Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Needs Resetting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the UMC that came supplied with my car but I find it often needs to be reset. The cars no charging and when I check on it, there's a slow flashing red light on the UMC.

I now use it with a 32A tail but before I got the tail the problem would happen with the 10A tail, too.

Powering it off and on fixes it but it is annoying. It doesn't happen all the time but at least once every couple of days.

Do others see this or could mine be faulty.

The 32A tail plugs into a dedicated circuit. Previously I had the 10A tail in a regular GPO. Seems odd that both of these would have problems.

According to the manual it is a ground fault. I can go days without a problem so it doesn't seem to be an issue with either socket - unless the whole house has a ground problem.

As it is intermittent, trying it somewhere else may not prove much.

Agree with flatbat, if both tails are faulting you have to try it elsewhere to determine which is at fault, the house or the umc. Alternatively you could get someone to check if your house earth connection working as it should. You can get relatively cheap gpo plugs with lights that tell you if there is an earth problem.

According to the manual it is a ground fault. I can go days without a problem so it doesn't seem to be an issue with either socket - unless the whole house has a ground problem.
If there's an intermittent issue with the ground, your ground stake might be marginal (so it works when the soil is wetter, but not when it dries out a bit). This tends to be indicative that there's a problem with the MEN link in your switchboard / distribution board.