW is around 26800. It was around 42000 in Nov 22. The car has lost around 16000 in 4 months but I understand it is not just specific to Tesla. There are other factors that are playing a huge role with an impending banking and housing crisis on the cards. If you are an used car buyer now it is an advantage.