Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra High Fidelity Sound Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The inventory car I just picked up came with the above and I am experiencing something weird: For some audio sources (internet radios, pandora over USB) but not all, the sound comes out completely unbalanced, ie very much anchored around the front speakers on the driver side.

To be able to hear the sound in the "center" of the car for a more harmonious, well, sound, I have to slide everything way towards the right rear...we're talking -12/-9.

The puzzling part is that for other sources (FM/AM) the sound is perfectly "centered" by default (which leads me to believe that I do not have an hearing problem...)

Are others experiencing this? It's pain to have to adjust everything if/when you change your music source and it just doesn't feel right.

I recommend getting a Premium Account with Spotify - most of the others are highly compressed - Spotify has a 320Kbps Premium account that sounds better than Pandora, Slacker, Apple and the bottom of the barrel audio quality of XM Satellite radio. I got the unlimited for the whole family plan for $15 per month.

Music for everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
That's interesting, turning off Dolby does help some...still not "good", but better. I'll look into Spotify, thanks for the pointer.

I am still puzzled as to why Pandora via USB or BT sounds worse than in my other cars using the exact same set-up...what's so special with the Tesla set-up? you'd think that they would be on par with other premium brands when it comes to delivery decent sound out of the box.

I'm sure it's an audio quality issue or EQ issue in the app. The sound system is good, but it's so good that it amplifies poor quality content.

96 Kbps is like hot dogs 320 Kbps is like Filet Mignon. Feed this system Filet Mignon!

I'm having the exact same experience with my Model X. I don't feel like the sound is very good at all and I certainly consider myself to be an audiophile. Frankly, it's very disappointing and I'm not even sure I have the UHFS even though I certainly paid for it.