Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a P at the start of the week due to the good trade in prices, initial delivery estimate 29 May to 26 June which will be beyond the 60 days. I'm trying to find out if the 60 days is from the time you submit your trade in, or 60 days from them reviewing the photos and confirming the price, if it's the latter then it might just work out.
The period is detailed in the T&C's linked to your original estimate. They can be found here:

Point 4a states "The Seller shall deliver the Trade-in Vehicle, and Tesla shall take possession of the same, at a location indicated by Tesla. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between Tesla and Seller, delivery of the Trade-in Vehicle shall take place within 60 calendar days following Tesla’s provision of the Final Offer. The Trade-in Vehicle will be delivered to Tesla at the same time as the delivery of the Tesla Vehicle"

Reactions: seadog
If I do get my trade in quote I will have lost around £2K on my current car which I'm very happy with for 2 years of ownership, will still have a reasonable amount to add for a new one due to price increase and no grant this time, but I will have all the 2021 spec additions and hopefully all the 2022 additions as well so will have quite a lot of upgrades for the money as well as 2 year newer car with larger battery and another 2 years warranty, so still appears good value for money to me.

I keep flip flopping between thinking I'll wait to see what (if anything) Berln brings, assuming RHDs are even manufactured there - which I'm doubtful of, but others aren't, and thinking that ~£10k cost to change isn't the end of the world for all of the upgrades and 2 years extra warranty.

I think if I'd still had my £55,700 valuation I'd have man maths'd it and pulled the trigger today.

I will also admit I'm envious of LR etc owners who have basically just been able to replace their car at no or nominal cost.
When did your valuation go down?

Point 4a states "The Seller shall deliver the Trade-in Vehicle, and Tesla shall take possession of the same, at a location indicated by Tesla. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between Tesla and Seller, delivery of the Trade-in Vehicle shall take place within 60 calendar days following Tesla’s provision of the Final Offer. The Trade-in Vehicle will be delivered to Tesla at the same time as the delivery of the Tesla Vehicle"
So does the bold text mean the initial amount quoted when you submit your trade in details, or the confirmed value once they review the photos? Giving it says "final offer" I would take that to be the latter? If so that's promising as I've heard it's taking 2-4 weeks for them to come back with a confirmed price.

Well everyone, I think I'm the biggest sucker here.

I was umming and aahhing for the past 2-3 weeks about placing my order. I had in my mind the exact configuration I wanted, but I kept delaying to see if the timing of the delivery became more favourable to me since I was willing to have a bit of cross over between my current lease end date and expected delivery (4-5 months cross over max), but not too much.

So this time last week, everything was roughly aligned - the configuration had a November 2022 delivery date (ok for me) but I still didn't pull the trigger for god knows what reason. Then last Tuesday comes around and the same configuration I was looking at bumped up 5K in price! FFS... and only THEN did I pull the damn trigger. I could theoretically just wait another 4-5 months and place my order so the lease end aligns, but honestly, I HATE driving around a dinosaur guzzler and just want to have my Tesla now (well, within reason and preferably not have to pay tooo much in lease cancellations - it was a fine balancing act in the end!).

Basically, I did the equivalent of FOMO'ing into stock while it's peaking... what an idiot.

Anyway, I have a few TSLA chairs so it evens out because price increases are good for the company. And I'm happy and excited so that matters most to me!

Well everyone, I think I'm the biggest sucker here.

I was umming and aahhing for the past 2-3 weeks about placing my order. I had in my mind the exact configuration I wanted, but I kept delaying to see if the timing of the delivery became more favourable to me since I was willing to have a bit of cross over between my current lease end date and expected delivery (4-5 months cross over max), but not too much.

So this time last week, everything was roughly aligned - the configuration had a November 2022 delivery date (ok for me) but I still didn't pull the trigger for god knows what reason. Then last Tuesday comes around and the same configuration I was looking at bumped up 5K in price! FFS... and only THEN did I pull the damn trigger. I could theoretically just wait another 4-5 months and place my order so the lease end aligns, but honestly, I HATE driving around a dinosaur guzzler and just want to have my Tesla now (well, within reason and preferably not have to pay tooo much in lease cancellations - it was a fine balancing act in the end!).

