Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK : Ditching the 18" Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to ditch the !8" aero covers - was intending to go for the usual small centre caps and five nut covers per wheel but
then saw the 'official' Tesla one piece ones - nice but expensive at £56/set

Has anybody got these fitted ? I assume the quality is 100% but do they get pinched since they are simply a push-on fit.

Looking to ditch the !8" aero covers - was intending to go for the usual small centre caps and five nut covers per wheel but
then saw the 'official' Tesla one piece ones - nice but expensive at £56/set

Has anybody got these fitted ? I assume the quality is 100% but do they get pinched since they are simply a push-on fit.
I had a set of the individual ones but the finish tarnished after 6 months. Bought the official Tesla one piece ones and they were great. Looked good and better finish.

3CA8C2A0-BEC5-449B-AFEA-AF9A62E3DDC9.jpeg
5A01D118-667E-42ED-A76D-5C65BB01D593.jpeg
28CB9FFC-287D-4FF1-9B82-566E5FF75E68.jpeg

Do you mind me asking where you got these?
AliExpress and then it's down to choosing the cheapest option.

I've got some too, had them about a year and really like them. The only downside is that they absolutely shred the surface of the alloy underneath and I'm a bit concerned they'll start to corrode come winter.

The seller I used provided some foam tape which I put around the circumference. That's worked OK but most of that damage has been about 4cm in on each "spoke" of the cover.

All that said, the OEM covers aren't exactly kind to the wheels.

I've had the OG Tesla ones on for 2 and a half years. Other than losing 2 nut covers once which was...weird. (Bought some spares off amazon) they still look fantastic and I personally prefer them to the one piece one that they do now.

I'm a big fan of the arachnid model 3 covers, think I'll pick them up off AliExpress. They are also fully plastic so hopefully won't damage the original wheels underneath. Some good reviews on youtube and let's be real - all these sellers charging 200-300£/$/€ all just reselling them from AliExpress anyway

I bought a set of all weather mats from AliExpress when I picked up my original RWD M3 and the quality was unreal. Paid less than half the price as the Tesla versions and the like.

I went for the Rimetrix covers... curb rash easily dealt with a spray can and they also cover historical whoopsies.

Cost about the same as redoing three wheels that met their fate from injudicious parking.

I collected them on a trip to the US. Just about fit in a suitcase ;-)

PS The car actually parked itself twice in the last week... backed into a slot. Saints be praised!