Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the exact same boat as you Redmamoth. Weeks of nothing but excuses, delays, cancellations, apparent parts waiting delivery, logistical issues. You name it.

I've spoken to many, many representatives who have all cited the above. At this stage I can almost quote the autonomous voice that greets me everytime I ring them..

However yesterday I spoke to Dean who took a completely different approach. He said he'd light a firework where it needed to be lit and get in touch with me via email by the end of the day. His tone was so different to the guys I'd spoken to before and was the first to apologize on behalf of the company. Unfortunately though he came back today with a reason..but one I actually believe. That there has been an influx of used orders (probably true given many of us seem to have had a 'good' deal) and that I should expect a wait of 4 weeks (I presume from now). I ordered mid March. So that's an 8 week turnaround (2 months!). Or 6 weeks estimated without a car since I sold mine.

The car should exist. You should be able to ask for a reg which they are happy to provide. I used this to pay for my insurance which I am currently on, but with no vehicle to show for it.

Hope this helps 👍 stay sane!

That there has been an influx of used orders (probably true given many of us seem to have had a 'good' deal) and that I should expect a wait of ...

I'd believe that if there were a decent number of people who ARE getting cars.

Of course they wouldn't be complaining, so wouldn't be here ... but there ought to be one or two, at least, who were already here asking questions / reading-up before making the purchase, and I'd expect any/some/all of them to say "I got mine".

Of course they wouldn't be complaining, so wouldn't be here ... but there ought to be one or two, at least, who were already here asking questions / reading-up before making the purchase, and I'd expect any/some/all of them to say "I got mine".
I’m hoping @Matrel will be able to say that tomorrow!

I got mine, ordered 9th March & collected 1st April. Was told 31st March from when I first asked for a collection date.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
@redmamoth - Yeah, chased almost every day this week via text with my contact that is supposedly based at the NEC Delivery Hub, they confirmed every time that I should be collecting it on Friday (tomorrow), but they have been unable to actually confirm, because they were meant to be confirming for themselves with logistics. I'm assuming they were just saying that, because I've had the same message just reworded every time I've chased and they've never come back and given a yes or no answer, even as to whether they spoke to logistics.

Obviously it's too late now to be picking up a car tomorrow. I even said, I need to book train tickets, sort insurance, etc., confirmation either way would be great, but no response other than, let me check with logistics, but yeah, never hear back after that. Just sent one last message to confirm, so we'll see, but can't see it happening now.

Being fair, they said in the beginning it was an estimate, but you would think that by the day before they would be confirming or offering other dates. It just sort of washes over me now, I think I knew on Wednesday when they repeated themselves with 'let me confirm with logisitics'. Then when I got the same response today I knew it was just a different platitude they use to stall. Maybe I'll hear something next week - I'm confident if I check though I'll get 'let me just check with logistics' 😂

One thing I’d say to those waiting, keep an eye on inventory prices. Prices can fall by a few thousand in 2 months if they have loads of inventory, you don’t want that in top if not actually having the car - albeit not the need you’d want.

I think you might be an outlier though, wasn’t yours basically a ‘customer return’ rather than ‘used’ per se?

Still took em 3 weeks to wash and vac it though 😂
Yeah, and I guess I was still chasing them every other day to get that wash and vac done. But they did state that it still needed to have all checks as every used car goes through.

Pearl white does look amazing in the Sun, car is filthy after a 220 mile drive last night. First time super charging on the M5, which was effortless and super quick. And found some cheap 25p per KWh Pod Point chargers this morning that were not on Zap Map app yet. :)

00A32327-9707-436E-93C0-8D2FE40AB69A.jpeg

Reactions: AndyFov and Matrel
Well, needless to say Tesla can't give me any updates whatsoever other than 'your car isn't at the NEC and we can't give you any information about when it may be there'. I even asked if it was likely to be days or weeks and they just said 'we'll keep you in the loop when we know anything'. 😒

I spoke to someone earlier after requesting a callback.

He said my vehicle was originally waiting for a part, that part arrived on 7th April (which could explain why I got a generic 'Your arrival date is being calculated' SMS on the 7th) and is now fitted, according to him it is now just awaiting 'minor cosmetic work / inspection'.

He promised to follow up with an email later today (I'll dance naked on the streets of Leeds if that email actually arrives).

I find it fascinating that everyone has such different experiences. Random SMS messages that just don't seem to have relevance, combined with apparently direct 1:1 messages with a real person, but who just can't give any detail. I feel like the person I was messaging with was getting as annoyed with not being able to get confirmation from Logistics as I was.

• Informative
Reactions: Exy1
I ordered on March 18th and after lots of phone calls and emails was told my car was being worked on now last week. But nothing yet.
I did request a few photos, as strange as that sounds just to at least see what the car is like. The photos never materialised!

Last edited:
Hey guys, just got off the phone to Tesla.

Update for me is that he can see that the Corby site have all the parts to do the works on my Tesla, and that I should get an update on Monday at the latest (yeah right). He can't see on the system whether they have actually carried out the works on the car (so could be another 4-6 weeks or whatever).

They mentioned the Birmingham NEC collection point is in the process of being relocated so no deliveries to this site are happening until after 16th April.

I also confirmed with him that if I cancel, if I will get the £200 back and he did confirm that I will (good news on that front I guess).

Another weekend of being in the dark I guess!