Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to turn on climate from any app - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you delete the Tesla app and only use Remote S to start the climate, does it work better?

It makes no difference which app I use, including Visible Telsa, Teslafi or a direct REST request from a computer, or any of the phone apps. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the car, especially given the slow start up of climate even manually.

It is intermittent also - lately, I never know when it is going to work.

50.2 Firmware.

This is happening to me. 50.2 tried multiple apps. Battery charging seems unusually sluggish and a/c preheat keeps turning off and once app said "Unable to turn on climate" the outside temp is only about 40 F.
Odd

Last edited:
This happened to me on 2 consecutive mornings. Not plugged in, 40% and 70% charge level. Turns on for 10 seconds and then goes back off. I did a reboot of the screen and it seems to work after that. Not sure if reboot fixed it or it was just an intermittent issue.

Using Tesla app, Remote S or Teslafi, when I turn on climate, it stays on for 5-10 seconds and then shuts off. 90% charge, plugged in or not, makes no difference.

Wondering if this is local to me, or if anyone else is seeing this?

I noticed this and found it happens if I had climate off when last in the car, if I make sure it was on when last in the car then I can turn it on from the app, otherwize I can turn it on from app but shuts off after a few seconds. Did not use to work this way but it aparrently does now.

Reactions: jdw