Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@xbcxbc regarding your frunk alignment. Try turning the adjustable stopper thingys to move them in out, I had the same issue as you and this fixed it.
We have a winner!

IMG_3118.jpeg
RHS

IMG_3119.jpeg
LHS

Now all fixed and aligned correctly.

Thanks @redmamoth

Reactions: redmamoth and ringi
Had my first service appointment this morning due to the TPMS fault and poor respray. What a completely different experience! I was in and out in 45mins, the sensors were replaced and they have agreed to correct the paintwork I just need to rebook a separate appointment (I'll also be requesting a loaner). Overall positive first experience using a service centre!
How depressing you have your car and have had your first appointment whilst I'm still awaiting to hear when my will be ready 😂

Glad it's a positive user experience though!

Reactions: Matrel
I was phoned yesterday by Tesla asking me when I would like my used vehicle. I settled for the 23rd May which was the earliest date they could deliver it. Yes. They are delivering the car to my home address in Leeds rather than Corby. Why a home delivery? Like so much of Teslas arcane procedures it’s impossible to know. I did not ask for a home delivery but I am obviously not going to refuse it. Ordered 18th April, home delivery for the 23rd May. Good things can happen.

lets hope I get a similar call as well - I too am in Leeds and wasn't particularly eager to travel to Corby
I was not looking forward to the Corby trip. I had decided on the train to Stevenage and then a taxi to Corby.
You never know, you may get the same phone call. I have just received a confirmation text for the Leeds delivery.
Who knows, the car may now arrive in a pristine condition.

So I've just had my 'early next week update' from the delivery advisor

The car has failed its final inspection apparently as it needs rear tyre and a windscreen.
exactly what I was told a month ago.

So to summarise they've don't absolutely nothing with it.

You really couldn't make it up

The car has failed its final inspection apparently as it needs rear tyre and a windscreen.

That is miserable and I feel really sorry for you. It's great that some people are getting progress, but it's still clearly a craps shoot with regards to each individual experience. I would be raging if I was still waiting, which based on the regulars on this forum and their order dates, I would likely still be waiting. I am glad for my own sanity that I dropped out and bought one locally. Good luck and I admire your patience!

I think you made the right choice... I nearly did the same a couple of weeks ago and wish I had
That is miserable and I feel really sorry for you. It's great that some people are getting progress, but it's still clearly a craps shoot with regards to each individual experience. I would be raging if I was still waiting, which based on the regulars on this forum and their order dates, I would likely still be waiting. I am glad for my own sanity that I dropped out and bought one locally. Good luck and I admire your patience!

Reactions: Matrel

Oh that sucks. Mine had an advisory on the MOT in March for a rear tyre, so I am hoping they don’t ‘discover’ something I know about being 200+ miles away and having never seen the car 😂

It's so so bad. Have you paid in full, or just deposit?

I raised a data privacy GDPR request from the Tesla website from the date I made my order to current day. I was interested in seeing what data they held on me and also if I could get some info on the car.

They sent it through the other day and while it's mostly useless, there are some vehicle data logs starting on 11th April (I ordered and requested data from 15th March) and ending on 26th April (after which they contacted me to arrange delivery). So either they excluded earlier logs, or they simply didn't touch the car until 11th April and everything they told me up to that point was total BS (which I suspected anyway).

So either they excluded earlier logs, or they simply didn't touch the car until 11th April and everything they told me up to that point was total BS (which I suspected anyway).
Wow - although I would guarantee that you are absolutely right on it being the latter! The car is returned to Tesla, drops in to inventory, offered for sale some months later, you pay your deposit, car is marked as sold and then ignored until the time comes to move it from where it's been sat for 5 months to the workshop where it's worked on and made available for delivery/collection.

Does any of what they say tie in with the videos you found on the USB?

Just been updated too. No danger of them not discovering things as they didn’t know where the car was (now located at Corby) and it hasn’t even been booked in for its checks yet.
Might cancel.

After many many emails and phone calls with the assigned advisor. The 12th May was cancelled and then the 15th cancelled. I’ve now been given a concrete date of the 23rd. Concrete was their word not mine. They are delivering it to my home address and have been offered £425 in a Tesla Vouchers. Whilst I remain disappointed with the way they have handled it from start to end, they have tried to get things moving. I will be in my 10th week from order date when i take collection.
I hope now this date is one they keep true to.