Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.. expecting delivery today.. but still no sign of driver calling to confirm some sort of delivery timeline.. anybody else expecting delivery today? Cant wait for this to be over.. this getting too tiring to keep chasing them up without any updates from them.

Hi.. expecting delivery today.. but still no sign of driver calling to confirm some sort of delivery timeline.. anybody else expecting delivery today? Cant wait for this to be over.. this getting too tiring to keep chasing them up without any updates from them.
Sorry to hear this, I've only just seen it. Get onto AnyVan. They are the guys delivering. They are way more helpful than Tesla who only went dark on me

After 11 weeks though, I finally have my Tesla! Has been a poor experience as many of you know. But the car itself is good so far. A few scratches here and there but nothing major. Weirdly no tyres came with caps and two of them were low on pressure despite being clearly new tyres. Overall I'm satisfied.
Has anybody dealt with Matt Underwood from Corby site? I mentioned that some users getting £425 in vouchers and he is not aware of any of these deals. I have been offered £200 in store credit or a wall charger.

I have a charger already installed so do not need the Tesla wall charger.. but thinking to take that and then sell it on brand new for someone that might be looking for one.. and should be able to get more than £200 for that based on price selling them in the marketplace.
Matt Underwood dealt with my experience and gave me some compensation in the form of voucher so I'd ask him again!

They will have done it
I love that you say with such confidence that any single part of this process will have been done. Never mind done correctly.

I am losing my patience tbh, they don’t seem to be able to get cars ready, or keep me updated and I have lost confidence in them as a company for customer service.
Just enquired about swapping to a car that’s showing as available now…which they think will take longer 🤪

• Funny
Reactions: Exy1
just recieved my car.. where do I start.. car is not what I expected of a car with 13k on the clock! Previous owner did not look after it at all.. feels like a car that’s done 50k miles! Steering wheel is worn down quite a bit.. when I spoke to Tesla they kept mentioning the work that is being done needs to be Tesla standard before they can release the car.. and I can tell you it’s low as I don’t think they checked the car.. b pillar looks way off will try attach some pics.. on the passenger side alignment is not same as the drivers side.. spoiler fitting looks like someone did it at home.. misaligned.. and I know it’s minor but all the wheels having missing caps.. minor will sort that out.. car is dirty inside and will need a proper detailing job to make it acceptable let alone nice!

Driver was in a rush as he had another job and he nearly damaged the car taking it off the trailer as apparently was too long for his trailer.. jokes.

Handover was shambles while I was looking over the car.. guy signed it off himself and then rushed off.. I just about managed to get the keys off him!

Now gonna make difficult decision of possibly sending the car back as it’s not good enough after waiting nearly 3 months for this!

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpeg
    IMG_2291.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 87
where do I start.

Sorry to hear that.

I've been following this thread and similar for a while. Most people (after repeated delays and so on) have been pleased with their cars and it seemed that Tesla had indeed sorted out a bunch of stuff - as you would expect.

From memory there have been 2 previous buyers who were delivered junk. On one I asked if the inventory was actually new, but just failed PDI'd, because I couldn't believe previous owner would have put up with all the faults - but turns out a) they had done and b) they didn't care about the car at all, so had treated it badly.

I don't understand how Tesla can do a decent job for multiple cars, and then be perfectly happy to hand over junk as well - in particular a bunch of faults that must clearly fail their checklist on multiple counts (and something that they have repeatedly stressed as being the reason why the car is delayed)

I don't know what to suggest TBH, except that I think you need to hand it back :( 'coz I reckon every time you get in it you will be disappointed - even if service fix it - a) how long will that take? (I suppose if they give you a loaner then time is not an issue) and b) how many times are you going to have to send it back before it is right?

Reactions: ringi
Feels like they handed car over and hoping to have it sorted with the service center as they don’t have the capacity to deal with the back order of cars.. the delivery guy said there where 100’s of cars waiting at the corby center.

Can I drive the car although tax site shows that it is untaxed not having the green slip can’t finish that step of registering for the road tax although nothing to pay?

Otherwise more delays in waiting for the v5c doc before can road tax the car before start driving

Can I drive the car although tax site shows that it is untaxed not having the green slip can’t finish that step of registering for the road tax although nothing to pay?
There might be a delay in the site updating.

Mine was taxed when it arrived. If you go to your Tesla account on the website, click the car and on that page, there should be a document confirming it.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Hi Folks, here is a quick update on my return experience.
As shared previously, I ordered a 2019 M3P with 40 ish k miles on Odo in mid-march and collected it from Corby in the last week of April.
Like others, I was unsatisfied with the vehicle's condition and the delivery team's behaviour, so I decided to exercise my statuary right of distance buying.

Return Process -
1. Step 1 - I wrote an email informing Tesla about the issues in the vehicle and made it clear that the vehicle would be returned if they were not addressed. Tesla returned saying any panel fitting, gaps etc., are within the threshold they have defined, so there is nothing to be done there. They said I should log a new service request via their app for mechanical issues. The delivery executive was quite adamant and said the vehicle's condition was reflected in the price.

2. Step 2 - I visited their centre in London after writing another email with my decision to return the vehicle. I met a very geeky and polite Tesla executive who looked into the issues. He agreed that the problems listed are recurring in M3 made in Fremont, US, and it is better to go for a slightly newer model e.g. 2020 or 2021 at least.

3. Step 3 - I requested them to process the return. They carried out a fresh inspection, performed a factory reset on the computer and did the paperwork online.

4. I did not hear anything from Tesla for several days after the handover without notification, SMS, or anything. So I had to chase them again. This week I received the refund in my bank account. However, I'm still waiting to get £200 paid for the reservation.

Big Surprise - The exact vehicle is listed back for sale by Tesla, and the price has gone up by £7500. I don't know what magic they did to improve the vehicle's condition.
last update from me on my purchase - I received a full refund of money paid to Tesla for the purchase of M3P. Tesla was reluctant to refund the £200 Initially, little push sorted the issue.

Reactions: MrT3
^ Keep an eye on used inventory. If a red SR+ with 46k miles turns up @ £23.4k it's still a lot of car for the money.

I've just lost confidence in the brand and the yearning has turned into borderline contempt.
It's an absolute joke 12+ weeks.

From what I've seen, they've taken all second hand model 3s off site so maybe they're selling to auctions instead because they know they simply can't deal with the volume.

Reactions: ringi and AndyFov
Been reading through this thread on and off for days after paying the £200 reservation fee for a "cheap" m3p which came up at £28500 on Tuesday night. I really want the years warenty and eap hence waiting for a cheap enough one to come up from used inventory. After reading the horror stories on here starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I messaged them yesterday to ask what my waiting time could look like and got the reply "oh you only ordered yesterday (it was 2 days ago but let's not go splitting hairs) and you won't hear anything for at least 2 weeks" sounds like I'm off to a great start.

Have another car to sell and at the moment 2 bank loans to make payments on as selling the old car will pay off the old loan, great joy awaits, hmmmm

Anyway 1st post, nice to be here and read your posts.