Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncommanded acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a situation where I was decelerating slowly and still had my foot on the accelerator slightly. I then needed to come to a stop and found myself depressing the accelerator.

I think because I was slowing down, my ICE-trained muscle memory thought I had my foot on the brake rather than the accelerator, so I think I subconsciously assumed that by pushing what I thought was the brake pedal more was the correct action. No harm done and quickly resolved but an interesting experience.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I’ve had a situation where I was decelerating slowly and still had my foot on the accelerator slightly. I then needed to come to a stop and found myself depressing the accelerator.

I think because I was slowing down, my ICE-trained muscle memory thought I had my foot on the brake rather than the accelerator, so I think I subconsciously assumed that by pushing what I thought was the brake pedal more was the correct action. No harm done and quickly resolved but an interesting experience.
When you press the accelerator of an ICE car you get sound, vibration, and a fraction of a second second lag before you speed up. It's clear what's happening due to sensory feedback, and you have time to take it all in. With a Tesla, you get smooth, silent, instant acceleration that almost seems like it isn't you that's doing it. That's my take on it, anyway.

Reactions: SSonnentag