Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to make it to Kettleman on Performance Model Y (from Fremont to LA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have a Performance Model Y and on the trip to LA i don't think i've ever have enough to stop at Kettleman... i average about 310 Wh/mi traveling 80mph... honestly i don't mind the Harris Ranch stop, but i do wish that it when by quicker. Anyone else have a Performance Model Y that able to make it to Kettleman without having people running you off the road?

I make that drive all the time, secret sauce is keeping it at 65mph and not going over.

I can also make the drive thru to vegas from OC...
More power to you no pun intended… :) the least I could do is 70 all the way but my passenger get inpatient. Someday I’ll make the stop to the Mecca (Kettleman)

I forgot to mention I have the original 74 kWh pack, I think the new MY have larger packs

• Funny
Reactions: mkhalasi85
More power to you no pun intended… :) the least I could do is 70 all the way but my passenger get inpatient. Someday I’ll make the stop to the Mecca (Kettleman)

I forgot to mention I have the original 74 kWh pack, I think the new MY have larger packs

310x184miles = 57 kWh. You can’t squeeze 57kwh from your 74 pack? Seems weird. My LR got there all the way from San Bruno, doing 80 on 280 in the rain, then 90 on i5 since it seemed I would have plenty charges left, and get there with 14% left.

Getting to Kettleman from Cupertino in my old 75D wasn't such a big deal. Yes you want to avoid really going hard, but I was keeping up with the flow of 70-72mph in Chill Mode with a family+dog on board. I used to start with 95% (about 220 miles then) and get there with 15% or so. Keeping up with the flow of traffic smoothly doesn't seem to hurt so much as repeated rapid accelerations.