Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underwhelmed....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s new delivery service

I must have missed something, I thought it was only Lease companies that were (i.e. themselves) doing deliver-to-customer? Is this actually a Tesla thing? (I'm trying to figure out how one-person driving a car from e.g. Southampton Dock to my home, and then somehow getting back to Southampton for another one, is better than Transporters full of cars to Heathrow and them shifting 200 cars a day from there (or erecting a tent at the Docks and asking people to collect from there, as they did in Holland last XMas :) )

Seems I am part of that pilot as well, due for mine to be delivered next Thursday, so watching this thread to see what expect and hoping things improve by then based on the feedback here. Will be interesting to see how long you get to check the car over before they are off to do the next delivery...

Seems I am part of that pilot as well, due for mine to be delivered next Thursday, so watching this thread to see what expect and hoping things improve by then based on the feedback here. Will be interesting to see how long you get to check the car over before they are off to do the next delivery...

When i bought my ex showroom inventory S 18mths ago it was delivered by tralier by a third party - unloaded, my car loaded and off he went....

I must have missed something, I thought it was only Lease companies that were (i.e. themselves) doing deliver-to-customer? Is this actually a Tesla thing? (I'm trying to figure out how one-person driving a car from e.g. Southampton Dock to my home, and then somehow getting back to Southampton for another one, is better than Transporters full of cars to Heathrow and them shifting 200 cars a day from there (or erecting a tent at the Docks and asking people to collect from there, as they did in Holland last XMas :) )

I used to do this for Renault out of Southampton docks about 15 years ago. 5 go out in 5 cars 4 drop off at various locations worked out by the dispatcher, the last car picks up the other 4 enroute then heads to a pick up a car, then the last original is dropped off and the first pick up car takes the other 4 drivers to their pick ups and they all head back to Southampton or to whever the fleet customer requires them to be delivered. Worst one was a Cinquicento with a space saver wheel with 4 of us going to Norwich!! Not a lot of room in one of those. I was the driver and I'm 6'3.
The individual movements drivers get in to small villages, back roads, cities etc. where it would be difficult to access or unload a transporter.

I used to do it for Ford, back in the day when they did truly great cars, every now and again I would be sent on a train to pick up a cosworth, but most of the time it would be to pick up a big std focus or fiesta a probe (lol, remember them?), it was a pretty cool job at the time, cash in hand and expenses for travel and food, oh to be 19 again

Reactions: Adopado
I've had a delivery appointment at my home in my account for two weeks. It says it will be delivered tomorrow at 3.30. Zero contact from anyone to me. When I chase, lease company (Lex) say it's down to Tesla, Tesla say it should come tomorrow but that may change. Not feeling particularly confident after reading this thread!

I've had a delivery appointment at my home in my account for two weeks. It says it will be delivered tomorrow at 3.30. Zero contact from anyone to me. When I chase, lease company (Lex) say it's down to Tesla, Tesla say it should come tomorrow but that may change. Not feeling particularly confident after reading this thread!

I don't have a specific time for my delivery (unless you count 9am to 6pm). Mine is through Lex as well but I got a text from Tesla last Friday.

3.30 is at least a bit more precise, but as it's been said so far that doesn't seem to count for much. Will be interested to hear what happens tomorrow. I am hoping to see some successful deliveries occurring before Thursday or I guess will have to try and insist they deliver to Heathrow as I originally expected.

I don't have a specific time for my delivery (unless you count 9am to 6pm). Mine is through Lex as well but I got a text from Tesla last Friday.

3.30 is at least a bit more precise, but as it's been said so far that doesn't seem to count for much. Will be interested to hear what happens tomorrow. I am hoping to see some successful deliveries occurring before Thursday or I guess will have to try and insist they deliver to Heathrow as I originally expected.
Spoke to the delivery company and they don't have me listed for delivery tomorrow so they will speak to Tesla tomorrow to get it sorted. New appointment in for Thursday now so will see what happens bit messy to be honest but not a big issue!

Spoke to the delivery company and they don't have me listed for delivery tomorrow so they will speak to Tesla tomorrow to get it sorted. New appointment in for Thursday now so will see what happens bit messy to be honest but not a big issue!

H’mmm seems everyone is ending up on Thursday now, had hoped someone would get a delivery before then to get a warm or not so warm feeling on the process working, oh well let’s see

H’mmm seems everyone is ending up on Thursday now, had hoped someone would get a delivery before then to get a warm or not so warm feeling on the process working, oh well let’s see
Just had a call from Pawel at Tesla confirming delivery on Thursday. Apparently I shouldn't be seeing delivery details in my account as an Enterprise customer. They only have delivery slots available on Thursday and Friday of this week left now.

Got an email from a company called autoxp saying delivery date 10th March. No more information on when or between x and y, No contact details, just a don’t reply to this message note.

Any update on whether it's going to arrive, @JimboM?

As a customer also waiting for delivery this week, I've had nothing written from Tesla/Leaseplan or the delivery company, aside from verbal confirmation from Tesla/Leaseplan, that the car will arrive on Wednesday. Can I trust this advice and plan insurance accordingly...?

Please keep us informed about how yours is looking, @Andyandkar!

Any update on whether it's going to arrive, @JimboM?

As a customer also waiting for delivery this week, I've had nothing written from Tesla/Leaseplan or the delivery company, aside from verbal confirmation from Tesla/Leaseplan, that the car will arrive on Wednesday. Can I trust this advice and plan insurance accordingly...?

Please keep us informed about how yours is looking, @Andyandkar!
Delivery company for me is autoxp they said I would get at least 48 hours notice via text and then a tracking email on delivery day. Nothing through for me today though.

How did you find out who is delivering your car? I just a text from Tesla saying it would be delivered, no hint on how or by who.
Guess work really as Lex told me it was being delivered from Chipping Warden and that's where autoxp are based. Found the website emailed them and they responded on a Sunday said they'd speak to Tesla who confirmed my details shortly after via email and a phone call. Should be loaded onto autoxp systems today for Thursday delivery.

Guess work really as Lex told me it was being delivered from Chipping Warden and that's where autoxp are based. Found the website emailed them and they responded on a Sunday said they'd speak to Tesla who confirmed my details shortly after via email and a phone call. Should be loaded onto autoxp systems today for Thursday delivery.

Do you mean they said Tesla is coming from Chipping Warden or that is where the delivery company is based?

I kind of assumed someone was bringing it straight off the dock at Southampton, which kind of makes sense as I live less than an hour away from Southampton (straight up the M3).

Do you mean they said Tesla is coming from Chipping Warden or that is where the delivery company is based?

I kind of assumed someone was bringing it straight off the dock at Southampton, which kind of makes sense as I live less than an hour away from Southampton (straight up the M3).
For Tesla Direct there are 3 bases across the Country Southampton, Chipping Warden and Carlisle. Leasing company sent me a message saying it was in Chipping Warden. I guess your base would be Southampton as the aim to have a maximum of 150 miles from each base to deliver the car

For Tesla Direct there are 3 bases across the Country Southampton, Chipping Warden and Carlisle. Leasing company sent me a message saying it was in Chipping Warden. I guess your base would be Southampton as the aim to have a maximum of 150 miles from each base to deliver the car

Assuming Tesla are only going to use one company for this, can I call them up with a registration plate to make an enquiry, or...?