Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Universal phone guide for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

skyline

Former Vendor
May 7, 2017
Chicago
Hello!
I would like to share with the community the latest from Skyline!
The core to guide our and design and development of aftermarket accessories is you, the users in the TMC community.
So based on your input we've designed the Skyline Universal Phone Guides for Tesla Model S & X!

available now:
Skyline Product

Front_3.jpg
The problem?
Tesla provides various guides for different phone sizes.
These do not accommodate all phone sizes and not to mention the hundreds of different phone cases.

The solution!
Skyline Universal Phone Guides!
The innovative approach utilizes an adjustable water-jet soft grip fin to deflect and accommodate all phone and most case sizes. So yes, this fits iPhone X, Pixel XL and even an iPhone 4!
The design is quite simple and illustrated below:

Skyline Universal Guides GIF.gif
Back_3.jpg

How do we make it!?
To maintain a cost-effective product we 3D print the guides layer by layer so yes please be aware there might be small cosmetic imperfections however, parts are 100% tested for fit and functionality!
The grip fins are manufactured by a water-jet process from rubber stock sheets. These are custom ordered and specifically engineered and tuned by Skyline for longevity and performance.

install_3.jpg
iphone4_3.jpg
iphone6_3.jpg

ship_4.jpg

If you would like more info, please feel free to contact me here, or at [email protected]

The Universal Phone Guides for Tesla Model S & X is available now:

We are working on many new Tesla accessories, and we are excited to also start working on some products for Model 3 as well! If you are interested in staying updated on our products, sign up for email updates on our site and we will keep you posted on our latest creations!

lastly, please note our website has changed ensure to use the links in this thread!

Thank you!
Skyline

Attachments

• Install_1.jpg
    Install_1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 131
  • ship_5.jpg
    ship_5.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Ordered last night. Thanks for making this! The OEM guides have such limited utility.

Will post a review once they arrive - and I really appreciate the TMC discount! Thanks!

Look forward to the review! Please contact if there are any questions. And hey we just need the community to tell us what you need and we'll try to make it a reality. Stay tuned for more!

This is great, just put my order in, thanks!

I assume the rubber is soft enough to where it wont dull the sides of the phone after repeated sliding in and out? I dont use a cash with my phones.

You got it! It's direct rubber to phone contact unlike oem that's plastic to phone. Hence, it's an improvement and in no way will it damage your phone.

Nedim
Skyline

It's direct rubber to phone contact unlike oem that's plastic to phone. Hence, it's an improvement and in no way will it damage your phone.
Considering that almost every phone these days is made of some combination of metal and glass (especially the phones that Tesla owners are buying), there's no way for any plastic guide to damage the phone. It's the phone that will wear down the plastic!

Reactions: skyline