Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding Trump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread. I tend to take this approach when discussing politics: If someone asks me if I support candidate X or Y, I respond with, “On which issue?”

Those who blindly support a candidate or party (which sadly seems to be a majority these days) typically look confused at that point.

Political discussions should be about issues and how we solve them. No party or candidate has a lock on all of the right answers. Once the right answers to those issues begin to emerge, then we should talk about which party or candidate most closely aligns.

139711866_2525630174408764_9218580758666682670_n.jpg

This thread is to discuss -

What is Trump saying and what are his voters & supporters hearing?

This is very different from the media narrative. We should focus on first person speeches and interviews.

This thread is NOT meant for partisan fist fights. As we all know that is not tolerated on TMC.

This is merely an attempt to understand the "Trump phenomenon" and it's current and future implications.

See for yourself:

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol
Trump said:
"We are not going to let this (election certification) happen!"
Crowd said:
"Fight for Trump!... Fight for Trump!... Fight for Trump!..."
Flag in the crowd:
Trumpmando.png

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol
At 3:10+
"We are not liberals, we don't burn sh!t down. We are coming for THEM..."

Right leaning counterpoint I have heard to all this:
"...The capitol riot was just peaceful protestors (they didn't burn the building down) exercising their rights to protest the election results. BLM protests are worse. They destroy businesses..."

“All Bets Are Off”: An Extremism Expert Monitoring the Trump Fringes Now Has Never Been More Worried
When I was there in the riot, I saw aggressive instigators but also young people who were getting high, celebrating, and seemed to have no idea of what they’d done. Then there were the guys in tactical gear. How much does this riot look like coordinated and sophisticated violence to you?

Armed extremist groups had for a long time been calling for this storm. This is the language that they use. Their time has come. It’s now or never. Trump has led them to believe that their way of life is fundamentally at risk here, and unless they act now to save it, it’s the end of the country as they know it.

Last edited:
Some pointed out that someone previously associated with BLM was inside the Capitol during the riots..

People tying Capitol rioter John Sullivan to BLM and Antifa are missing some key facts
( John Sullivan was some kind of outlier not at all representative of the bulk of the crowd there. Probably there to generate traffic to his live feeds or has just become some kind of adrenaline junkie. The article says that the courts have now put all sorts of restrictions on his activities. )
PolitiFact - Facebook posts wrongly claim left-wing activist, antifa ‘incited’ US Capitol mob

Last edited:
(moderator note: Locking this thread, due to reports from users on this topic. One more note. I dont read, or actively moderate this section (off topic) another moderator may or may not choose to unlock this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.