Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unable to reset PIN for firmware tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
I was unable to log into the Firmware Tracker. Followed the instructions to check the box, but an hour has passed and I have seen no message in either email or here on TMC.

Anyone know how long it should take to get a PIN reset message?

Thanks.

Thanks! I guess I assumed it was some sort of automated process as on most web sites. So I was worried that my request had not gone anywhere when nothing happened in an hour or so. My apologies for being impatient!

Thanks! I guess I assumed it was some sort of automated process as on most web sites. So I was worried that my request had not gone anywhere when nothing happened in an hour or so. My apologies for being impatient!

It is automatic, but when sending an automatic PM via TMC with the PIN reset info, there's about a 30% failure (reject) rate, so sometimes the messages just don't get through. Which is exactly why I recently added the feature to add your email address for PIN reset/recovery and API firmware update notices. Sending emails has about 99.9% success rate.

Reactions: David29