Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD of 2 weeks. This will be a rush to get the private plate off

All the paperwork was done and dusted (including physical new V5 to be able to scan and upload) within that time for me. However, my bank is happy to send a large wodge of money in one go, and delays for various reasons mean that was only done 3PM day before collection ... if yours has £10K a day limit that might be a snag (presumably not a problem if car is lease etc.)

Got the plate reassigned to the new car online which seemed to work as soon as I had the new car. In old days had to wait for physical V5 for new car before that could be done.

Pretty sure even that is refundable. Tesla can’t just ignore UK law regarding distance selling regulations.
Seems so, but they seem to pitch it as an "order processing fee" rather than a deposit. Maybe I'm thinking of other countries ...

All the paperwork was done and dusted (including physical new V5 to be able to scan and upload) within that time for me. However, my bank is happy to send a large wodge of money in one go, and delays for various reasons mean that was only done 3PM day before collection ... if yours has £10K a day limit that might be a snag (presumably not a problem if car is lease etc.)

Got the plate reassigned to the new car online which seemed to work as soon as I had the new car. In old days had to wait for physical V5 for new car before that could be done.

Seems so, but they seem to pitch it as an "order processing fee" rather than a deposit. Maybe I'm thinking of other countries ...
I’m only sending 6k as my trade in is 49k which is £600 more than I paid for it 6 months ago 😁

Well the Trade-In game seems to have come to an end
50292FAC-8F73-4B34-AF38-78FEF1859974.jpeg

M3P orders were still May 2022 last I checked. That ought to be within 60 days. Other models/specs may vary.

I was getting very keen when the delta to change was just under £10k, albeit trading down FSD to EAP (which is basically the same thing in the UK), but my trade in quote has dropped from £55,700 to £53,800 (still more than I'd expect to get privately) so it's just pushed it out of my mind for the time being.

M3P orders were still May 2022 last I checked. That ought to be within 60 days. Other models/specs may vary.
I ordered a P at the start of the week due to the good trade in prices, initial delivery estimate 29 May to 26 June which will be beyond the 60 days. I'm trying to find out if the 60 days is from the time you submit your trade in, or 60 days from them reviewing the photos and confirming the price, if it's the latter then it might just work out.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Yeah, late May and June would definitely be a problem. I think its a hard 60 days from the point the trade in price is offered, I think (so includes the 7 days you have to apply it to your order), but I might be mistaken. June would be more in keeping with Tesla's quarterly pushes.

When I was looking into this before I did ask whether it was possible to hand over the car within the 60 day window and wait the additional time for the replacement car to come, but was told that wasn't possible. Makes sense I suppose because you might reject the new car, and Tesla would be "stuck" with your old car that they've given you an inflated price for on the basis you were buying another car from them.

At the same I'm not sure what value there is in Tesla quoting trade in prices at all if it's impossible to get a car in the valuation window.

I'm hoping the price is not too different if I do need a revaluation, you would think Tesla would not want to upset customers by giving them a drastically reduced offer especially as new prices have gone up, I know the P is still the same but you would think with LR prices increasing there may be a small increase in value of the P as well to maintain a price difference. The salesman did say they usually hold the price if delivery is within a few days of the 60, otherwise I would get a new trade in price and would get my £100 deposit refunded if I was not happy with it.

I'm hoping the price is not too different if I do need a revaluation, you would think Tesla would not want to upset customers by giving them a drastically reduced offer especially as new prices have gone up, I know the P is still the same but you would think with LR prices increasing there may be a small increase in value of the P as well to maintain a price difference. The salesman did say they usually hold the price if delivery is within a few days of the 60, otherwise I would get a new trade in price and would get my £100 deposit refunded if I was not happy with it.
I would not assume any kind of consistency or logic with Tesla to be honest.

I would agree with what you're saying in principal, but at the same time I imagine Tesla knows that whatever car they're building for you (which they're just building anyway, and just happening to allocate to you) wil sell regardless of whatever you decide to do, so it seems more likely that it'll dispassionately be "this is the new trade in valuation, take it or leave it".

Fingers crossed its preserved for you though :)

Yes I agree, I'm hoping I'm right more than thinking I'm right. As you say Tesla will be able to sell the car regardless, although P's are obviously not as popular as they once were given the short lead time compared to standard and LR's, but I would not be surprised to see a fair increase in P sales again now the price difference is at a much more realistic level.

Reactions: Durzel
I keep flip flopping between thinking I'll wait to see what (if anything) Berln brings, assuming RHDs are even manufactured there - which I'm doubtful of, but others aren't, and thinking that ~£10k cost to change isn't the end of the world for all of the upgrades and 2 years extra warranty.

I think if I'd still had my £55,700 valuation I'd have man maths'd it and pulled the trigger today.

I will also admit I'm envious of LR etc owners who have basically just been able to replace their car at no or nominal cost.

Reactions: seadog