Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either way, I'm booked in for my first appointment at Leeds on Monday for both issues.

That's such a bummer, given you've had one of the most frustrating experiences out of all of us, I was hoping you'd have a really tip-top example and prove the wait worth it. It's so frustrating that it seems to be such a mixed experience, let alone all the other horrors that people have uncovered, like the fact the car has been sat around for 6+ months. I know they are saying they're looking to ramp things up, but it just looks like they are falling further and further behind.

They will review and say - “it’s within their quality parameters”. I have been told the same for paint overspray and peeling issue I found in the used M3P.
Anyone have the link to what their quality parameters are? It may be useful when I inevitably head into battle.

@Matrel Yeah, it's crazy that I waited 8 weeks and suffered endless delays, all likely so that they could complete this absolute bodge respray job on the front corner. I would have rather taken it with a scratch!

Has anyone else in here got collection dates yet?

I saw on a Facebook group someone mentioned they found some Tesla Directors on LinkedIn and left some comments about the issues, then miraculously got a call 2 hours later from a dedicated adviser. May be worth going down that route, also call them out on Twitter/Instagram etc, they hate bad publicity.

FINALLY - Tesla are acting with a degree of professionalism.

I've just taken a call, the first thing they did was to apologise sincerely for my excessive wait. They said my car still requires some paint work, it's in a new service centre in Tottenham, and it's so new the priority has been to get the place up and running rather than to begin work on any of the cars that require a bit of fairy dust.

They said it's projected to be finished in a week, they're sending people there to ensure that it's up to spec, and they're going to send me photos. As a goodwill gesture they've offered to deliver it to my door.

I know there have been false dawns before, but I really get the impression they're getting their act together now.

Has anyone else in here got collection dates yet?

I saw on a Facebook group someone mentioned they found some Tesla Directors on LinkedIn and left some comments about the issues, then miraculously got a call 2 hours later from a dedicated adviser. May be worth going down that route, also call them out on Twitter/Instagram etc, they hate bad publicity.
That was me. And since then they have been brilliant. I have my own dedicated advisor now. Been receiving all most daily calls advising on updates and schedule changes. Also been able to get the car transported from Corby to my local SC too. Total transparency of what’s happening. If I email I get a phone call responding to my questions. I’ve offered a full user experience day by day breakdown to the escalation routes if they wish to have a non emotional factual account of what’s happened as I’ve document each dissatisfaction event. Only way to improve is too listen and it seems they are doing so. 8 weeks to not have a car and be given an absolute sh1t show of a service needs to be listened too else they will loose customers fast.

Just had my first update message from Tesla.. for the car I ordered on 19th March.

Did anyone else get one or should I feel special? 😆

"Just to keep you updated, we are working hard to finish the used car checks on your vehicle. We will be in touch as soon as we can to give you more of an update and schedule your collection."

Just had my first update message from Tesla.. for the car I ordered on 19th March.

Did anyone else get one or should I feel special? 😆

"Just to keep you updated, we are working hard to finish the used car checks on your vehicle. We will be in touch as soon as we can to give you more of an update and schedule your collection."
I ordered the same date as you. But as above now have a dedicated advisor who I have confidence in. So I’ve stopped chasing now as I know he is doing the leg work for me.
However your note is very encouraging in that they are starting to give customer something even though really it’s nothing

I ordered the same date as you. But as above now have a dedicated advisor who I have confidence in. So I’ve stopped chasing now as I know he is doing the leg work for me.
However your note is very encouraging in that they are starting to give customer something even though really it’s nothing
I hope it means perhaps they have actually started work on my car? Perhaps just me being optimistic

Anyone have the link to what their quality parameters are? It may be useful when I inevitably head into battle.

@Matrel Yeah, it's crazy that I waited 8 weeks and suffered endless delays, all likely so that they could complete this absolute bodge respray job on the front corner. I would have rather taken it with a scratch!
Here it is - straight from the CONDITION section (RHS scrollable panel) of any USED vehicle on the Tesla site (if you want to take a browse yourself). CLick the Learn more button

Attachments

• Tesla Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards 2023-05-11 170752.jpg
    Tesla Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards 2023-05-11 170752.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Tesla Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards 2023-05-11 170753.jpg
    Tesla Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards 2023-05-11 170753.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: redmamoth
Wow… another update. Twice in a day!!

Phone call from someone who is my new point of contact.

Apparently it’s still due to be complete in refurb tomorrow, but is still waiting for the tyre and windscreen that it has been waiting for since over a month ago.

I’ll get a call back early next week to update I’m told.

So they certainly seem to be improving their communications which is good

Ok major update.

I’ve been quiet as it was just not good for my soul trying to deal with Tesla.

They gave me a delivery straight to my door “as a means of compensation”. I don’t see it that way as ‘my door’ is only 12 miles from the SC that they advertised it from!!

That delivery day was today sometime between 0700-2300

It has just arrived. Dirty but looks in reasonable condition. A chip on the front bumper low down and the bumper trim gaps to each side is non existent - basically it touches the bodywork: not sure if that is as designed or not.

Came with 40% (109 miles)

All previous dash cam footage was not deleted.

The car has been with Tesla since December I can see - basically has not been driven for over 5 months.

Just doing the updates.

Tesla say they are sending a wall charger to compensate. Ironic as I don’t need one!

This feels like some sort of closure!

Definitely seems to me that they've identified a problem, finally, and are addressing it. This could all be your doing WhyAreWeWaitin?

Either way I'm encouraged that I'm experiencing something approximating customer service at last.

I ordered on 15th March.
Not sure if it was pure luck with timing given their help desk must have been getting slammed with all of us on their cases. But I do hope escalation and clear facts of significant failures has been enough to start the single 1 thing we all ask for. “Just keep us in the loop and don’t feed us nonsense”. I’m pleased a few of us are starting to see this. And whilst I’m less than happy I’m encouraged others after us lot may actually get the service they deserve when forking out a small fortune on a car.
I’m being advised Monday is my collection day. I’ve booked the day off work and I’ve advised via email of the fact a day of for me is super tuff. And if they feel I should not book it as they can’t gaurantee the date then they had to advise me by COP yesterday. If they reneg on their date it will simply be another thing I’ll add to the snotogram Mr musk and his directors will be getting. Again the aim here is for them to address the issues. Facts not someone just moaning

Reactions: AndyFov
If anyone does a website I’ve got all screenshots from my online chats with the online “help”
I’ve targeted Twitter now inviting any Tesla Exec including Elon to reach out for non emotive customer journey feedback discussion. Raising the point also that’s it’s hard to get Tesla to listen. I believe I could advise them in a constructive way on how they can improve.
I hope to raise the profile of all of us on here who have suffered an arduous journey in what should be an exciting one.
We need to be heard. And I hope someone in Tesla will listen and act upon the feedback. Will keep you posted

Sounds like we all got similar updates from Matt Underwood (Delivery Manager) or his small team of 3! I ordered 18th of March and it is still in the cosmetic workshop which possibly looking like end of May for me.. :(

I still have not seen the car i bought months back!