Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to charge using NEMA 14-50 outlet in garage and Mobile Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem in for this OP was that the electrician did not connect the ground in the panel to the neutral. As @davewill says, the ground for the outlet must be bonded to neutral in the main panel, not at the outlet. It wasn't clear where the electrician was saying it was connected.

For your question, it's unclear what your issue is, and as indicated above, pictures would be helpful.

1) Pictures

2) Any messages indicated in the vehicle?

3) Picture of the light sequence on the UMC. (I assume we're talking about a UMC.)

Good luck. In any case this should be a pretty simple issue to solve unless your house has a pre-existing electrical issue.
I read this to electrician, talked him through it and he fixed it. It was not grounded properly at the breaker rather than outlet. You guys are better than Tesla and all the other professionals.

I read this to electrician, talked him through it and he fixed it. It was not grounded properly at the breaker rather than outlet. You guys are better than Tesla and all the other professionals.

Really glad to hear it was an easy fix. I am not surprised to hear it was not done properly by a professional. That's not unusual. Enjoy your car.

Reactions: davewill