Basically, I did the equivalent of FOMO'ing into stock while it's peaking... what an idiot.

Anyway, I have a few TSLA chairs so it evens out because price increases are good for the company. And I'm happy and excited so that matters most to me!
Why not order a Model Y for the same price? It will hold its value a lot better than the Model 3.

Why not order a Model Y for the same price? It will hold its value a lot better than the Model 3.
I don't care much for SUV's (or crossover, etc.). I like sporty sedans and being lower to the ground - better driving experience (for me at least). Guess I just enjoy driving (which is also why I don't care much for FSD - from a drivers POV - it's good for business, of course).

Reactions: Smidgeon
I don't care much for SUV's (or crossover, etc.). I like sporty sedans and being lower to the ground - better driving experience (for me at least). Guess I just enjoy driving (which is also why I don't care much for FSD - from a drivers POV - it's good for business, of course).
Furry muff.

The MY handles really well though, I couldn’t notice any difference to my M3, apart from the higher driving position.

To think I bought a 2nd hand model 3 SR (after refresh, heatpump, chrome delete, one of the last out of the USA, build Nov 2020) in March 2021, paid £38,700. It had 200 miles on the clock. Was trucked from Scotland to the collection at Thorpe Park. I had actually thought put down £100 on a pre-refresh silver one for £37900 (no tow hitch).
It was white, black interior, but included the £1000 optional tow-hitch. Is that one of the biggest bargains here! It's probably appreciated £5000 given the current 2nd hand price. It's done just under 5000 miles now.
I don't think since you can even get a 3 with a tow-hitch... so quite rare too!
Was 2nd hand and the only "minor" damage was the back of the drivers seat - some kid with scratchy shoes (gravel) had scuffed a tiny bit of the plastic. There were 2x 2mm dents in the metal paint in the drivers door sill (where it says Tesla) - had taken the paint off too. Tesla touched this up for free on a service as I'd noted them on day 1.

Last edited:
I imagine that the M3 Performance is now making a lot more sense with the price increases. Only 5K difference now between that and the LR.
Having driven all 3. The SR+ is nice and fast. The LR is brilliant (probably safer in bad road conditions due to the added FWD) The performance is just brutal. Especially in the 0-40 range.
The performance gives you:
- slightly faster 0-60. 3.5 instead of about 4.2. (but you can buy half the difference as I understand for the LR for about £1000).
- performance brakes
- different tyres and rims? (and given that M3's don't have hydraulic dampers the ride will be less comfortable)
- a spoiler (available on ebay for £80 or so)
- an underline under dual motor (so what)
Negatives:
- slightly worse economy (due to the performance tyres and rims)
Anything else? For me the performance above the LR has always been relatively pointless, and too fast! It's a status symbol. Tesla should come up with more things to differentiate it. Longer range. Hydraulic damping? It's never been worth £8-10k more. It's right the £ difference is less imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smidgeon
Having driven all 3. The SR+ is nice and fast. The LR is brilliant, probably safer in bad road conditions due to the added motor) The performance is brutal.
The performance gives you:
- slightly faster 0-60. 3.5 instead of about 4.2. (but you can buy half the difference as I understand for the LR for about £1000).
- performance brakes
- different tyres and rims? (and given that M3's don't have hydraulic dampers the ride will be less comfortable)
- a spoiler (available on ebay for £80 or so)
- an underline under dual motor (so what)
Negatives:
- slightly worse economy (due to the performance tyres and rims)
Anything else? For me the performance above the LR has always been relatively pointless, and too fast! It's a status symbol. Tesla should come up with more things to differentiate it. Longer range. Hydraulic damping? It's never been worth £8-10k more. It's right the £ difference is less imho.
They do have hydraulic dampers, do you mean adaptive dampers?