Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving our manufacture to the 3rd world destroys our skills base, disrupts balance of payments and gives financial power and tech to less savoury actors
I dont think they are planning one for Hollywood 😆

On a serious note, I agree but that rabbit hole leads us to governments and political stuff which we is not allowed to discuss here. Im sure we dont want yet another thread locked now do we 🙄:)

Reactions: pgkevet
Many thanks for the report earlier in this thread that Inventory stock has been reduced in price by £3k+.

I had a new MYLR on order for collection next week, at the current price of £52,990 for white on black with standard wheels. Everything was set for collection, I'd been allocated the VIN and registration and was about to make the final payment (it was a cash purchase). On Saturday 4th March I spotted the report in this thread that Inventory stock for this specification has been reduced by £3,120 so I got in touch with Tesla via their Webchat and they put me in touch with the Staines Collection Centre who agreed to switch my order to the same spec car from Inventory at the reduced price, the only requirement was that I paid and collected the car within 7 days. That suited me fine as I had the cash waiting, and was happy to get the car a few days earlier than planned. I was allocated a new VIN and said that I could collect as soon as my payment cleared, so I made the payment on Saturday.

This morning (Monday) I contacted Webchat to confirm my payment had cleared, then they got the Staines Centre to phone me to confirm a 12.30pm pickup. All went very smoothly, with the car appearing in my Tesla app within seconds of signing to collect it. The car had 8 miles on the clock, 28% battery and a 23 registration plate. Brand new, with a £3K discount, for a final price of £49,870. Car's in great shape, with no dings, dents or even paint swirls that I can see. I've driven it home via LHR T5 Supercharger (that was a very easy process) as my home charger doesn't get installed until tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get some miles in later today after the software update is complete.

Thanks to all who flagged up the price reduction - I owe you a virtual beer. Boy, I'm a happy new Tesla owner.

Many thanks for the report earlier in this thread that Inventory stock has been reduced in price by £3k+.

I had a new MYLR on order for collection next week, at the current price of £52,990 for white on black with standard wheels. Everything was set for collection, I'd been allocated the VIN and registration and was about to make the final payment (it was a cash purchase). On Saturday 4th March I spotted the report in this thread that Inventory stock for this specification has been reduced by £3,120 so I got in touch with Tesla via their Webchat and they put me in touch with the Staines Collection Centre who agreed to switch my order to the same spec car from Inventory at the reduced price, the only requirement was that I paid and collected the car within 7 days. That suited me fine as I had the cash waiting, and was happy to get the car a few days earlier than planned. I was allocated a new VIN and said that I could collect as soon as my payment cleared, so I made the payment on Saturday.

This morning (Monday) I contacted Webchat to confirm my payment had cleared, then they got the Staines Centre to phone me to confirm a 12.30pm pickup. All went very smoothly, with the car appearing in my Tesla app within seconds of signing to collect it. The car had 8 miles on the clock, 28% battery and a 23 registration plate. Brand new, with a £3K discount, for a final price of £49,870. Car's in great shape, with no dings, dents or even paint swirls that I can see. I've driven it home via LHR T5 Supercharger (that was a very easy process) as my home charger doesn't get installed until tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get some miles in later today after the software update is complete.

Thanks to all who flagged up the price reduction - I owe you a virtual beer. Boy, I'm a happy new Tesla owner.
Well done Rob - glad to hear that the price transparency worked in your favour and you are enjoying the new ride. Don't go too mad with the right foot - so easy to be doing licence threatening speeds in the first few weeks! Enjoy.

Reactions: rob@rar
Hopefully not HW4
Well it wouldn't surprise me if HW4 started to appear widely on cars manufactured this quarter. It didn't take very long for Tesla to switch over from HW2.x to HW3, although in those days, they were not manufacturing quite so many. But now that HW4 is confirmed as being delivered on some cars. its just a matter of time.

Not surprising there is a price drop on cars if people are going to end up with legacy hardware before its even been delivered. Worth noting though that it took some time before the benefits of HW3 were being utilised and some regressions in capability when car apparently ran in HW2.x mode on HW3 - slow refresh on some cameras being one example - you could have hit a wall behind you a second before the rear view camera showed it.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Well it wouldn't surprise me if HW4 started to appear widely on cars manufactured this quarter. It didn't take very long for Tesla to switch over from HW2.x to HW3, although in those days, they were not manufacturing quite so many. But now that HW4 is confirmed as being delivered on some cars. its just a matter of time.

Not surprising there is a price drop on cars if people are going to end up with legacy hardware before its even been delivered. Worth noting though that it took some time before the benefits of HW3 were being utilised and some regressions in capability when car apparently ran in HW2.x mode on HW3 - slow refresh on some cameras being one example.
This happens with other manufacturers too, although possibly just not as fast or as visible?

A few years back we were about to order a Merc GLC but through my usual pre purchase hours of research… became aware that they were about to update to the new twin screen displays from the old analogue dials. Asking Mercedes about this before placing a pre-order we were met with silence, a complete break in communications when I questioned possibly waiting on the update. Needless to say we went elsewhere as didn’t want the legacy infotainment.

Not surprising there is a price drop on cars if people are going to end up with legacy hardware before its even been delivered. Worth noting though that it took some time before the benefits of HW3 were being utilised and some regressions in capability when car apparently ran in HW2.x mode on HW3 - slow refresh on some cameras being one example - you could have hit a wall behind you a second before the rear view camera showed it.
It’s a slippery slope. But, if someone purchases car and within 30 days HW4 is released, can they not return their car? Does consumer rights support it?

It’s a slippery slope. But, if someone purchases car and within 30 days HW4 is released, can they not return their car? Does consumer rights support it?
On what grounds?
You’ve got what you ordered.
I’m not having a go but again, this happens everywhere and both ways. Some you win and some you lose. We fixed our mortgage at 1.59% the day before the interest rates started and continued to rise. I bought an iPad the week before Apple released a new model.
Again, I get where you’re coming from but there will always be something better or newer.
In 2 years, half way through your 4 year PCP, they’ll bring out HW5.

Consumer distance selling is iirc 14 days

Obvs not business and I don’t know how some finance arrangements may affect things.

And possibly may not apply to inventory?
Yep this is the reason why Tesla waited 14 days into the new year before changing the prices in January, to stop people returning all the December under the 14 days consumer regulations.

• Informative
Reactions: aldo286 and CWT3LR
Not sure if this already discussed, or its new price cuts? This story seems to be reported within the last day.

Thankfully, for those with cars on order, as long as you do not change specification, Tesla have historically honoured price cuts to confirmed orders - rather than just a reservation etc

Last edited: