Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they have apparently raised prices in the US and China for a second time this week

Europe seems to have been left alone (at least for the MY) so far but if anyone is still debating whether to pull the trigger or not...this might sway you to put that deposit down and lock in a price before it goes bonkers

Reactions: teaston
So they have apparently raised prices in the US and China for a second time this week

Europe seems to have been left alone (at least for the MY) so far but if anyone is still debating whether to pull the trigger or not...this might sway you to put that deposit down and lock in a price before it goes bonkers
Before petrol costs £2.50 a litre

The Tesla trade in estimate for my M3 has gone up by £1,500 since the price increases last week, maybe it will go up again before I get my MY! 😆

I don't think Tesla were the ones to say that and my statement was tongue in cheek anyway.
I think Tesla would claim their cars are already cheaper than ICE if you look at total cost of ownership. They may well be right.
One of my friends posted on social media the other day horrified that he just paid £88 to fill up his BMW. I didn't resist the temptation to say I just filled up my car as well and it cost £3.75. To be fair though he was using super unleaded and I was using economy electrons so its not an entirely fair comparison. :)
You should try charging with Super Electrons, 5% increase in power apparently and only a 50% increase in price…..coming to a service station fast charger near you soon ;)

Reactions: Lord Farquad
When was that quote?

It's way lower than the offer I'm accepting August 2019 LR with 23K miles £45,800. It climbed a lot after Christmas.
when did you get that?
I got offered £43.400 for a November 2019 LR with 21K miles about 2 weeks ago. Mine is bog standard White with aero 18"wheels.
I am waiting for them to review the pictures but not sure what they will get from those. its immaculate but 5 pictures aren't enough to know that one way or the other.

Is there a way to get it re-valued? might they actually Increase the offer when they come back to me?
Edit
having said that WBAC are at £36000 now. That has dropped £5000 since January 31st!! so maybe I should just stick with the quoteI have :)

Last edited:
Yeh new Tesla estimate is £43,200. That more than a few weeks ago. Can’t imagine Tesla will change the previous offer I’ve accepted.
They should do, the price they give is only an estimate, so it can go up or down between accepting it and trading it in. If they've now offered you £43,200 then that is what your new estimate should be.

I'm surprised you were able to get a new trade in price from them though, considering you've already accepted an estimate, I saved my for 7 days, and I couldn't run another trade in quote with them during those 7 days.

when did you get that?
I got offered £43.400 for a November 2019 LR with 21K miles about 2 weeks ago. Mine is bog standard White with aero 18"wheels.
I am waiting for them to review the pictures but not sure what they will get from those. its immaculate but 5 pictures aren't enough to know that one way or the other.

Is there a way to get it re-valued? might they actually Increase the offer when they come back to me?
29th Jan. It seems to be all locked in now, only the delivery date is in constant flux, so far it's been

March 2022
March 19-April 2
May 2nd -June 6th
March 2022
May 28 - June 25th

So no idea really, I've got about 4mm left on the rear tyres, I'm hoping they last.

29th Jan. It seems to be all locked in now, only the delivery date is in constant flux, so far it's been

March 2022
March 19-April 2
May 2nd -June 6th
March 2022
May 28 - June 25th

So no idea really, I've got about 4mm left on the rear tyres, I'm hoping they last.
Strange, I only ordered mine last week and it says May 08 - June 05. Have you ordered the Gemini wheels? Seems the Geminis are causing delays.