Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you sell the material do you have any recommendations to clean it? I have a few blue jean marks on mine and some grease from the last SC visit.

Blue jean stain is one of the toughest (but not impossible) stains to remove. I have always used a dish soap/water mix to clean my interior materials. You'd be surprised how well that works. A quarter size drop of dish soap and water in a spray bottle. Mix it, then spray and wipe. You can even follow up with straight water, if you'd like. Material won't be harmed and it will come clean like new. Here is a link to Ultraleather's cleaning instructions straight from the manufacturer.

Beware of some of the "interior" cleaners... Armor All is known throughout the upholstery industry as horrible stuff. It will destroy any vinyl or leather it touches. You won't know it when you do it, but 6-12 months later it won't be a pretty sight.

I also use (on vinyl and leather, but not Ultraleather) Sprayway Vinyl/Leather Cleaner. It has mink oil in it, and will restore the finish to original finish (shiny, matte, or whatever it originally was). Great stuff. We also recommend Sprayway Glass Cleaner for the glass... and I was delighted to see a can of it in DS's desk when I took delivery of my Tesla. :)

Hope that helps!

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
@ahkahn thanks for the additional information on this material. The care instructions uses the name of "ultrafabrics" instead of "ultraleather" and I like this former name better. I think the latter name can be very misleading.

Ultrafabrics is the manufacturer's name, and Ultraleather is the product name. So, it's Ultraleather by Ultrafabrics. I agree, for the average consumer it can be misleading... What's really misleading is when an auto manufacturer sells you a "leather-appointed" interior or "leatherette"... Those are BS names. Only about 10% of it is genuine leather, and the rest is vinyl. You'd never know though... I could show you genuine leather you would swear is vinyl and vinyl you'd swear is genuine leather (like Ultraleather).

@ahkahn this is great— Thank you! I just order a few samples to play with: duability and cleaning tests.

Since you sell the material do you have any recommendations to clean it? I have a few blue jean marks on mine and some grease from the last SC visit.

Assuming this is the actual product— here are the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions:
https://intranet.ultrafabricsinc.com/img/pages/care_and_cleaning/CleaningInstructions.pdf

Of course, you may want to inquire with Tesla if the have different instructions. ;-)

(Edit: looks like this care link may have been linked above also. Regardless— thank you @ahkahn!)

@ahkahn this is great— Thank you! I just order a few samples to play with: duability and cleaning tests.

Assuming this is the actual product— here are the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions:
https://intranet.ultrafabricsinc.com/img/pages/care_and_cleaning/CleaningInstructions.pdf

Of course, you may want to inquire with Tesla if the have different instructions. ;-)

(Edit: looks like this care link may have been linked above also. Regardless— thank you @ahkahn!)

You're welcome! Tesla did actually echo those cleaning instructions to me... before they knew my business.

Attachments

• 12206806-BDAD-4A00-A256-9D2916DCACC8.jpeg
    12206806-BDAD-4A00-A256-9D2916DCACC8.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 273
The white seats are really beautiful until you wear new black jeans on them....then not so much. This picture was taken after two hours of using about every known method to clean them. Soap/water, Alcohol, multiple leather cleaners, industrial fabric cleaner....nothing works. Be warned...no dark/black jeans on white seats!!! Needless to say, my wife will never wear black jeans again in our S!!!
driver seat.jpg

The white seats are really beautiful until you wear new black jeans on them....then not so much. This picture was taken after two hours of using about every known method to clean them. Soap/water, Alcohol, multiple leather cleaners, industrial fabric cleaner....nothing works. Be warned...no dark/black jeans on white seats!!! Needless to say, my wife will never wear black jeans again in our S!!!View attachment 289700
I wear ONLY jeans. Always. My white seats are still perfectly white after 1 year. Buy better jeans. Or, wash the cheap ones before wearing.

I have also been wearing all sorts of jeans on my white seats with no problems. Medium wash, dark wash, black, tan. One pair resulted in a little bit of shading that came off in seconds with some 91% isopropyl. Otherwise there has been no issue whatever.