Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They should do, the price they give is only an estimate, so it can go up or down between accepting it and trading it in. If they've now offered you £43,200 then that is what your new estimate should be.

I'm surprised you were able to get a new trade in price from them though, considering you've already accepted an estimate, I saved my for 7 days, and I couldn't run another trade in quote with them during those 7 days.
You say that but once you accept the firm offer after the photos that price is "Valid for 60 days" which I take it to mean they will honour it (subject to mileage). Of course there is often more than 60 days between the offer and delivery. You have 7 days though to accept the firm offer not sure if waiting 6 days would extend the point at which your 60 days commences or not?

You say that but once you accept the firm offer after the photos that price is "Valid for 60 days" which I take it to mean they will honour it (subject to mileage). Of course there is often more than 60 days between the offer and delivery. You have 7 days though to accept the firm offer not sure if waiting 6 days would extend the point at which your 60 days commences or not?
They don't have to honour it, it says that the price is just an estimate and could change by the time you actually trade it in. Quote:

"I acknowledge that this is an estimated value for my trade-in, and that it can change significantly based on market conditions and the vehicle’s final odometer reading at the time of delivery. Tesla will provide a final offer approximately two weeks prior to the delivery date."

Ah well. I’ve asked them to adjust the trade in as per the current estimate. See what happens. They can only say no! Would be the difference between AB and no AB.

Loving some people calling the Y blobby 😂 Seen it on a YouTube video the other day. I do prefer the look of the 3. But need the blobby boot.

They don't have to honour it, it says that the price is just an estimate and could change by the time you actually trade it in. Quote:

"I acknowledge that this is an estimated value for my trade-in, and that it can change significantly based on market conditions and the vehicle’s final odometer reading at the time of delivery. Tesla will provide a final offer approximately two weeks prior to the delivery date."
My quote contained a link to faqs which say

How long is the trade-in offer valid?
An Estimated Offer is valid for 7 days. Once an Estimated Offer is applied to an order it will convert into a Final Offer, which is valid for 60 days.

Reactions: teaston
Anyone want to do a bit of detective work to try and work out how their offers change with config?

I'll start:
- 2019 Plate P-, listed as "Dual Motor Performance AWD"
- Blue
- FSD added after purchase

£49,800

Anyone want to do a bit of detective work to try and work out how their offers change with config?

I'll start:
- 2019 Plate P-, listed as "Dual Motor Performance AWD"
- Blue
- FSD added after purchase

£49,800
I think FSD and EAP add nothing, as it is just software that Tesla can add themselves for free.

Performance model doesn't hold value as well as LR.

After asking other members with similar age LR to me to do quotes we found that the optinal extra paint and interior on mine had pretty much held their value completely! I would assume that wheels will also.

I think FSD and EAP add nothing, as it is just software that Tesla can add themselves for free.

Performance model doesn't hold value as well as LR.

After asking other members with similar age LR to me to do quotes we found that the optinal extra paint and interior on mine had pretty much held their value completely! I would assume that wheels will also.
Tesla said FSD was factored in an earnings call last year, but I'm trying to work that out.

Performance seems to be holding its value OK as I paid £51k in 2019.

Reactions: Rooster6655
New buyer is looking for which Model Y to order……

DF3820A2-319A-4535-A24C-BF558FA345DC.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: UrbanSplash
Tesla said FSD was factored in an earnings call last year, but I'm trying to work that out.

Performance seems to be holding its value OK as I paid £51k in 2019.
Yes in that way it’s holding its value well, but compared to the current new P price, your quote is £10k less, whereas 2019 LR quotes are only around £5k less than the current new price.

Yes in that way it’s holding its value well, but compared to the current new P price, your quote is £10k less, whereas 2019 LR quotes are only around £5k less than the current new price.
The price of the P+ was £50k in 2019, he also said he has a P- which is basically a LR with performance acceleration. I expect a full P+ would be worth slightly more.

Last edited: