Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, that deal is even better than mine, a few more miles but its only 15 months old ffs. Plus a paint and alloy upgrade. Thats like 56k spec'd as new with the EAP.
Just as an FYI for people that have recently ordered used and its saying is in Corby now for delivery Edinburgh thats all horseshit. Tesla told me yesterday despite mine saying Edinburgh it was never there and is infact in London. There is apparently an IT bug affecting the used inventory listing it all as Edinburgh. So it could literally be bloody anywhere lol.
I would contact them on the online chat, I did that and one day they say oh yes its ready to collect.. Im collecting mine Monday now from the Heathrow Tesla.
A real confidence booster for a computer run car.... 😈

• Funny
Reactions: AndyFov
Congrats, that deal is even better than mine, a few more miles but its only 15 months old ffs. Plus a paint and alloy upgrade. Thats like 56k spec'd as new with the EAP.
Just as an FYI for people that have recently ordered used and its saying is in Corby now for delivery Edinburgh thats all horseshit. Tesla told me yesterday despite mine saying Edinburgh it was never there and is infact in London. There is apparently an IT bug affecting the used inventory listing it all as Edinburgh. So it could literally be bloody anywhere lol.
I would contact them on the online chat, I did that and one day they say oh yes its ready to collect.. Im collecting mine Monday now from the Heathrow Tesla.
Yeah, it's kind of crazy they have all this high tech in the cars themselves but the purchasing process is so disjointed, that different business units for you I guess. How long did yours take from order to collection?

The are hopeless. I ring them daily just to try and build a picture of the car I’ve bought and have been told it’s currently in two different locations and then when I question I’ve been told it’s at Milton Keynes they change the story and say yes it’s there. It took 3 days to get the registration from them. Today they told me the car was bought and returned within 2 weeks due to the buyer wanting a long range instead, as they couldn’t get the quoted 300+ miles range. It’s got 206 miles on the clock so guess that’s the range 🤣

I’m annoyed I paid in full, wish I just waited till they confirmed a collection date. It said ready now at the time, so I assumed I could have collected it straight away.

This is what I thought you got. It is rear wheel drive still a great deal.
They corrected the price for that one it seems. Back on today for 11k more

Attachments

• B55CFACB-7325-4AEB-BE73-47B7D3B64BB0.jpeg
    B55CFACB-7325-4AEB-BE73-47B7D3B64BB0.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Helpful
Reactions: spdpsba
The are hopeless. I ring them daily just to try and build a picture of the car I’ve bought and have been told it’s currently in two different locations and then when I question I’ve been told it’s at Milton Keynes they change the story and say yes it’s there. It took 3 days to get the registration from them. Today they told me the car was bought and returned within 2 weeks due to the buyer wanting a long range instead, as they couldn’t get the quoted 300+ miles range. It’s got 206 miles on the clock so guess that’s the range 🤣

I’m annoyed I paid in full, wish I just waited till they confirmed a collection date. It said ready now at the time, so I assumed I could have collected it straight away.
Yeah, that's pretty terrible! Really sounds like they are giving you the run around. Good tip re: payment, i'll definitely be holding back until I have a confirmed date and location.

Some weird stuff going on with my order. I logged in about 1h ago and it was asking for the final payment, so I confirmed my loan with HSBC and released the funds ready to pay. Now it seems to have gone back a step to the whole 'We're drafting up your contract...'.

Your find many examples like this when looking across the Tesla range on the inventory. Does how long the vehicle has been on the site impact price?
Honestly, it's really hard to pinpoint exactly what affects the price. Maybe it's what the car 'owes' them, maybe it's other factors. It certainly isn't the things you'd expect like age, mileage and spec, that's for sure. 🤣

Reactions: Motorsport101
They will change the price of the one with the tow hitch. Bit of a bargain if not.
This is my car which I just cancelled lol. They reduced the price again from 35.9k. Its a crazy deal snap it up . After all my previous posts I realised I ****ed up lol. I was partly buying this car as business use of 75% and planned to claim 100% capital allowance cost as available for EVs. Well dummy here didnt realise it was for new cars only until a mate told me (my accountant failed to believe it or not). So now ive just cancelled that to buy a new LR for 47k cos I can get a 20k tax rebate on it basically this year. (im takign my salary sub 100k which also gives me childcare allowance tax free childcare etc.)

But by not being willing to have the tax rebate over a few years you have paid a lot more for the car. If anything as corporation tax is increasing having 100% 1st year capital allowance will increase total tax paid over the next few years.
No Corp tax involved. I'm buying it as a sole trader. This makes a big difference for me in my own financial circumstances right now and is the right financial decision I have had professional advice thanks