Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, Autopilot definitely does. It can be engaged less often when the sun is low in the sky, or when it's raining: so > 50% of the UK year. I'd be pretty hacked off if I commuted daily on the south-east/north-west motorway route that I often take which exposes these issues the most.
I would definitely agree it's not going forwards, all the developers moved off that branch of code in early 2020. Before then it used to be very obvious when they made changes, and they were in the release notes.

It really would seem to make no sense to me to suggest there is still someone making teeny tiny changes that are generally perceived as being negative yet amounting to nothing in particular over the last three years. Slightly adjusting the lane positioning left and right, adjusting the sensitivity etc. Surely it's more likely that it's the effect of the external environment, weather, roads, height of the sun and changes in the time of day you are driving. What would possibly be the purpose.

It’s a software stack. Parts of the stack are shared by all recent implementations, ie HW3. A change to one part of the stack, eg NN, may well have a significant impact on performance of other parts of the stack which may well have significant impact to general vehicle behaviour. Lots of evidence and Tesla themselves discussing significant changes to parts of the stack and people reporting identical behaviour changes to push the probability that something has changed - not same as wipers/AHB etc fixed after one drive though which may well be placebo.

Reactions: ringi and Exy1
Price drop is here again.... but am confused, 2 almost identical new cars, yet the one without the tow hitch over is £4k more expensive than the other... why?

Tesla prices 090623.jpg

I can only see 1 now and not at either of the prices. You’d need to use a third party site to check on the stuff they don’t tell you like build date. What’s kind of odd is the one that is listed that I can see seems to have a reg, but not classed as a demo.

Surely it's more likely that it's the effect of the external environment, weather, roads, height of the sun and changes in the time of day you are driving. What would possibly be the purpose.

I did get a HW2.5 upgrade last year. I thought the cause of the regression was generally well-accepted though - they stopped using radar input, meaning that if the cameras are dazzled or it's raining the forward depth perception goes?

I did get a HW2.5 upgrade last year. I thought the cause of the regression was generally well-accepted though - they stopped using radar input, meaning that if the cameras are dazzled or it's raining the forward depth perception goes?
Negligible difference from my perspective, the force on auto-wipers dry wiping is a pain, but no issues for me in rain. You would have to be up pretty early for low sun to be an issue surely?

Tempted again with an M3P. Can get a 23 plate ex-demo with less than 1K miles on the clock for 51K and that includes the full self driving and Tesla will also install a wall charger just now for free. Some kind of free wall charger install deal just now I take it?

Tempting! Feels like the highland release is close which would surely knock a bit off prices…..but it could also be 6 months away!

You would have to be up pretty early for low sun to be an issue surely?
Sadly not in winter. I moaned about it in another thread at the time, but for a few months either side of December, I can't go south-east down the M20 on autopilot in the morning, and I can't do the return journey north-west in the evening. Which sucks when that's the route I have to go!

Sadly not in winter. I moaned about it in another thread at the time, but for a few months either side of December, I can't go south-east down the M20 on autopilot in the morning, and I can't do the return journey north-west in the evening. Which sucks when that's the route I have to go!
Maybe a cameras on your X being more sensitive, the once of twice I've ever had it fuss has been for very clear reasons, and frankly I wouldn't have been trusting the radar version if it wanted to try.

Maybe a cameras on your X being more sensitive, the once of twice I've ever had it fuss has been for very clear reasons, and frankly I wouldn't have been trusting the radar version if it wanted to try.
🤷‍♂️ Possibly. Sounds like we have quite different experiences. All I know for sure is that my Model X now allows autopilot to be engaged in fewer circumstances, and if that's because of a dodgy camera, it doesn't improve my opinion of Tesla much more than the possibility of autopilot's software regressing.

Reactions: Rooster6655