Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called it. I was actually way too conservative…

Model 3 prices have dropped as well:
  • Tesla Model 3: £48,490 -> £42,990 (-£5,500, -11.34%)
  • Tesla Model 3 Long Range: £57,490 -> £50,990 (-£6,500, -11.30%)
  • Tesla Model 3 Performance: £61,490 -> £57,990 (-£3,500, -5.69%)
So much for residuals lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Utumno and phil4
Fantastic news for those considering ordeing now or have yet to take delivery :). I collected my M3LR in December. Fortunatelty, I insulated myself slightly from this reduction as my order was made in March, before the final price rise of 2022. However, Tesla gave me £40k trade-in last month for my 2019 M3P and, viewing other threads here, I'd be unlikley to achieve that now.

Whilst I took delivery in early December at the higher price, I also got a solid trade in on my M3SR+. The interest rate has also gone up with the new prices. Overall with lower trade in and higher interest rate I haven’t missed out on much.
The new prices look attractive and are arguably more in line with the product and competition.

This is worse for used prices than general availability. They put lrides up and down like a blunt demand management weapon but it has knock on effects on used prices too

That 3LR is what I paid for mine in feb this year so it’s reverted to before the price hikes?

If only I’d had a recent motorway quite maybe I could have switched into a YLR cheaply. Ah well

After what Tesla did to the Model S overnight that time, people should expect them to adjust prices massively based on demand etc.

They have plenty of margin in the cars, and the prices are largely aspirational anyway, so it doesn’t really hurt them to knock these sorts of numbers off. It just hurts (or benefits) us, depending on when you buy.

These price cuts felt inevitable after China and other countries dropped theirs, and the December deliveries discount, together with the fact that they kept increasing prices in our zero interest World that doesn’t exist anymore.

Glad I was proven right (like a stopped clock)

Last edited:
Little annoyed, just ordered M3P last week!
If you’ve ordered but not taken delivery you’ll probably get the new price, Tesla typically honour the reductions to outstanding orders.

People moaning about it though, weren’t there widespread new inventory discounts of 3-5k available before the price drop plus 6k free supercharging miles for about a month? I’ll happily moan about the residual on mine in the residuals thread, but the deals have been there for a while (I’ve not checked the prices but they can’t be far apart, maybe these are a little more but presumably without the supercharging credit). Not saying it’s pretty, just that the change started to happen before Christmas