Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you were an early adopter with your M3. So, all this time you have been driving a Tesla.. lucky man.
I promised myself in 2015, that one day I would own a Tesla. That day arrived; 290622. MY LR red/white
I can understand hesitancy in changing for another model, I would not be in a rush either. However, as you now have three children, you have rightly plunged based, I would imagine on desire, need ( justification) and manageable finance.
I hope the ducks stay in their row and you go ahead.

The MY LR is a great car and on reflection, with your burgeoning brood, you may be changing to a MY 7 seater in the future😀.
PS Thought for the day: Wyfe and lyfe are better with a "y".

• Funny
Reactions: oneear and DeejUK
Well, you were an early adopter with your M3. So, all this time you have been driving a Tesla.. lucky man.
I promised myself in 2015, that one day I would own a Tesla. That day arrived; 290622. MY LR red/white
I can understand hesitancy in changing for another model, I would not be in a rush either. However, as you now have three children, you have rightly plunged based, I would imagine on desire, need ( justification) and manageable finance.

The MY LR is a great car and on reflection, with your burgeoning brood, you may be changing to a MY 7 seater in the future😀.
Oops: The above was intended for BelfastEV

The above was indented as a response to @ BelfastEV

Right on schedule, more Tesla price cuts at end of quarter, just as those that paid full price are receiving theirs.

£41.7k for brand new M3 on the tesla inventory page. MY still at the normal price.

Expect to see further discounts and/or free supercharger miles between now and the end of March.

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR
The 1 in inventory that has been discounted more than a ex-demo model. Got to ask why.

If this was a genuine price cut then I'd expect all cars to have been reduced.

Non-inventory cars still the same price as at the start of this thread.

Reactions: ringi
Cheap money has made it possible for all car manufacturers to push up the list price of their cars over many years. Ultimately your average buyer is only willing to pay a certain % of their monthly income on their vehicle and therefore car manufacturers will need to adjust their prices (list/finance/service plan offers etc) to match demand. What makes Tesla stand out is that because they don’t do discounts (in the traditional sense) they are pretty transparent in terms of their pricing strategy.

Last edited:
Are these unused cars?
Inventory stock is already registered, and with a limited odometer mileage - when I was ordering in late Jan/early Feb all the inventory cars had ‘less than 50 miles’ and were priced exactly the same as a new order, which unless you were desperate I can’t see why you would go for one when the lead times were only around a month for new.

So to answer your question; no they’re not unused and it doesn’t surprise me that they‘re now reduced in price especially with the new reg year released.

Inventory stock is already registered, and with a limited odometer mileage - when I was ordering in late Jan/early Feb all the inventory cars had ‘less than 50 miles’ and were priced exactly the same as a new order, which unless you were desperate I can’t see why you would go for one when the lead times were only around a month for new.

So to answer your question; no they’re not unused and it doesn’t surprise me that they‘re now reduced in price especially with the new reg year released.
So these are cars that have been registered the previous month but wasn't collected by anyone? So pre reg to tesla? My last car it was pre reg to dealer but got 3k discount.

Inventory stock is already registered, and with a limited odometer mileage
Not always. Mine was from inventory & was unregistered until the day I collected it. I think it was one of the surplus, unallocated cars from a ship-load that arrived around the time I placed my order for a new one, so I asked Tesla to reallocate me to the inventory car & saved me a few weeks waiting.