Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uneven stalks (MY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently received delivery of my MY, and I noticed that my indicator and drive selector stalks are uneven (one higher than the other). I have asked Tesla service to fix it (adjust it?) and their response was that this is a design characterictic, affects all cars and that there is nothing they can do about it. Has anyone who recently took delivery of their 2023 MY (or indeed a 2023 M3) seen this in their car?

I could suck it up, but I cannot help but feel that Tesla is trying to wriggle out of fxing this. Why would Tesla compromise on such a visual design imbalance?

I recently received delivery of my MY, and I noticed that my indicator and drive selector stalks are uneven (one higher than the other). I have asked Tesla service to fix it (adjust it?) and their response was that this is a design characterictic, affects all cars and that there is nothing they can do about it. Has anyone who recently took delivery of their 2023 MY (or indeed a 2023 M3) seen this in their car?

I could suck it up, but I cannot help but feel that Tesla is trying to wriggle out of fxing this. Why would Tesla compromise on such a visual design imbalance?

Assuming in your case the right hand stalk is higher, then that's normal.

Last edited:
Has anyone who recently took delivery of their 2023 MY (or indeed a 2023 M3) seen this in their car?

There was a thread about this for a Model 3 earlier this year. They didn't have any luck with Tesla either.

No real problems with it; I've had mine almost two years and the only thing I notice is a slight lengthening of my fingers on the high side to. My daughter noticed the same in her MY. I assume this will ultimately produce a subspecies of MY drivers over the years.

PS. I am happy you have found another major Tesla design/production problem. I was growing so weary of mismatched panel gaps, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: [Zombie] and mspohr
No real problems with it; I've had mine almost two years and the only thing I notice is a slight lengthening of my fingers on the high side to. My daughter noticed the same in her MY. I assume this will ultimately produce a subspecies of MY drivers over the years.

PS. I am happy you have found another major Tesla design/production problem. I was growing so weary of mismatched panel gaps, etc.
🤣 Stop, dude, come on! I'm trying to sip some coffee here... 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr and Ciaopec