Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Delete FM Favorite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody explain to me how I can delete this one FM Favorite? Tesla customer support cannot :mad:
tesla_fmfave.jpg

Here's the story:
For many years, one of my local radio stations (KFOG) was broadcast on two frequencies. The primary is/was 104.5 and the simulcast was 97.7 and I had both of them saved in my Favorites list. Then on May 31st KFOG stopped using 97.7.
I have tried deselecting the star icon as well as pressing/holding/swiping on the station name. As you can see in the photo, deselecting the star icon did successfully remove all of the other stations in my Favorites list, but not this one.
I have had several phone conversations and email exchanges with Tesla customer support however they have been unable to offer a solution.
Please help!
Thanks,
-Mark

Tap the station, it should then show a filled-in star on the menu. Tap the star, done. At least that worked last time I did it a few months ago after being confused for a bit...

Now, if someone could tell me how to find the song my wife DOWNVOTED and (a) get it to play it again and (b) upvote it because I really enjoyed it, I'd be thrilled. Instead my car is suddenly mixing in tons of Christmas music....

• Funny
Reactions: srredbeard
Assume you’ve tried rebooting in case it’s a software stuck sort of issue?
Yes, I have rebooted several times. No joy.

Tap the station, it should then show a filled-in star on the menu. Tap the star, done.
Nope, selecting and/or de-selecting the star does not remove this station.

Now, if someone could tell me how to find the song my wife DOWNVOTED and (a) get it to play it again and (b) upvote it because I really enjoyed it.
Simple. Press the right steering wheel button and say "Play Yellow Submarine by the Beatles" (or whatever the song and artist was). Once Slacker is playing the song just hit the thumbs-up button. Note that you may need to request the song several times (be persistent),. but it will play and can then up-vote it.
Merry Christmas :p

• Funny
Reactions: rpiotro and Dr. J
Companies pay phone/computer/tv manufacturers to include uninstallable apps all the time. Perhaps tesla is getting into that game and 97.7 paid tesla to make their station an unremovable favorite.

PS - this is both a joke, and my worst fear. It seems inevitable that tesla will realize how much money there is to be made from putting advertisements on that big screen.

I finally figured it out!
Apparently the difficulty deleting this station has to do with it being HD radio and specifically that it's the station's "HD2" channel. The new station broadcasting on 97.7, KJLV, has multiple HD channels (as does KFOG). However for some unknown reason only the HD1 station is displayed in the Model 3's Station list, the HD2 and HD3 channels are not shown. Anyway, while scrolling through the channels this evening I discovered that I was able to Direct Tune to KJLV's HD2 channel by keying-in 97.7 and then using the " >l " (seek/skip) button to advance to the next channel. Once it auto-tuned from the HD1 to the HD2 channel I selected the star icon and then de-seleted the star... Voila, the favorite disappeared :D I still have no idea why I couldn't simply delete the original Favorite by just de-selecting the star.
-Mark

• Informative
Reactions: dcfas and Runt8
I am having same reason, one of the icons I got music from will no tune in, so I hit the star at the top so not darkened, but still there, can't get it off.\
I id try holding my finger on it but nothing happened will try to hold it harder and longer to see if that will get rid of it.
I listen to Classical music and Tunein is not hosting stations I want, I had it 3 months ago, but it disappeared. I can only assume since I am getting Tunein for free for a year, they are limiting me statins, and if that the case I won't pay for it when this is up, I will just use my cell phone to listen on my link to the music app.