Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Used Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - I get the email from tesla info...
I presume it's website update etc, rather than a massive rush in sales, or scrappage..

With no new orders being delivered until at least End of November for the model 3 people will consider a used model S. I also wouldn’t underestimate people buying multiple vehicles for businesses or even reselling.

seems very strange - still no used cars on the GB site at all! Although I see that the US site is working normally. Has anyone got any idea what is going on?

Agreed, I think it's super strange. I just put in an order a week and a bit ago, and a few days later no stock left on the site. Had a feeling I was fooled by online scammers or something.

Also slightly unrelated but I was suppose to pick up the car today as scheduled and annoyingly they called to say it wasn't available and that they had issues with transportation. No idea when it will be ready but I've already got an insurance policy on the vehicle since I was due to have it today etc. very inconvenient. Could still be a huge scam.. :eek:

I took another look and realised that all of the European sites seem to be the same - nothing there. I guess it might all be run out of Tesla in the Netherlands, so there could be a common point there. Tesla UK seem to lack enough staff to be able to communicate with people at all, in my direct experience of the last few months since actually managing to buy a used Tesla from the UK site, though I did actually get my car.

They might have had some IT issues, or cyber security related issue meaning they decided to take it off-line while fixing it, or have an IT upgrade that has gone wrong. Most likely is that it will probably just re-appear again, but it would an interesting discussion to listen in on when the European head of used car sales has to explain that sales are 'somewhat less' for October, he will probably want to take the IT service manager into the boardroom with him. I wonder if it will be a bit like the Apprentice TV show? "who is to blame for this cock up?"

Very odd, 45 cars came on a week ago, at the same time, now none for several days. Suggests this is not a live system, and is being centrally controlled, with what intent I do not know.
At the moment, Tesla can afford to act like prima donnas. Model 3 is the best car out there. If and when VW are selling the ID.3 in volume, so you can actually buy them and get them within 2-3 months, people will have the option to walk away if they feel messed about. Tesla had better be ready.

Very odd, 45 cars came on a week ago, at the same time, now none for several days.
Since the last ship delivered to EU at the end of september, and there was a massive rush to book end of quarter sales - why would you expect to see cars now? There will have been a few refused deliveries, returns within 7 days and damaged in transit, all these are now sold. The only chance of inventory now will be cancellations by people who decide not to wait another 4 weeks, where the car does not get re-allocated to someone already waiting.

Since the last ship delivered to EU at the end of september, and there was a massive rush to book end of quarter sales - why would you expect to see cars now? There will have been a few refused deliveries, returns within 7 days and damaged in transit, all these are now sold. The only chance of inventory now will be cancellations by people who decide not to wait another 4 weeks, where the car does not get re-allocated to someone already waiting.

you are referring to new inventory listings for model 3, the used inventory listings is likely meant for model s I believe

Reactions: tsh2
There have been no used model S available from Tesla in the UK for a week.

It seems that the web site works normally for New inventory cars (very low delivery mileage only) so I dont think its an IT issue.
The lack of used cars being offered could be some change of focus at this time. Either they have been overwhelmed with model 3 delivery/trade in/staff issues/whatever, perhaps the volume of used model S has become too much for them to handle in some way, perhaps they were just sitting on too much used and 'new' inventory. Perhaps they just ran out of space!
It will be interesting to see whether the lack of used cars from Tesla is a short term blip or part of something else.

I wonder if Tesla have got a pool of used cars that they may resume selling once they have a better handle on supply/demand issues or whether they just decided to clear the decks, the used inventory could have been cleared through auction channels.